Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted I draw Ponies

Lunatic_Moonwalker

You did alright, Chest and Head size could be a little more balanced, lines could be smoother and Fluttershy looks cross-eyed but not bad overall. Keep at it and keep sharing your progress.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

Thanks I´m glad you like it.

What exactly do you mean with "lines could be smoother"?

In some sections they change angles when they should just be a continuing curve, so not every part is evenly rounded.

For future use, you can type the @ symbol to bring up a username to mention someone, or using the quote feature and highlight the text for a specific section of a post, if you want someone to see something publicly.

• The title was changed to I draw Ponies
20 hours ago, Deerie said:

For colorful.. why not do a colored Rainbow dash drawing? :3 lol

I already drew Rainbow Dash without colors.

I got a good idea for the next one, its not gonna be Celestia or Rainbow Dash, don´t have a good inspiration for them yet.

But first I need to get some colored pens. :laugh:

You asked for some tips in your initial post, I will try to give you some~

When it comes to shadow and light effects, you first have to know where the light source is (or are). Look up reference images. Learn from real life or from other styles you like. The MLP show itself does not use many shadow effects when it comes to the characters. One or two legs are a bit darker sometimes, the ones further away from the viewer. And they like to use simple shadow circles below the characters.

And in my opinion it's important to think in 3D. Especially when it comes to shadow effects and stuff. When you are able to imagine the shapes and forms, everything will become easier.

There is more to it, like learning the the fundamentals and other technical aspects. But the most important thing is simply that you have fun while doing it. In that sense, there is no real wrong way to draw. If you are happy with the result, it's perfect. :) If not, simply work on those parts~

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

Hi I´m a new artist.

Thats just the Mane 6 without any context.

What do you think? Maybe some tips about shadow/ light effects? I really struggle with that.

Mane 6.jpg

Fantastic! :love:

I am sad I missed this topic. Your ponies reminds me of Hasbro's official art (like the ones you would get on stickers). They are definitely well done! I also like Rainbow Dash's mane colors as gray scale! Very impressive!

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Fantastic! :love:

I am sad I missed this topic. Your ponies reminds me of Hasbro's official art (like the ones you would get on stickers). They are definitely well done! I also like Rainbow Dash's mane colors as gray scale! Very impressive!

Thanks I should really start to draw some ponies again. Maybe for the recent art contest but I got no idea yet.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

Thanks I should really start to draw some ponies again. Maybe for the recent art contest but I got no idea yet.

If you do the contest, I am sure you will get a nice badge as well. it is a win-win situation!

I want to see more of your art! :coco:

• Brohoof 1

On 12/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

Hi I´m a new artist.

Thats just the Mane 6 without any context.

What do you think? Maybe some tips about shadow/ light effects? I really struggle with that.

Mane 6.jpg

I suggest making the heads a little bigger and the chests a little bit smaller