Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I chose my display name based off an NES game I played earlier today.  My username across the network is "Picking_A_Good_Username_Is_Hard."  That's pretty self explanatory I think.  I dunno.  I wanted to make an account, but really didn't feel like being "creative" nor did I feel like recycling old usernames from other places.

Slightly off topic I wonder how they manage to pick names for new ponies on the show.  Eh, that's a topic for another thread, though.

I chose mine because I love dubstep, but this used to be a secret until three years ago. Clandestine means "kept secret because illicit", and it was just against my personality to like dubstep... Simple as that, but meh... xD

When I was real young I got the name Muk because when I was growing up Pokemon red and blue were brand new and such a big deal. My brothers named me muk cause I was a dirty child I guess I just really hated baths. I then moved on to Bon-Bon which is because my actual name is Bonny. I got a new nickname by the name of Big Cheeze. I am a big person and i would randomly say cheeze all the time. After the cheeze phase was over on came the cow phase where my friend and I would tick off my one friend by saying moo all time which ended in me getting the nickname Bonny-Mooo but now I go by Ninjawear cause I am a huge ninja fan and thought ninjas would name their underwear ninjawear soo yea..... My friend and I were drinking and playing Xbox 360 at my grandmothers house and I decide to get a new username for her xbox so that how i came up with the idea have had it ever since XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, gather 'round little fellas as I present you with quite a tale...

It allllll started yesterday when I said to myself "Hey, Raven, you think cars are kinda neat.... your boyfriend's username is a car, SO WHY NOT BE A CAR?"

And that is exactly what I did, lil fellas. I became A CAR. What car you ask? Well, none other than a 1985 Ferrari Testarossa.

b1c6e6fffde16830ca942382820c3c27.png

Ain't she a beaut? Thought so too.

Anyways, I feel as if that car spoke to me... as if to say "Raven! pick me! we're meant to be."

And.

Indeed.

We.

Are.

Because my OC represents me and I'm a complete computer nerd. :derp: And it was actually my friend who told me to choose it because I was on a rant about how Linux is way better than OS X all the time(she's a mac person :okiedokielokie: ) and then I was trying to come up with names and she said Linux! :D Then I just added Distro to the end. :3 Thanks, Brandi!

I was drinking my evening cup of Milky Jade Oolong as I decided to sign up on this forum. I thought it was "good enuff" for a name, the end. I probably would've chosen something different if I had bothered to think for a while.. but I might as well choose my favourite cup of tea and not give a deuce about cool little obscure references...

I chose my username based on several factors.

My vampire nickname based on my personality which is raven. The color silver because it is one of my favorite colors. Tail because I thought it might be cool to have a tail. Like a wolf's tail.

Because I cut trees  :D

I don't really know why but it just came to my head and I liked how the word tree and cut sounded together so I decided to make it my username.

Because I was an 'Undercover Brony' - with only two people knowing of my being in this fandom - at the time of my making my account. 

So, with that in mind, I needed a name that fit. Something that sounded 'undercover', and in my head, '00Pony' sounded undercover-esque. Sorta like '007' (I'm not actually a big fan of the James Bond franchise). Plus, to me at least, 00Pony kinda just flowed pretty well. There was a point in time where my username was 'Blake Belladonna', which was in reference to my favorite character - of the same name - from the webseries 'RWBY'. 

Ooh, that's a good story! Well, not a very long story, but a good one. Well, at least it's good to me. It's sentimental, anyway.

................ Getting back to the question, my Granddad used to call me Henny Penny Benny (because my name is Benjamin), and it's something I've always remembered him fondly by.

Well mine is actually part of a two part name that I use for virtually everything, and to me it makes sense

Its a short form of TranslucentBitrate which makes sense since one does not actually see bitrates though it can be measured since its really just "speed" and while we like to associate things with speed, speed isn't something that can be seen, I added in Translucent.

HOWEVER this has resulted in some horrid nicknames in the past "Tranny Bits" is just one. but I digress.