Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why fluttershy is REALLY REALLY SHY

rainbowdash2601

This is my first fanfic tell me what you think about it!

If you ever wanted to know the REAL reason why fluttershy is so shy, here it is! As a child, her parents named her fluttershy. she was a very unique and outgoing pony, but her parents didnt let her be with friends or talk to anypony because of her shameful name. her whole life she was never with anyone. she actually got used to being so shy. The day she turned 18 and was allowed out the house, she saw equestria for the first time. she nearly fainted! all of these long horrible years locked up and she finally got to see outside! immediately after walking out, everypony noticed her because there hasnt been a new pony in a while. She was so exited, she couldnt help but scream. all that came out was a whisper. she was officially uncontrollably shy. also, she loves animals so much because she never got to see one until she turned 18 and was sent out the house.

THE END

___________________________________________________________________________________

• Brohoof 1

It's an interesting concept, but I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticism~

Firstly, I'm a little confused that her parents would name her Fluttershy, and then be ashamed of it later. Why would they name her that if it's shameful in the first place? Maybe her parents didn't know what to name her, so some one else of higher power like the mayor did it for her.

Secondly, I believe in the show, the mane six are supposed to be in their teens, she would probably be younger, but they never actually tell us. I just always picture the mane six as being in their early teens myself.

A bit short, isn't it?

It doesn't matter truly whether or not it's short. Fanfics can range from paragraphs, to short stories, to entire novels. You don't have to elaborate to much on some topics and sometimes it's best not to. Although in some cases it's good to get the full story, this is one of the cases where it isn't entirely necessary, as it's just telling a quick explanation of how and why Fluttershy is Shy.

(edited)

If her parents thought Fluttershy's name was shameful, then why did they name her it?

Edit: oh, Silver Arrow said the same thing. I guess that's what I get for not reading the comments above me.

...Secondly, I believe in the show, the mane six are supposed to be in their teens, she would probably be younger, but they never actually tell us. I just always picture the mane six as being in their early teens myself...

Given that the Mane 6 are living on their own, they aren't teenagers, unless ponies' growth is differant from humans...

Edited by 3p1cd3m0n
  • Brohoof 2

Given that the Mane 6 are living on their own, they aren't teenagers, unless ponies' growth is differant from humans...

This is a good point, but the way the characters are portrayed in the show, they seem much younger. Perhaps it's why they never stated their ages in the show, because then they would have to explain about any age differences and such.

• Brohoof 1

Lets see.

Its an, interesting concept, and I know its fan-fiction, but in your FF you said she was sheltered (or not allowed outside / around the perimeter), but really, in episode 23 (of season 1), they clearly explain that Fluttershy was in public (enough to go to school, or something) and just was a weak flyer, probably due to her shyness.

• Brohoof 1

A bit short, isn't it?

i suppose, it was my first fanfic

If her parents thought Fluttershy's name was shameful, then why did they name her it?

Edit: oh, Silver Arrow said the same thing. I guess that's what I get for not reading the comments above me.

you never now, one year to us is 7 to dogs

Fluttershy =/= Rapunzel.

lol i was thinking of that when i was writing!

Lets see.

Its an, interesting concept, and I know its fan-fiction, but in your FF you said she was sheltered (or not allowed outside / around the perimeter), but really, in episode 23 (of season 1), they clearly explain that Fluttershy was in public (enough to go to school, or something) and just was a weak flyer, probably due to her shyness.

i know what i wrote, the story was supposed to be out of show. like if mlp fim wasnt a show this is how i would have wondered why she is so shy

Eh... I guess I'll be that guy.

Grammar, my child.

Like everyone says, interesting concept, but rather... odd.

Why would they name her a name they would regret?

Why would they not let her outside and make her shy?

...you never now, one year to us is 7 to dogs...

Well, not exactly. A one year old dog would be full-grown, yet a 7 year old human would not. Dogs have a different growth curve then humans do, not just a different growth rate.

I don't think that's how being stuck inside for most of your life works. Haven't you seen Blast from the Past? The dude in that was oh so excited to see everyone when he got the chance to be outside.

I don't think that's how being stuck inside for most of your life works. Haven't you seen Blast from the Past? The dude in that was oh so excited to see everyone when he got the chance to be outside.

But in "How to kill a mocking bird" Boo Radley was afraid of the outside world after being locked up for so long.

But in "How to kill a mocking bird" Boo Radley was afraid of the outside world after being locked up for so long.

You make a valid point.

Although, all these things are fictional, so who cares?

Exactly xD

I barely remember that book anyway xD

Yeah, I read it 3 freaking years ago. I wouldn't be able to remember unless you told me. Plus it was kinda boring. Romeo and Juliet was more memorable than that.

Yeah, I read it 3 freaking years ago. I wouldn't be able to remember unless you told me. Plus it was kinda boring. Romeo and Juliet was more memorable than that.

It was extremely boring.

I'm surprised I even remembered it to use as a counter argument xD