Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

My name was inspired by many kirby games (Mainly or mostly the original Kirby Super star for the SNES which it started for me, but as well as Kirby 64) and Fluttershy. I took the idea for the name because it popped on my head about having that name. My story was I was once "KirbyHamtaro" in many places, but will live on through my memories after My interest with Hamtaro (yeah the actual anime or cartoon since my high school days, but also my favorite character of the show), and ever since I got into MLP and adore (or loved) fluttershy, I took both Kirby and Fluttershy and combined the name of my own.

Spirit stallion of the cimarron literally saved my life when things were at their worst. I also was one of those kids who wanted to be a super hero. Add into that me being a scifi loving nerd and boom. I just took the name of the valley the main character called homeland and added a stereotypical super hero name, picked to fit my age at the time (14), and viola.

I just found a new username I can flip to every now and then! I used to be Sterling Crimson because that's the name of my OC (and I still am), but I changed it to The Ancaster Brony because I truly am the only MLPF user from Ancaster, Ontario. 

I kinda went and took a part of timeturner and rainbowdashes name and got timedash I have no idea if it is already a pony name I somehow found without the Internet or what plz tell if it is  B)

I made my account when Pokemon Black & White came out, and Samurott is my favorite Pokemon from those games.

• 1 month later...

This topic is based off of a similar one based on the profile picture instead of the name...

I was wondering why people chose their shown name for the forums?

For instance, I chose my name because I had watched the video and decided that I liked it enough to base my work in the fandom around it, branding me as the child of the night.

So whats your story?

It's my gamertag for xbox.

I use it for lots of stuff because i think it's funny.

My friend was letting me play his xbox years ago and he told me to make a name.  I really didn't want to play, but he made me.  His friends that he was playing with told me not to make a stupid name.  So I picked Scumcandy just to make them mad.  I guess it's more of an inside joke  :ph34r:

I was a cellist in High school using a carbon cello, and I was known as a "Maestro" when I won a composing competition.

So I just combined the two words. There you go.

It's my gamertag for xbox.

I use it for lots of stuff because i think it's funny.

My friend was letting me play his xbox years ago and he told me to make a name.  I really didn't want to play, but he made me.  His friends that he was playing with told me not to make a stupid name.  So I picked Scumcandy just to make them mad.  I guess it's more of an inside joke  :ph34r:

Same,it's my PSN and Steam handle.

(edited)

It's my OC's name and I guess maybe I thought we all had to have pony name's and I thought it was pretty. It is right? (That's not a question.)

Edited by Star Ruby

My display name is kind of random. If I remember correctly, I thought it off the top of my head. I chose Frosty because I like cold weather and ice cream and stuff. Nerd because I like to learn, be smart, and I'm a geek, too.

That name... is old actually. o_O

Ghost is a reference to my pale skin and quiet/calm personality.

Pony is mostly a reference to pony cars, and surprise mlp appeared.

750 is... well... this username i always taken lol. So random number as a filler.

Mine is there because I'm indecisive, I haven't chosen a username really yet that I would like to stick to :blush: