Menchi

Is AppleDash truly canon, as people say?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Why would Applejack move to someone else's farm?

I meant Dashie and the Apple cousin she marries both moving to Sweet Apple Acres  :fluttershy:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I choose to think of it as canon. Their scene together in the final episode clinches it for me. I'm very happy with the possibility being even hinted at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

When watching the finale I strongly got the vibe that the intention by the staff is for it to be implied that they are together. Lyra and Bonbon I don't have a problem, but this seems too contrived based on the whole show.

BUT I will admit I immediately thought back to what Applejack was saying in this scene from "Simple Ways" while watching the "older Mane 6" portion of the finale.:laugh::laugh:

mlpajthsm.png.14284ed5ceb063277645ee80d227a9f6.png

 

I thought about it and I do see Dash wanting to live on the Apples' farm as a real possibility.

One thing that Rainbow Dash has always seemed to have a real problem with is being alone. She may have been just doing her Wonderbolts thing over the years and possibly didn't pursue (or have  luck with) any long term relationships. She's probably coming up on retirement and may have just decided one day that she was getting sick of coming home to her empty cloud mansion day after day.

I'm sure Applejack would probably have been happy to have extra help now that everyone's getting older. I mean Rainbow Dash "helping" around the farm is also nothing new.:ooh:

rdsmashsm.png.a71c34f7c0ec288f21041ae25f7b158b.png8ab.gif.3d606dfb8f41d427bdd1d96833790c39.gif

 

In all seriousness though I do think there's a lot more going on with a character like Rainbow Dash then has been touched on throughout the show.

Edited by Cirrus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I'm still not a believer of that ship, sorry. It'll always be PinkieDash and RariJack for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find nothing wrong with the ship. I mean I like Dashie so whatever makes her happy. And they do really seem a match for each other. Frankly I never understood the issue some people take. They are fiercely competitive friends with years. Intense emotions like that often push to something more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say no because it was stated from the show's beginnings that Rainbow Dash was not a lesbian when the media pointed out her mane style/hair, tail and tomboy personality. As others have said, I'm totally cool with AppleDash if that's your thing. I would see Applejack having met a male pony, marrying him, and later got divorced and I would see RD settling down with Soarin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

18 hours ago, TransitPony said:

I would say no because it was stated from the show's beginnings that Rainbow Dash was not a lesbian when the media pointed out her mane style/hair, tail and tomboy personality. As others have said, I'm totally cool with AppleDash if that's your thing. I would see Applejack having met a male pony, marrying him, and later got divorced and I would see RD settling down with Soarin. 

I instead see Applejack marrying a crystal pony, but he passes away with their still infant foal, leaving her heartbroken. Dashie stays with her, and tries to hook her with Soarin’, being eventually successful. She meets a visiting Apple cousin (now that I think about it, why couldn’t it be Braeburn?), hook up, get married, and both move to SAA :fluttershy:
Why this? Because: 

I got two Mane Six children OCs: Zap Apple, and Applejewel. Guess who are their respective parents :kindness:

I’m a Soarinjack shipper :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand, I always shipped those 2(especially while watching the first few seasons) but on the other there was no built up for this and it happened just because the writers wanted to use some ships and went for this one because its popular(while still leaving it only as a possibility). So I am uncertain about this myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, Kyoshi said:

It is very obviously canon. The small visual hints alone seem like more than enough for me. The show staffers obviously won't say it outright because they know they would then get a shit-storm from idiots who think confirming any kind of gay couple in a "kId'S sHoW" would bring about the end of the universe.

Uhm...the opposite is true as well, that if the show didn't display sexual diversity they'd be labeled 'homophobic' and 'oppressive' and all other horrible, divisive and totally demeaning names and would probably be boycotted by activists and passed around Twitter to be tarred and feathered until Hasbro was forced to terminate employments (oh, and I guess some of that already happened...).

