• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Applejack
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Spike
    • Starlight

I always want to ask this question to many bronies about their favorite character. But Since the show ended, i want to know if it change through out the 9 years of this shows. So please be honest on your choice :)

Edited by Appledash4ever0
  • Brohoof 3

I still need to catch up from the second half of season 8, but I've always been tied between Rainbow Dash and Twilight, and I think that still holds up, even though I'll always prefer The starring pupil librarian over the princess.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy has been my favorite of the M6 since Day 1 of my time as a brony. I don’t remember who I liked the least, but the earliest I recall is Applejack sometime in the earlier seasons, and it hasn’t changed.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't even really know who's my favorite right now. I used to LOVE Fluttershy back when I first became a brony, maybe because I identified with her / how shy she was and how much everyone talked over her.

But now? I dunno really, maybe Twilight.

Pinkie Pie is always going to be my least favorite however, even if she sometimes ties with RD on things. I dunno, she was always just too energetic for me.

Okay maybe its not the energy that steered me off, it was how 95% of the time she would talk and/or say something without using her common sense beforehand (See "Over A Barrel" for [Pinkie's song VS the Buffalo])

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: Most Favorite: Pinkie Pie (I think. It might've been Fluttershy, though.)

Season 9: Most Favorite: Twilight Sparkle (Twilight Sparkle became my favorite pony after "Lesson Zero" & she's been my #1 ever since.) 

Season 1: Least Favorite: Rainbow Dash (I don't like "sporty" characters.)

Season 9: Least Favorite: Fluttershy

(I stopped being a fan of Fluttershy after "Putting Your Hoof Down" because I didn't like how mean she was to everypony. ESPECIALLY, her friends.) 

• Brohoof 1

From the first second to the last. Twilight Sparkle is, was, and always has been my favorite!

As for least favorite (Not that I don't like them) first it was Rarity. Then "Rarity Investigates" cam out, and my least favorite shifted to Applejack.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite:

Backto back AJ.

Rarity became a very close second since S4 and actually surpassed AJ for a bit there (S6-S7) but AJ is just the best and regained her place before the series ended.

Least favorite:

S1- Rainbow Dash: I don't like arrogant hotheads. Luckily for her, 'Sonic Rainboom' and 'Cutie Mark Chronicles' came, then 'Read it and Weep' sold her as a lovable character.

S9 - Pinkie Pie: While Rainbow Dash might behave as a jerk from time to time out of egotistical reasons; Pinkie Pie can go full a****le without a reason other than 'Fun!', something that most of the time is her own concept of 'fun' and no other pony shares her concept of 'fun' when she's being such a moron. She's still adorable most of the time, though.

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

(I stopped being a fan of Fluttershy after "Putting Your Hoof Down" because I didn't like how mean she was to everypony. ESPECIALLY, her friends.) 

I think it goes along with her old theme of "easily manipulated", as she was kind of made into that jerk by Iron Will.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow is and always was my favorite, though Rarity became a close second by the end of the show (but not too close). It was really hard choosing a least favorite since I like all of them, but it's probably Twilight. I just think she's a little boring compared to the others (sorry :lie:).

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is my favorite in S1. S9 it’s still RD, for pretty much same reasons, only now it also pisses off the writers 

Edited by Jefferson Steelflex
  • Brohoof 3

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Season 1: Most Favorite: Pinkie Pie (I think. It might've been Fluttershy, though.)

Season 9: Most Favorite: Twilight Sparkle (Twilight Sparkle became my favorite pony after "Lesson Zero" & she's been my #1 ever since.) 

Season 1: Least Favorite: Rainbow Dash (I don't like "sporty" characters.)

Season 9: Least Favorite: Fluttershy

I still like Fluttershy, and look at her actions in that episode as a one off incident, but I totally agree that that episode is garbage. Maybe the worst in the entire series IMO.:pout:

My favorite has been Rarity, pretty much from day one, a feeling that has only been corroborated throughout the show's nine-season run. My least favorite fluctuated quite a bit, always between Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Applejack.The former two because of how inconsistent their delivery was at times, lead to me sometimes really liking them and sometimes really not. Applejack just never really appealed to me though.

• Brohoof 1

I started off with my favorite mane six member being Twilight, but later on when I watched season 3 or around that time my favorite became Rainbow Dash and remained that way throughout the rest of the seasons.

