Rikifive

8-bit You're In My Head Like a Catchy Song (8 Bit) | Famitracker (VRC6)

This is an 8-Bit cover of 'You're In My Head Like a Catchy Song', a song from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - S07E13: The Perfect Pear.

I really liked that episode, which motivated me to do something productive, so I did an 8-bit version of the song soon after watching the episode.
Made in 
FamiTracker. gvX7LEQ.png

I'm still kinda bad at it, so don't expect fireworks. :mlp_pout:

Enjoy! rVzK55c.png

This is so cute! I love this episode and song and this just made them even better. :BrightMacContent:

Really nice! 

I do think a pulse wave would work slightly better than a square wave for the main melody, but it's still a great listen overall. 

Thank you very much @Operetta XDlaR1K.png

Thanks  @C. Thunder Dash!
In my opinion the square wave fits well for this song, I've chosen it for a reason. In the end, it's a matter of style/approach, but to change the duty cycle now, I'd have to adjust pretty much everything including other channels as well, therefore basically re-doing the song in a different style.

It's all about styles and preferences, I see no issue with the wave I've picked. :darling:8aTHiLb.png

Great job, my friend! :awed: Ponies and 8-bit music are truly an amazing combination! :ticking: Visually, I especially like the on-screen lyrics – might sound weird to include that as a highlight, but the font really makes it look like something out of an old game (the nostalgia is incredible). :adorkable:

Also, a wonderful song choice! Maybe this would fit your MLP game very well! :pinkie:

Thaaaank you @Tacodidra! XDlaR1K.png Oh yes, I remember searching for these a lot in my first days in this fandom. :P Oh.. good times... Simpler times. :kindness:

Yeah I think it does make things a bit more interesting. :P And you're right! It is supposed to add that feeling. c:

The title of this song is not a lie, that song is really catchy. ^_^ The episode was wonderful, so I had to let it out somehow. :darling: I doubt I'll have any use for it in my games though. At the moment Shattered Harmony is the only pixel game that will feature such NES-like tracks, but that song is beyond the timeline of that project. There will be some tracks from show involved, but not this one. dfEG13d.png

This is actually pretty amazing! I usually don't go for the chiptunes/8-bit covers, but I really, REALLY like this. :-D I'm totes gonna do a fingerstyle guitar version! 

Awesome job on the video too! :orly:

Badges