Anyway, I think their relationship is cute. AppleDash makes a lot of sense within the context of the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The creators said that it is for everyone to decide themself if they are together or not. For me personal, no, they are not together. The small Hoof on the head scene can be a hint, but it is not enough for me personal so that I decide for me that they are together. I need stronger hints so that I see a shipping as canon (like the proposal from Lyra and Bon Bon). I guess the reason that the creators don't made it official is that Appledash is a shipping with a lot of fans but also haters and they maybe don't wanted to make the non-appledashers mad. For me personal, I am neither a hater nor a fan of this shipping. I can live with it, but personal, there are AJ and RD shippings which I find more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, Rushing cash said:

On the one hand, I always shipped those 2(especially while watching the first few seasons) but on the other there was no built up for this and it happened just because the writers wanted to use some ships and went for this one because its popular(while still leaving it only as a possibility). So I am uncertain about this myself.

There was no build up. Yea fierce physical competition never leads to more. People never end up with someone they have clashed with and competed with for years. No never happens. That cant be the build up... it has to be as subtle as a hammer to the head for it to be real right? Sorry but I am annoyed with people assuming laziness and ill intent rather then putting forth a bit of thought on how it could have worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jedishy said:

There was no build up. Yea fierce physical competition never leads to more. People never end up with someone they have clashed with and competed with for years. No never happens. That cant be the build up... it has to be as subtle as a hammer to the head for it to be real right? Sorry but I am annoyed with people assuming laziness and ill intent rather then putting forth a bit of thought on how it could have worked. 

It can lead to deeper feelings and I am not saying its impossible in-universe but I would have liked if they showed, or at least hinted during the show(even if only the final season) that there is something more between the 2, that something is developing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

It can lead to deeper feelings and I am not saying its impossible in-universe but I would have liked if they showed, or at least hinted during the show(even if only the final season) that there is something more between the 2, that something is developing. 

Ya see had this been your actual statement Id have never mentioned it. Because hey some people like writing more direct etc. Others like it left to imagination that is fine. But no what drew me out is the whole " the writers wanted to use some ships and went for this one because its popular(while still leaving it only as a possibility) " you just HAD to assume negatively. People that write this stuff do so for YEARS. They give us something we love for years and years and people just have to trash on work they could not attempt to hold a candle to. THAT is what is freaking annoying. I see in in Star Wars and many other fandoms I love. Ungrateful fans complaining about stuff they claim to love and trashing the people that give it to them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Ya see had this been your actual statement Id have never mentioned it. Because hey some people like writing more direct etc. Others like it left to imagination that is fine. But no what drew me out is the whole " the writers wanted to use some ships and went for this one because its popular(while still leaving it only as a possibility) " you just HAD to assume negatively. People that write this stuff do so for YEARS. They give us something we love for years and years and people just have to trash on work they could not attempt to hold a candle to. THAT is what is freaking annoying. I see in in Star Wars and many other fandoms I love. Ungrateful fans complaining about stuff they claim to love and trashing the people that give it to them. 

 

There is criticism and there is trashing, like what happened after the finale was leaked was a disgrace, but saying the writers chose from the most popular ships and inserted it in the final season is in my opinion not trashing, its understandable from writing point of view(there is a reason why the writers chose this ship, or any other ship, either its important to the story or the writers ship them themselves or the chemistry between the characters or something), same goes to cheese x pinkie ship, they did not show any romantic feelings for each other in the episodes and I would have liked if in the last laugh they hinted for some romantic feelings too but the fact that they didn't show it doesn't mean it can't happen during the time between that episode and the epilogue. The writers might have actually wanted to show more(I think on twitter someone said that they wanted to hint on AJxRD during the season but they couldn't) but I am talking about what happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like LyraBon, the other gay ship touted as "confirmed canon" from the finale, but I don't care for AppleDash. Reasons being my dislike for the stereotype, I've always been on the side saying that just because girl characters act tomboyish in kids shows, that doesn't mean they're gay, and my dislike for Mane 6 x Mane 6 shipping as a whole, since I've always strongly felt that the Mane 6's relationship as friends was a large part of their identity.  

