Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

• 1 month later...

I should have chosen a name less prone to spelling errors.

So many times I have corrected myself from saying Spalshee.

:glimmer:

• Brohoof 1

Whoops, should've said this over here:

On 7/6/2020 at 11:12 PM, Ixrec said:

I've been using "Ixrec" (= Eric + X) as my online alias ever since a Kingdom Hearts forum I was on did a "What's your Org XIII name?" thread.

I elevated it to my actual alias mainly because it was so short and unique. At the time, it got literally zero google hits, and even now most google hits have something to do with me (even if the ranking is a bit baffling).

I actually have a different nickname outside of community because of privacy reasons. For the fandom I just took random Russian word определён (defined), spelled it with latin characters and got "Opredelen". But accidentally misspelled it and now I'm Ooredelen:sealed:

• Brohoof 1

I usually just come up with usernames randomly for each website as my main nicknames are often already in use or are too short (alis, or kana). I came up with 01netcat because like a hour before registering I was playing with mitm between a http server and a client using netcat, using my own devices that is. There's no special meaning in it and it wasn't supposed to have one.

I chose the name TheNewBrony because when I joined MLP Forums I had only been a brony for about a week. I guess I didn't really think about what I should do when a lot of time had passed. Now TheNewBrony isn't the best name for me... 

Okay um, I lied, my last one didn't stay.

I chose this cuz it's not specific to just my Ponysona, and plus I fricking love Cookie Cakes. Mmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The explosion thing was meant to represent “an explosion of ideas” and the “mare” part, well, that’s self explanatory. I also wanted to go with a pony name from the very beginning on YouTube (which is where the name originated) because I wanted my name to stand out as a pony channel. The other option was to use my OC’s name “Pencil Pouch”, but unless I became super popular or something crazy, then that name would get lost in the algorithm.

• Brohoof 3

I don't have an ultra clear recollection anymore but I have this feeling in the back of my mind it involved a random word generator. Honestly I feel now that my username is kind of cringy. I'd change it except it kind of has a certain sentimental value now. Almost everywhere online I just my first name Colt instead as an identifier if possible because I'm not really good at coming up with usernames. 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

• 4 months later...

The story behind my username is a breath taking tale:

When I decided to register here, I needed a username and had none. So I came up with the brilliant idea to look if there are any MLP FIM name generators around. I found one and clicked through several names. One suggestion was not so bad, Astral Chaser. But I didn't like the Chaster part and boom Astral Soul was born ;)

• Brohoof 2