Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Well, I used to really love this youtuber called Foxglory123. She called her fans her "Vixxens" so that is where the first name came from. I just took Vixxen and made it 20% cooler.

My name was created out of the advancement of my previous name DXSilverX

As a current and big fan of Rarity, my name is derived from the magnificent color design and words to best describe my polar opposite name for Rarity.

Very mature and regal name if I may say so.  :)

Frozen Rain Username of my OC. It's a spin off of the term "freezing rain"  I just liked the sound of it. I also went through about 20 usernames before coming to this one. I go by Chill Factor on some other sites. That too is a spin off of a weather term (Wind Chill Factor). Most of the usernames I've had in my past is usually a reference to something I like. Ex: Weather or Aviation. sometimes ponies

I find it interesting how my usernames are associated with the cold when I don't like the cold. 

Edited by FrozenRain

My username came from when I played Club Penguin. (When it was still good) I used Pete576. It came of the top of my head and it just sort of stuck. Now later when I started doing other username required things I made my username Jared576 because Jared is my name and 576 just stuck. Eventually I though I don't want people knowing my name so I changed it to Snapper576. Now just recently I though I don't like the numbers anymore so I changed it to The Snapp.

• Brohoof 1

I want to know what you name means, as the title implies! :D
My name is Candyce, and when my friend looked it up I found out that my name means "brilliantly white, or glittering white". In Greek, it means "Queen Mother." 

Bow before me, children. >:3

Edited by PeachBlink
  • Brohoof 7

My real life name is Grayson Bochat (bo-SHAY) and my parents got the name from Grayson county Texas. It is of Old English origin meaning son of a gray heard man. :P Bochat is French for pretty cat, at least that's what my mom thinks. :P

Edited by Gemini Eclipsed
  • Brohoof 1

Somewhere early on I thought my name meant "Creative, artistic". I don't know whether I got that from my mom, or somewhere on the internet. However, I haven't seen that meaning in years either way... Now all I see is "rival". It's one of the most popular names, and it has that meaning?

I looked it up more, and now I've seen it "hard-working", and "To Strive Or Excel Or Rival".

I don't know... >.< Seems like there is no clear meaning behind it... Oh well, it's just a name... Not like it could actually predict anything about me as a person. xD

• Brohoof 2

Well, my name has two different meanings. The English origin meaning is "rules by the spear" or "bold spear." The Irish origin meaning is "to watch." So in England I am a bold warrior, or in Scotland a pervert! 

• Brohoof 1

My name is Adam, here are two meanings that I found.

• The noun 'adam is also the masculine form of the word adamah which means "ground" or "earth". It is related to the words: adom (red), admoni (ruddy), and dam (blood).

• This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew אדם ('adam) meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Akkadian adamu meaning "to make". According to Genesis in the Old Testament Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew אֲדָמָה ('adamah) "earth"). He and Eve were supposedly the first humans, living happily in the Garden of Eden until Adam ate a forbidden fruit given to him by Eve.

My legal name is the name of a historical king, who, if I remember correctly, was an @$$hat (which is why I use my name as little as possible). Frith (the closest thing I have to a name besides my legal one) comes from a Germanic Old English word meaning peace or security, or in other contexts/languages, friendship (hence my username) or fealty. The use of the word which I have encountered most commonly is a more complex idea; it is an idea of giving and receiving, gifts and hospitality between friends, loyalty and power between lord and liege, it is the nature and strengthening of social bonds at different levels. It doesn't have the sound of a name, but I think it has a pretty solid meaning.

http://www.friggasweb.org/frith.html

Noah:Derived from the Hebrew name נוֹחַ (Noach) meaning "rest, comfort". According to the Old Testament, Noah was the builder of the Ark that allowed him, his family, and animals of each species to survive the great Flood. After the Flood he received the sign of the rainbow as a covenant from God. As an English Christian name, Noah has been used since the Protestant Reformation, being common among the Puritans