Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general A time when you couldn’t stop inappropriately laughing

Troblems

This happens to me a lot, as often my stress reaction is to laugh, but let’s hear your guy’s stories about when you laughed inappropriately and it got super awkward.

For me it was when my cousin was jumping on the trampoline and the fabric ripped, and she fell through. She had a cast on her arm, and seeing her on the ground crying struck me as the funniest thing I had ever seen. I made some lame excuse, and ran inside to get her step dad. It took me about 30 seconds to blurt out what had happened between laughter, and it spread. He started laughing, too. It took another two minutes for him to control his own laughing before he could go check on her. She got super angry because he was laughing at her. Completely my fault.

This used to happen a LOT in my younger years on account of my Aspergers syndrome, and still does happen on occasion. But the most notable time this happened was when I was around 11 or 12, when me, my stepdad, and my then-8 or 9 year old stepbrother were watching Cast Away. We were on the famous "I'M SORRY WILSON" scene, and my brother starts bawling. For whatever goddamn reason, I think the scene is absolutely fucking hilarious and start snickering, trying to keep quiet since I don't want to get into trouble (remember, this was before I was officially diagnosed with Aspergers, so my mom and stepdad were concerned that I was likely sociopathic as a result of these uncontrolled laughing fits). Suffice to say, I got in major trouble, got soap in my mouth as an attempt at "controlling" the laughter, and literally felt guilty for YEARS afterwards (up until I was around 19 or 20 if you can believe it).

Freshmen year of high school, we had just finished reading of Mice and Men for our English class and we watched the movie afterwards. To summarize the story, George has to find work during the great depression for himself and his giant of a friend and/or cousin Lenny, but it's difficult since the latter keeps getting in trouble because of his mental disability and not knowing his own strength. Towards the end, George finds himself in a position where he can't get Lenny out of trouble after he accidently killed their boss's daughter, and everyone's out to kill him, so out of mercy he steals a coworker's gun and gives Lenny a merciful death. He's reassuring Lenny that everything will be alright and has him looking the other way, and repeating their variant of the American dream which they've gone over time and time again. It's a very sad and tragic moment, and despite having seen the movie a few years before, I didn't realize how quickly George gets it done and over with. I was caught off guard by Lenny loudly exclaiming how he'll tend the rabbits for one last time and the immediate gunshot, and my reaction was to burst out laughing. No one said anything after, but everyone in the class looked at me with wide eyes. :sealed:

56 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

It's a very sad and tragic moment, and despite having seen the movie a few years before, I didn't realize how quickly George gets it done and over with. I was caught off guard by Lenny loudly exclaiming how he'll tend the rabbits for one last time and the immediate gunshot, and my reaction was to burst out laughing. No one said anything after, but everyone in the class looked at me with wide eyes. :sealed:

That is legit me like...any time a historical movie is played, and someone gets blown up / have their head blown off, like in Glory

Everyone in the class would be cringing or looking away

I'd be sitting there in the corner, laughing my ass off somewhat x3

• Brohoof 1

One time a few moths back. I had the radio on when I was getting up for work very early in the morning. The hosts were screwing with the Alexa app. 

I own an Alexa. So does each of my family. And the host says something to this effect:

"Alexa. Make an announcement."

My Alexa lights up.

"I... FARTED!" He sung out. To my sleeping family. And my sleeping grandma on the west coast. 

Followed by a nice, drawn out farting noise. 

Now I thought this was funny on its own. But when my half asleep brother stumbled in and shut my radio off, telling me everyone heard that, I busted out laughing even harder.

Later I told them Sorry/ not sorry. Because even they had to admit that was pretty funny. 

I don't have a case for myself when it comes to inappropriate laughing, but a friend and colleague of mine had been working a really tough shift. She was just really done with the day. Then the bartenders from the bar next door rolled in a guy in a wheelchair to use our bathroom and she just exploded laughing. She felt horrible, but it was just a freak situation~

• Brohoof 1

I've had a lot of experiences where I've inappropriately laughed uncontrollably, but the one I remember the most pretty much happened at random for almost no reason in the middle of my 8th Grade Health class. Though I also have a bad habit of laughing when something is obviously not funny. I sometimes laugh even as a way to release stress in some stressful situations, like watching people fight in real life, and the et cetera.

I laughed when Jess and I were in mid kiss when we were dating because I heard her stomach grumble, and I had a series of amusing yet invasive comedic thoughts. 

Sometime after that, in a more intimate moment, a stray thought  of the above experience happened to pop in my head ... and yes yes I laughed ... 

• Brohoof 1

One time comes to mind. It almost ended up with my dad beating someone up!

LOL!

When I was little, (I think around ten) my parents took me to McDonald's. For some reason I though it was more grown up if I sat by myself at my own table across from my mom and dad. Anyway, this huge man (Not fat, just BIG!) blew his nose. It sounded like a trumpet and I just couldn't stop laughing! Anyway, the big trumpeter must have thought I was alone, because he came over and started yelling at me. I was so scared! Anyway, my dad came storming over, and Mr. Big started apologizing like crazy when dad said "What are you doing to my daughter!" I swear the guy suddenly got smaller when he hurried off!

My dad is still the coolest guy I know!

This is a true story. One day when we were driving somewhere, I don't remember where too, my dad slammed on the brakes, threw the car in park, and jumped out. He ran full out away from the car. You know why? He saw a guy punch a girl! The guy took off and managed to get away, and we gave the girl a ride home.

So, I work at a fast food place and more often than not they have me taking drive-thru orders. There's this guy in line ordering through the microphone, he has this really strong accent and my Spanish isn't as up to par as it was a few years ago so I just try speaking English. He orders the #1 item on the menu with a "big fries" and a "big Coke" to drink, and I felt so bad afterwards because he couldn't help it but the way he said "big fries" and "big Coke" just made me burst out laughing.

I'm gonna leave what it sounded like up to your imagination because there are people under the age of 18 here, but it sounded like he was asking for something really dirty with that burger. :mlp_lie::ButtercupLaugh:

On 12/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, Jeric said:

I laughed when Jess and I were in mid kiss when we were dating because I heard her stomach grumble, and I had a series of amusing yet invasive comedic thoughts. 

Sometime after that, in a more intimate moment, a stray thought  of the above experience happened to pop in my head ... and yes yes I laughed ... 

And this happened with my girlfriend and I too... let's just say we were just laying next to each other, her stomach just suddenly grumbled really loud and I burst out laughing. She just glared at me :P We occasionally have a laugh about it now though :twismile: