Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Go Back To High School? (With a twist!)

Splashee

I kept reading negative answers to going back to high school in the previous thread. That made me think. What if we changed the question a little. Would we get more positive answers this time?

Would you go back to high school if everyone in the school was from this very forum?

The twist is that everyone (I am not stating specific members here) in the school would be from MLPForums. Even if you know them, or not, new members or old members, you might get a feeling that we are all a friendly family here.
Would this chance your answer from no to yes? If you already answered yes, maybe you would answer no for some reason?
Elaborate why, and you might also link to your answer in the original thread for comparison (if you like, you don't have to).

Also, please don't target specific members of this forum, unless they are fine with it!

The original thread from 2015 is here:

• Brohoof 3

As with the first question, it all comes down to one thing: Would saying "yes" revert my body back to how it was in high school before all of my health issues started? If the answer to that question is "yes", then it's an absolute "yes" for me. I don't care if the devil or even Donald Trump would be a classmate, I would just relish in going back to a simpler time in my life when I wasn't limited. My personality would become 100% unrecognizable because I'd be so carefree and happy. lol

• Brohoof 2

@Bastian I took a long night's sleep (day sleep). Gonna try to get some sunlight in a few hours when the sun comes up.

Yes, I would go to high school with all of you! First of all, we don't really have high school where I come from, so it would be a new experience. Second of all, whoever I would meet from here, I would in fact be very interested in talking and helping out, and spending time together between classes. Having a common interest like MLP, and being Bronies, but also trying to get through school together, might actually end up being the best time of my life! :o

That's not everyday I would think out so loudly! :love:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, applesjck said:

I would totally go to high school with everyone on the forums! It would make everything a sure heck of a lot more interesting, that’s for sure. :P

Make it a boarding school, and it'd be more interesting! :P

Now I wanna write an "MLPF High" fanfiction...

• Brohoof 2

Issue with high school is not necessarily in the individuals but more in the unstable age that people are at that point compared with pressure from many directions. It is not really a healthy place or a period in the longèr run for anyone. But still it is a necessary and important phase of growth and gaining experience on that kind of environment.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe I would, but then again I would be again cataloged as the crazy bastard I was in my real Highschool, and also the loner bastard that everybody was too afraid to get near

• Brohoof 1

That sounds like an interesting proposition. But at the end of the day, I really would probably, after a bit of consideration, still say no... Partially because the drama might actually be just as bad as it actually was in High School (if not worse, depending on which members that might include... :dry:). Also, because I was cringy as f*** back then. Like it was bad, really really bad.

I will say though it's much less of a no than just going back to High School as it was.

Edited by Dustleeshus
  • Brohoof 1

At the very bottom of the home page, there's some names and numbers we should take into consideration.

As of right now, there are only 53 members online. I would guestimate that we get at least one new member everyday, and that the number of members that visit at least once every week is 1,000. The most members we've ever had online at any one time is 4,303, and the total number on this site is 41,754.

The high schools I went to averaged about 1,500 and 2,000 students.

The two largest colleges in my state average about 50,000 and 30,000 students.

So depending on how inclusive you're really being, this could look like what I'd consider a smaller high school, or like a full flung college campus.

I've yet to advance my education beyond high school, so I can't say whether I'd be immediately on board or not for college. For high school, it's a no because there's things I've had happen in my life that are never worth giving up. You don't know what you have till it's gone is a lesson to take here. I do think we'd be about as united as typical high schoolers with our spirit and identity within the fandom. Could be a fun experience.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Make it a boarding school, and it'd be more interesting! :P

Now I wanna write an "MLPF High" fanfiction...

Isn't that just basically what Equestria girls is?

• Brohoof 1

I actually enjoyed that time quite a bit, so why not. Having the school full of such awesome students would make it even better! :rarity: It would probably be quite close to a real-life equivalent of the School of Friendship – apart from the subjects studied, I guess. :dash:

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

If I'm a global mod, would that make me part of the school staff?

Yes. Well, janitor?

Spoiler

I haven't seen a global moderator in a long time. hi!

The important thing here is to see if people chose no because the experience of high school might be people related and not school work related. Having teachers that are also members of this forum would of course be okay, but it is not a requirement.

• Brohoof 2