However, that's one man's opinion. A fact supporting my reason for not considering it "truly canon" is how quickly things can change with implications in shows. We've seen this happen in the show before with the implication of Discelestia in the Season 4 finale being refuted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SETTLE DOWN.


THIS THREAD IS NOT TO DEBATE POLITICS OR ANYTHING ELSE OF THAT NATURE. 

KEEP YOUR POSTS ON TOPIC OR THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, Megas said:

They say it’s up to interpretation, but it’s really obvious that they made it canon. From Josh Haber’s unsubtle “Maaaaaaaaybe” tweet, to the Gameloft game’s descriptions for future RD/AJ, to the leaks outright saying it.

Whoa, the leaks have them saying it? Do you have the images or links to the images possibly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 hour ago, Misscellanio said:

Whoa, the leaks have them saying it? Do you have the images or links to the images possibly? 

Gimme a sec, I know there were a few emails/scripts with one of the producers asking to hint at AppleDash. With one of the emails even asking for specific scenes of the two together and how they'd work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2020 at 12:39 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

I like LyraBon, the other gay ship touted as "confirmed canon" from the finale, but I don't care for AppleDash. Reasons being my dislike for the stereotype, I've always been on the side saying that just because girl characters act tomboyish in kids shows, that doesn't mean they're gay, and my dislike for Mane 6 x Mane 6 shipping as a whole, since I've always strongly felt that the Mane 6's relationship as friends was a large part of their identity.  

However, that's one man's opinion. A fact supporting my reason for not considering it "truly canon" is how quickly things can change with implications in shows. We've seen this happen in the show before with the implication of Discelestia in the Season 4 finale being refuted. 

See THIS is the type of logic I can understand. I dont agree. But I get it. I personally think the ship is cute. Even if I would not personally write it that way and frankly would rather see RD as the forever on a fling type of filly. 

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

They talked about doing chores together at the same house

That does not mean they have to date. I mean sure I take it along with the body language etc as a good indicator but stand alone it really does not prove anything but that they share a house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of that scene was to show you where they all are in their lives now. For example why did Discord give Fluttershy a lunch? Like Twilight's not going to feed them?

They came in together talking about chores they have to do together. Obviously they're living together and it's canon enough to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

While I'm happy for the AppleDash shippers I personally ship Rarity with Applejack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as both sides are happy, it's not my business to say if they're right for each other or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, Brony Number 42 said:

Since it is a fictional show, to speculate on what happens off screen, if it isn't stated, is kind of pointless. Sometimes good writing is vague.

Like I always say unanswered questions are just fanfiction fuel waiting to be written. And because I'm a person who believes that there are hundreds of ways a person's life can go and they all might have had their interesting outcomes, I think speculation should be allowed as long as you're not forcing it on other people.

My philosophy is never going to be "it's my interpretation or no interpretation at all". That kind of thinking just proves how close-minded a person can be. To me, it's important to always have an open mind and accept that there's all different kinds of possibilities in the world. Even though our world will never have any real magic it's important to keep in mind that all kind of strange things can happen. And it's all about how do we react to them and how do we respond to them.

But to get back to the topic Applejack and Rainbow Dash would make a good couple though I don't necessarily treat it as Cannon. Either way, I accept both possibilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm not a big fan of AppleDash and more of a RariJack shipper. I do think AppleDash can be cannon. But, I'm entirely convince either. Like there is nothing that straight out says they are together for me to believe it is truly cannon. I mean not saying it isn't cannon, but again just part me just don't think so. Maybe it was hug (granted hugs don't mean anything) with Twi on AJ and Rarity. But again the hug was more so just a girl affection thing. I mean I just need more solid proof to agree that it is cannon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.