My "least favorite" has always been Rarity due to her drama, the way she talks, the things she likes to do, and because I can't relate with her as much as the rest of the mane six. I say "least favorite" though in the sense that I still consider her to be an amazing and likeable character.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, FestiveEnergy said:

I say "least favorite" though in the sense that I still consider her to be an amazing and likeable character.

ayyyy, someone that shares my opinions on least favorite characters!

"I don't like them that much / at all, but they're still good characters"

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie was my favorite early in the show's run (from episode 3 onwards – at first I preferred Twilight). But over the seasons, Rarity slowly started climbing the ranking – at first, she wasn't among my favorite characters (maybe because of my lack of interest in fashion), but already near the end of season 1, I started appreciating her more (after "A Dog and Pony Show", my favorite episode of the first three seasons, she was already my third favorite). Pinkie's portrayal in the later seasons tended to be a bit hit and miss for me, and combined with my increased appreciation for Rarity, the latter eventually became my absolute favorite during season 8.

As for least favorite, I feel that's a bit unfair to choose since I've always loved all of the Mane 6. Applejack is sixth in my ranking of the Mane 6 (and was that at the end of season 1 too), but I still like her.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

Season 1 & 9 most favorite Rainbow Dash (this is an easy choice)

Season 1 & 9 least favorite Fluttershy and Twilight (didn't really liked how the character being so shy that it was in her name. And Twilight becoming a princess slowly ruined her career as a school principal)

in all to seriousness it was actually difficult to choose because Rarity slowly grew on me when earlier I disliked her for being too shallow, and for some time Pinkie was number 1 before she was replaced by Rainbow Dash.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 2

ooo i like this thread idea a lot

My favorite mane 6 was originally Twilight Sparkle and now it's Rarity; my least favorite was Fluttershy and now its Pinkie Pie...

But honestly I love all of the mane 6 so my ranking tends to change a lot, they're all very enjoyable characters I feel

Season 1 favorite character: Rainbow dash

Season 9 favorite character: Rainbow dash

It started as dash a clear favorite but the others with time came close, but never really overtook her.

Least favorite season 1 character: Rarity(it was a tie with pinkie but then party of one came)

Least favorite season 9 character: Rarity(I like her now more, I was neutral towards her in season 1, but now I love her, just not as much as the others)

• Brohoof 2

I like em all but Twilight is numero uno all the way through.

Least favorite is a bit more tricky for me. If i had to choose... the stubbornness of Applejack could get on me nerves a bit so I'll go with her.

Never liked pinkie. Untill pinkies pride and I may have cried with her. I had never understood her till then. 

Rainbow dash has grown exceedingly arrogant. I liked shy rainbow who dreamed of being a wonderbolt but was nervous. Once she became one her arrogance turned me off. 

Twilight. Oh princess my princess. 

It's a hard choice because I like all six of these characters a lot, and yet I've also been incredibly annoyed with all six of them. I wasn't sure who my favourite was at first - very early on, it might have been Rainbow Dash - but eventually I settled on Twilight, because I like the smart nerd archetype and I identified with her perfectionism starting in season 2. But there was a stretch there from seasons 4-6 where I didn't find her interesting at all, and around season 6 I had to admit that she wasn't even close to my favourite character anymore... but then season 7 came and I started liking her again and by the end she was back to my favourite, even with season 9's crummy coronation arc. 

And picking a least favourite is actually pretty hard for me now, because I like all of them a lot even though they've all had some rough patches over the years. At first Rarity was my least favourite, because at times she seemed a little too selfish - I probably should have felt the same way about Rainbow Dash, but her arrogance was more charming to me than Rarity's pretension. But I always did like her, and she became more relatable for me as the show went on. Pinkie Pie had an incredibly rough patch near the end where all of her focus episodes were bad for three straight seasons, but I never stopped finding her delightful in supporting roles. But at the end of the day, if I had to pick my least favourite of these six great characters, I think I'd be forced to say Applejack, just because her archetype interests me the least. She's great but she lacks the others' ambition, which makes her slightly - slightly - less compelling to me. 

My favorite pony from the beginning was always Rainbow Dash because her rough but adorable behavior really attracted me, especially since she is cute as hell.:wub:

Now for least favorite.. goes to old Pinkie Pie. I just couldn't... understand that giant cotton candy ball at all. Sure, she was stupid hilarious most of the time, but sometimes its just like WHY?:blink: