Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do next year’s toy designs correspond directly with Pony Life?

Dec Browne

You may have seen a good amount of the merchandise planned for next year which many equate to the show coming out at that same time - Pony Life. But I have noticed two major differences - the toys are lankier and have unshorn fetlocks. They even have box art that looks nothing like PL. Just look at this.

97FB11BA-9CA8-468C-B5E5-0D37A080CD94.jpeg

B83363EC-5562-42AA-A7BF-5530C5026DFC.jpeg

I think some differences are inevitable, especially when it comes to the exaggerated style MLP:PL seems to be using. There's also technical reasons, as some details may be difficult when it comes to mass production. For example, I've heard the reason just about everyone in Equestria Girls is wearing giant boots has to do with the toy manufacturing process, so things like fetlocks might not be compatible with the systems Hasbro is using to produce the toys.

13 minutes ago, Quinch said:

I think some differences are inevitable, especially when it comes to the exaggerated style MLP:PL seems to be using. There's also technical reasons, as some details may be difficult when it comes to mass production. For example, I've heard the reason just about everyone in Equestria Girls is wearing giant boots has to do with the toy manufacturing process, so things like fetlocks might not be compatible with the systems Hasbro is using to produce the toys.

I just remembered the toys and show have fetlocks but the toy packaging doesn’t.

Edited by Dec Browne