Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular food opinions

Fluttershutter

There are lots of these topics so why not one for food?

I hate the trend on everything being all "natural" and "organic". Chemicals are our friends and genetic engineering improves food.

Coffee. Yuck. :yuck:

Lettuce. Why? :yeahno:

And the most dangerous one: Pineapple is delicious on pizza!

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 3

Coffee is gross. I like the smell but if I received a cup of coffee I'd probably give it to one of you coffee lovers out there.

Raw tomatoes are revolting. I almost threw up one day when I ate a tomato with pepper on it. But the weird thing is, I like ketchup. :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, MarkusTactician said:

Coffee is gross. I like the smell but if I received a cup of coffee I'd probably give it to one of you coffee lovers out there.

Raw tomatoes are revolting. I almost threw up one day when I ate a tomato with pepper on it. But the weird thing is, I like ketchup. :mlp_huh:

Ditto on tomatoes. Not tasty enough and the texture is off putting. 

And I agree on regular coffee. I can never stomach drinking it straight. Creamer. Whipped cream. Sugar. Milk. Lightener. Ice cream. Eggnog. Hot cocoa packets. Anything I can do to make it palpable. 

Weird cause I like coffee and mocha flavored things. 

• Brohoof 2

I don’t mind pineapples on pizza, prefer tea over coffee, and think that being afraid of GMO is a result of ignorance, misinformation or plain stupidity.

Also, I don’t like ice cream and think that sprinkles are one of the most useless things in the universe.

This will be pretty much an eternal work in progress won't it?

• Ketchup and eggs belong together.
  • Pineapple is GREAT on pizza. Olives, however, are not so great... :yeahno:
  • I can't stand coffee. I prefer sweet tea or soda as alternative caffeine sources.
  • Ketchup and BBQ sauce are a match made in heaven.
  • Sweet potatoes are absolutely disgusting and not sweet whatsoever. (factoid: they also AREN'T POTATOES!)
  • I actually kind of like Lima beans.
  • Carrots are best left to the rabbits.
  • Cheetos taste like $#!+.
  • Anything slow cooked is pretty much automatically nasty.
  • Stewing anything makes it ten times nastier than it otherwise would be. It can manage to make HAMBURGER disgusting. :eww:
  • I don't have a fondness for most kinds of nuts... Peanuts aren't nuts and pistachios are an exception.
  • Seafood disgusts me in nearly every form. :yuck: Fish sticks/fillets are fine as long as I don't taste that... fishy taste. But fish and chips is good, as long as the fillets aren't fishy.
  • I like cauliflower, not much less than I like broccoli (which is a lot).
  • McDonald's fries aren't good. In fact, they're kind of nasty.
  • Top Ramen isn't that bad. I honestly think it's great food considering the price of each packet.
  • Bagels are bland and kind of nasty. Cream cheese is the only reason I can stand them.
  • I'm telling you, ketchup and potato chips go together (well, at least non-flavored and BBQ flavor do)
Edited by Dustleeshus

Coffee, even loaded with sugar and milk, is too bitter for me. 

I don’t like potato chips, French fries, or mashed potatoes. 

I can’t deal with raw tomatoes. 

• Brohoof 1

Alright, here we go...

