Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In Friendship is Magic, we could see a great variety of (mythological) creatures during the 9 seasons, Equestria grew and extended more and more to other creatures (dragons, faucets, changing were the first), in the epilogue, we could see that all creatures live and share in harmony.

Considering that G5 will be a completely new world (no leaks are accepted here), what creatures would you like to see in the next generation? Is any already explored in the series, or is it one that we have not seen? How would these creatures develop with ponies? (Hippogriffs, Dragons, Kirins, Griffins, Crystal Ponies, Yaks, Changelings, Zebras, Breezies, Sea Ponies, Alicorns, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Draconequus?)

Personally, in addition to Earth Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasus, I would like to see the sea ponies, I think it is a great opportunity to have them as one of main races, I would also love to have changelings, hippogriffs and kirins. Alicorns are a complicated option for me, since in G4 they were explained as ''rare'' and I don't know if it's a good idea to bring them with the same concept, since it would be redundant. 

Comments here!

vlcsnap-2019-10-12-19h53m28s043.jpg.6f3b1a30efdca18bb3bcf84ee871f785.jpg

7708be275596f93d99f15ef9bed72ec0fc4e29cer1-1280-720v2_hq.thumb.jpg.ef69e6a5b0749ccb676aa1a8e7cdfc09.jpg

e_143472782.thumb.jpg.dc0918692da4a6f9d5eff30b68115a8e.jpg

Edited by Twilight Sparkle ✨
Removed an unnecessary spoiler tag
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, JingLBabe said:

That would be a very disappointing and limiting step backwards. :sunny:

Yeah, but on Hasbro’s end it’s logical. FiM did address how species should be treated equally, and the FiM universe is more diverse than ever—but non-ponies aren’t going to sell as many toys, they have appearances that are hard to replicate with one-model toys, and the show isn’t called My Little Pony and Griffon and Yak and Changeling. I’m not happy about it, but I expect it. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

To tell the truth, if G5 is going to succeed selling toys, we need the mane 6 + Spike (and that's it!). All the creatures that were introduced at the end of G4 was just a huge waste for Hasbro. Of course, they can include more characters as the series develop. But if G5 is going to be a reboot, better focus on those great ponies that we all fell in love with, but with new voice actors, and odd designs! Yay! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see more of Capper's species. I don't know, I found something endearing about that cat guy (and it's not just because I like Sonic stuff). Kirins I would love to see return and have more than just one episode. Hybrids would be cool as @C. Thunder Dash suggested. I'm partial to that as my own sona is part earth pony and part kirin.

• Brohoof 1

It should stay mainly focused on ponies, but I’m not against it. So long as it’s not done at the expense of ponies, the world, or the main characters, like seasons S6, 8 and 9 often did 

Also, this time they hopefully avoid making entire species boil down to one character trait that makes them obnoxious, and then be incessant on bringing them back constantly trying to convince everyone they’ll like them eventually(Yaks)

And avoid making drastic changes to entire species that makes them significantly less interesting as a result(like “reforming” the entire changelings species)

• Brohoof 1

To be completely honest, I don't want there to be much of a focus on non-pony characters. They tended to take the focus away from the ponies (the show's namesake), and sort of bogged down the world of Equestria as a whole (I could hardly recognize the time-skip Equestria in the series finale). They were just nowhere near as interesting as ponies in my opinion. If they are in G5, I hope they are mostly just in the background, maybe having one-off/side roles every once and a while.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a couple other types of ponies. The main one I want is batponies, because I think they could be a really nice addition the the world of Equestria. I also wouldn't mind ponies like Kirin and Kelpies being in G5, as long as the main focus is still on the original three types (Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi).

I'd like to see everyone but humans in G5. Diamond Dogs would be particularly interesting to see. Maybe also sentient deer from the comics, although it would contradict the show, where deer are just animals.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Oleks said:

I'd like to see everyone but humans in G5. Diamond Dogs would be particularly interesting to see. Maybe also sentient deer from the comics, although it would contradict the show, where deer are just animals.

Who knows? But im sure the griffons dragons yaks buffalo hypo cats parrots etc are there...UNLESS A war vroke out and the ponies are the only one existing... And you know what happens when theres no one to fight with... You fight with each other.... Its so sweet and dumb at the same time... Awwww..:laugh:

Why do I feel like we will only have earth ponies, with wing and horn+tennis ball attachments, living in a technological world with cellphones and pads? :mlp_icwudt:

I would love to see new and old creatures such as Griffins, Changelings, Hippogriffs, Kirins, Breezies, Zebras. But I would also like to new creatures Reindeers and the Set animal as a minor creature.

If you don't know what the Set animal is, it's the spirit animal of Set. The Egyptian god for deserts, storms, violence, and disorder. The set animal looks like a slender canine with a stiff tail, often forked at the end, its ears are mostly depicted as squarish or triangular with a long nose. The color of the set animal is mostly black but has also been depicted reddish. I would like to the Set animal as a minor creature our new heroes and heroines face in an episode or two.