Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I was going to chose the name of my tulpa, Salvia (no, she's not a pony), but I just kinda leaned to my current name just because of my interest with Yandere's...Island, is just something to add on to it lol! So yeah, there you go!

Lume, in my main language (Portuguese), is another word for "fire", "brightness". I chose this username randomly a few years ago for an online game I used to play, liked it, and nowadays I use it for everything else on the internet~

WMJ is an acronym - it stands for the full name of a dear friend of mine. We met when we were young, but then he moved out of town and we never saw each other again, since I failed to get his phone number, e-mail and everything (I was so young, I probably didn't even know those things existed). So I dedicated my username to him, I don't know, probably in hope that someday he would see it somewhere and recognize it. Who knows? The world is a small place!

• Brohoof 2

Well, Patfhinder is a word I like, and I feel it represents how I see myself in life. I try to find the path that bests fits me; but it's a never ending search as there is never one perfect path. As such, it's an ongoing thing; an adventure in its own right. :)

CS is essentially a tribute to the internet name that I have been using previously for years; Captain Spyro. I decided the time was right for a new name, but I wanted to at least keep a mention of the old one. :)

I'm starting to use this new username on newer forums I register on~ it matches my business cards for my custom pony figures. 

Significances for "Lightning"- Typically, it represents Lightning Clair Ferron from Final Fantasy XIII. Also, my fursona/ponysona Mana Lai Ayerus has a lightning bolt horn, and focuses light magic. So in logos and signatures, I typically include a lightning bolt. 

Significances for "Mana"- back when started doing online sales, I the alias "Mana" stemmed from the Play Station 2 video game "Dawn of Mana". 

I ended up naming my fursona/ponysona Mana Lai Ayerus kind of stemmed from that, and things have evolved into what it is now~

So overall, my username means "Lightning Magic". 

And I think it ties all of my sources of inspiration together nicely~

The username I currently have is an abbreviation of a longtime online name I used for many many many many years. I decided to use this username because that is how my audience, fans, whoever recognize me by, and there are always some online names that will never get old for the person. Skrillex is an example of the fact that even stage names can start off as online names too! :)

post-27780-0-09330500-1404164188.gif

• Brohoof 1

I changed my name from "Samurott77" to "Royal Samurott" because I thought if how adorable Samurott would look in a crown:)

It used to be Jake! and then Jake_. I choose Jake DiscoTech because I was going down memory lane on FIFA 07 and in the soundtrack was this 

I chose mine because I like Rainbow Dash, and Scout is my favorite class in TF2. I kept changing my names, but now I'm sticking with this one.

• Brohoof 1

Ah... Well this story goes back a few years...

I remember while playing some video games, I thought maybe instead of firing hundreds of arrows into another random citizens skull, I would go talk to them. And I found out that the characters of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Each had a story to tell. From there on I beat the game. I had all the allies I could ever need, I could barter my way out of paying almost any price, and always had a place to sleep.

It was the best weapon the game gave me. A wonderful weapon. Wunder Waffen is German for "wonderful weapon" or "wonder weapon".

It sort of signifies that words can always do more damage than weapons. And words are a part of my very fibre of being.

• 2 weeks later...

to seethe - to be in a constant state of anger,but being able to control it and not let it show through.

just how i am feeling when im talking to people who feel that they are smarter than me, without actually being able to provide reasonable arguments to a discussion.

i added a "c", because its the first letter of my name.

it also sounds kinda cool.

I choose "Watchful Guardian" as my current username because that's just how I see myself as a person.  I am always watching and I whenever I see someone having a bad day, living without a home, or being harmed I feel the desire to step up to help them (I haven't found the third situation yet personally, but I imagine that's how I would react).  I just wish I could do more.  I also chose it because it's my favorite track from The Dark Knight OST "A Watchful Guardian".

Usually I'm an ice dragon, I even have a special number. And I have used in every online persona I have. Even here it's my login name. However, as a pony site I figure dragons are not really the right vibe. So I go with brony. Icee is a combination of several things: my original name (online), the common form of said name (icee or icy as it's much or playful than ice), and of course the awesome frozen drink that I've loved since I was hatchling (foal? kid? whatever)

I was planning on joining the forums so I made an OC. After the personality and backstory, I experimented with designs until what I have now. So I though of a name for it, and just inspired it from the character of Twilight, with a different time of day for the color and using a synonym for her last name. Not the most creative thing, but it's much better than the people who ask people for a name or a simple "Brony123"

It's a monogram version of my username on another forum from around a year ago.  Guess what it stands for, and you win immortality, omnipotence, omniscience, and a pony made out of cookies.  Good luck.  :P

Well... I chose Miles (Miles Glidershy in full) one day a while back.  I should first say, that since the time I chose my username to now, my thoughts on "best pony" and "best pony race" have changed.  Anymore, I don't have a favorite race.  It used to be Pegasi, but now I just love them all.  And, as far as fav pony, it's always changed from episode to episode, and I just fall back upon Applejack because I'm a country boy.

As for my username... I chose Miles because it is a measurement of distance, as to which Pegasi can cover long distances quickly (and it's also an actual name); Glider- because it relates to flying; and -shy because I'm an introvert IRL.  

I just figured as much to keep it even though my views have broadened.  It's a good name, and I like it.  Besides, I tend to fall in line with the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so, lol.

• Brohoof 1