Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life is getting blind bags

Steve Piranha

Pony Life is getting their line of blind bags

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/12/bizaare-stock-inages-for-upcoming-pony.html

I must admit the art style of this is more appealing. Probably because of the expressions, but personally, the non feathered hooves help. I’m not fond of my cute mates with feathered hooves :mlp_icwudt:

... I think that green/pink character next to Winona is a llama...?

*scrolls down and looks at the figure*

Yeah, she has fur. I think she's a llama.

EDIT: Waaaait... she has a cutie mark though... what is happening?

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Not surprising. I noticed a lot of the pets have horns. I feel like there's gonna be a "Let's make everyone alicorns" joke in this show somewhere

21 minutes ago, JingLBabe said:

... I think that green/pink character next to Winona is a llama...?

*scrolls down and looks at the figure*

Yeah, she has fur. I think she's a llama.

EDIT: Waaaait... she has a cutie mark though... what is happening?

I heard she might be a character from G1 reappearing

No. Not a fan of these figures. The ponies are too bizarre-looking in my opinion. I won’t be buying these.

• Brohoof 5

5 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

That would be Cha Cha. One of the Pony Friend toys.

Well I'm proud of myself for knowing she was a llama, but wow, i had no idea those existed.

And in the context of FiM lore, it opens up so many questions.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I love how everything either has a horn or is a balloon. :umad: It feels like an inside joke meant to tie in with Pony Life being more silly. 

Yeah, I could see those as episode plots for Pony Life

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, JingLBabe said:

Well I'm proud of myself for knowing she was a llama, but wow, i had no idea those existed.

And in the context of FiM lore, it opens up so many questions.

What's to know? Hasbro made the toy then. They made the toy now. And there is no denying that llama and alpaca toys and merch have been gaining popularity.

Just as Cutesaurus was made to tap into the dinosaur craze of the 80s and early 90.

So they figure why not dust off a figure that might catch older collectors attention (and that's how i found out about the new blindbags) and catch newer fans attention with the llama craze.

Hasbro is a toy company above all else.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Leave a Whisper said:

What's to know? Hasbro made the toy then. They made the toy now. And there is no denying that llama and alpaca toys and merch have been gaining popularity.

Just as Cutesaurus was made to tap into the dinosaur craze of the 80s and early 90.

So they figure why not dust off a figure that might catch older collectors attention (and that's how i found out about the new blindbags) and catch newer fans attention with the llama craze.

Hasbro is a toy company above all else.

...? I'm not sure what you're trying to persuade me of...

I just said I had no idea Hasbro had llama mlp tie-in toys.

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, TBD said:

Yesh talk about a cursed image

8E5D5583-AD04-47D9-8118-2C747BD8D1FC.jpeg.e0ba1ac247d47e70689e723465ed4433.jpeg

Yeah. Its not an attractive figure. The unicorn horn is stupid. I personally never liked the Pony Friends and Pretty Pals myself. 

8 minutes ago, JingLBabe said:

...? I'm not sure what you're trying to persuade me of...

I just said I had no idea Hasbro had llama mlp tie-in toys.

Your talking about how it could tie in with lore. Not every single thing has to have lore attatched to it. As of right now it does not. Its just a toy that Hasbro is reissuing in blindbag form. With a stupid unicorn horn attatched to it.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

8 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Your talking about how it could tie in with lore. As of right now it does not. Its just a toy that Hasbro is reissuing in blindbag form. With a stupid unicorn horn attatched to it.

I would bet money that she's going to be in Pony Life. The toys have generally been really good indicators of what is to come and she's prominently displayed on the packaging. So nothing wrong with talking about potential lore concepts. Pony Life might need to be thought of as completely distinct lore wise, as they might just do whatever they like for laughs.

But if it's supposed to be hand-in-hand with FiM, then I believe Cha Cha would be the first FiM-verse non-equine with a cutie mark.

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 1

85915889-6EB7-4A82-A0E9-8E192AD6B2CF.gif

Alright, guys. Let’s chill out before this thread gets closed.

It’s obvious that opinions on this merchandise are split but that doesn’t mean we need to argue or get upset. Let’s remain respectful with what we say and not take things too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

These are...interesting. I do like some of these designs, but the others are too bizzare for my tastes. Maybe it will make more sense once Pony Life actually gets it start.

Apparently, the way finding out what the toy is mainly relies on the whole "Place the cloth bag into water and shake it up to cause it to dissolve."  Furthermore, there is a code in which you can tell what Pony is in there(Basically, it has alot to do with the letter that the blind bag is on.

I might get one later on when I get the chance.  Hopefully as early as tomorrow to as late as next week.

• 3 weeks later...