• Tomatoes are disgusting on their own. (Foods like ketchup and marinara sauce are fine)
  • Mushrooms are gross no matter how cooked.
  • Bacon isn’t good.
  • Soda, water, iced tea, and iced coffee only taste good when they have tons & tons of ice.
  • Pizza tastes better with extra sauce.
  • Plain cheese pizza is the best pizza ever.
  • I won’t consume anything a day past its expiration date.
  • Coconut shreds ruin any food added to.
  • Ketchup and eggs is a sinful combination and it makes me want to vomit.
  • Nuts ruin brownies.
  • Dark chocolate is no good.
  • Warheads are pretty damn sour. Some people think that the sour game is weak there but I totally disagree.
  • Nuts on their own are gross unless we’re talking about honey roasted peanuts or cinnamon/brown sugar pecans. Those are the only exceptions.
  • Raisins are one of God’s mistakes. They are gross on their own and in any food.
  • Berry-flavored fruit snacks are the only good ones. 
  • Hot chocolate should only ever be made with milk. Never water. 
  • Even if you promise me that you don’t backwash, I won’t trust you. Your mouth better not touch my drink. Just open your mouth and pour it in, please.
  • People chewing with their mouth open doesn’t irritate me at all.
  • If I give you some of my drink, don’t drink half of it. Just drink some.
  • Double dipping doesn’t bother me.
  • Onion rings only taste good if they are cut thick and battered/fried lightly like this:

171E57A2-5950-4AD0-AEE2-7CFC9FDA67B3.jpeg

Not like this... This is straight up terrible. 

CF223C32-E26E-4DC5-90B2-08D3ADBE1898.jpeg

• I've probably made this pretty clear through many posts in the past, but I actually like drinking unsweetened sparkling water. Once I got used to the bitterness, I was able to drop pop altogether, which is great!
  • Like many others here I don't drink coffee. I also don't drink regular tea. I can only drink mint tea.
  • I can only eat cheese pizza. I couldn't care less what other people eat on their pizza, just keep it far away from mine.
  • I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but whole grain crackers are so much better than the regular kinds. They have a crisper taste.
  • I can't stand the kind of processed meat they put in burgers. It makes me gag.
  • While I do like Arby's curly fries quite a bit now, when they had Homestyle fries back in the day they were better than the curly fries.
  • I don't like bacon. It smells delicious, but that's where the goodness stops.
  • I eat my cereal dry, and don't need to be told about how I can find non-dairy milk-like products to put in it. I LIKE my cereal dry.
  • I actually like Loft House cookies. I think that the knock-off kind that Walmart makes is even better.
  • I am grossed out by 90% of food that regular people eat and physically can not eat it, so I have a bad diet.

Chemicals is one we need to be careful with because there're risks with the run off getting into the environment and sourcing it renewably. We use phosphate in fertilizers and 75% of the world's reserves come from Morocco. There's enough to last us between 50 and 100 more years, and like nuclear energy, I think we should make use of some of it to jumpstart us onto greater and better things, but not heavily rely on it in the long run. Lol, made this way more than just about food.

I don't like Nutella or Pineapples, alone or with anything.

Also I only like honey when it's thoroughly dissolved in my tea, and the only tea I like is mint. It's all fancy mud puddle water anyways.

Edited by SharpWit

On 12/29/2019 at 10:11 AM, Fluttershutter said:

Pineapple is delicious on pizza!

100% agree! But you know what’s even better? ANCHOVIES!! :kirin:

On 12/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, Cash In said:

Maple syrup tastes absolutely amazing with bacon.

That’s UNPOPULAR?? What kind of heathens don’t like maple syrup on bacon??

Also I like eating straight cottage cheese. No fruit or anything, just cottage cheese.

I hate tomatoes. Keep attempting to eat them, spit it out every time. Don’t mind tomato products, but the tomato has to be practically puréed.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, SharpWit said:

Also I only like honey when it's thoroughly dissolved in my tea, and the only tea I like is mint. It's all fancy mud puddle water anyways

Y-you just said a s-s-sinful thing there, young man! I will have to force down a million gallons of chamomile to change your mind!!!! :lostit:

nah i'm joking, you can dislike tea if that's so! 

I don't like penut butter and chocolate together.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cagey said:

I can’t stand carbonated beverages.  

I’m not fond of caramel. 

I like the cake better than the frosting. 

OMG THIS IS ALL ME! GOD BLESS YOU I FINALLY MEET SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, Lunas Secret Lover said:

Ketchup goes great on eggs.

Fight me. 

Yess! It tastes awesome on scrambled eggs!