Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How was your 2019?

Lucky Bolt

Uh. Chaotic. But honestly, last year me probably would not believe I made it through the year moderately alright. Finished exam, finding confidence to communicate with stangers, remeeting people from the forums, rediscovering why I love Tim Drake, reignite my love for Michael Jackson's music. I apparently accomplish a plenty of things on 2019, stupid things or sensible things. 

So I think 2019 for me personally had been alright. Ridiculously chaotic, but alright.

• Brohoof 1

2019 was difficult in many ways, mostly in terms of hard physical labor and the fact that my job, which is one of the most precious things in my life, underwent a significant change due to my age, which is sadly inevitable. 

But I should focus on the good times. I did have a tiny but really fun little one day trip to Disney World, I had a deep and beautiful Christmas season, and I started learning Japanese. 

Bad things are inevitable but I refuse to focus on them and overlook the good times, which are plentiful if one sees the glass half full.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

2019 was difficult in many ways, mostly in terms of hard physical labor and the fact that my job, which is one of the most precious things in my life, underwent a significant change due to my age, which is sadly inevitable. 

But I should focus on the good times. I did have a tiny but really fun little one day trip to Disney World, I had a deep and beautiful Christmas season, and I started learning Japanese. 

Bad things are inevitable but I refuse to focus on them and overlook the good times, which are plentiful if one sees the glass half full.

You’re great, Dreamy.

Mine start off good but ended like crap, nothing but pain.

• Brohoof 1

An up and down year to be honest but I guess all I can say is things are looking up for me and it told me that even in the hardest of times, you should never give up and keep trying because you never know what would happen. :coco:

Edited by LeafFerret
  • Brohoof 2

I think my 2019 has been better than some previous years..

I quit a job I hated, it's been hard finding new work around here but I'm hopeful that with the help I'm receiving the new year will be better for me.

Started therapy, I like this therapist more than my previous ones.  He challenges me instead of simply looking for groups and telling me to be on my way.  It also helps that I have a limited set of sessions with him so I'm trying to be more proactive with my recovery this time around.

Got back into sewing and crochet after leaving it alone for a long time.  I still would love to have a small business involving sewing, it kinda feels silly now because it feels so unattainable from where I am currently but never say never, right?  I think it would be cool to have a small shop that has some fabrics and yarn, I think it would be even cooler to open it on my rez since my rez needs more businesses and employment opportunities, stimulate the economy a bit.  If I ever get the opportunity to open a fabric shop on my rez, I'd like to try starting a sewing club at the school on rez or maybe something for the high school off of rez?  Some type of club to get more people into DIY stuff would be cool!!!  Maybe one of these days...

Started talking with my doctor about getting top surgery, I would love to have done it already but I think it was better for me to wait.  Might need to do a fundraiser to be able to afford travel and stuff, we'll see.

There've also been little improvements along the way too that I can't quite remember right now, there've been downsides too but my main concern is is that I'm working on them.  I'm really hoping 2020 will get even better for me too.

• Brohoof 1

*sign...

it's just another year big whoop. Lots has happened but I can't decide if it's good or bad.

Overall, though there were some difficult moments to contend with throughout the year, I'm going to look back at 2019 fondly.

This year saw me make some great personal achivements. First and foremost, I completed my honours degree in college, something I would have never dreamed to be possible for me just a few short years ago. I also made big gains in my professional career and feel like I'm in a pretty good place with it. I also had some great trips, including getting myself to the last BronyCon and meeting a whole load of the community. That was something truly special. :D

There were difficult times too, including the death of my Grandmother, which was hard on all of us in my family. But we've moved on stronger, and I truly do feel that we've made some great personal gains this year, so I'm keeping optimistic about the immediate future. :)

• Brohoof 2

Stressful, happy at times since I got to see my best friend again after 4 years, I've got to see new places, I've done more exams then the previous years, read about 11 books, mostly of the time I've felt down and unhappy.
I'm satisfied by certain aspects of it and maybe I've learned something I'll use to make this year better, who knows.

Well, two holiday, day out, 2 weeks off, 6 cons visits, meeting some cosplayers and meeting dinosaurs in museum and display in my hometown. And England won Cricket World Cup.

As for worst, having money problem, problem at curtain place, Football (hate seeing team, Manchester United at worst and rivals stealing glories, it make me sick), worst con I been and Engand lost Rugby World Cup & Cricket Ashes.

So my year is good but gone down abit after my birthday in October.

Edited by Derpy Man

I was in Korea for most of 2019. It was my first time out of the country and I was there for 9 months. The workload I had there wasn't too bad in retrospect, certainly way more than I'm used to back here, but it was manageable. I still look back on it with regret though, right after getting to Korea I lost a person who I considered to be my best friend at the time. In hindsight it was good for me to do so, but it still hurt. The months after that were filled with uncertainty and sadness, way more than I probably should've allowed them to be.

Losing my friend did force me to focus on other friendships though, and as a result, I reconnected with two old friends that I don't think I would've done otherwise. I've made some new acquaintances here and there, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore, and I've considered leaving the site many times.

After returning, however, it was pretty chill for the most part. Thanksgiving and Christmas went by without too many problems, although I wasn't able to fly out to my meetup with one of my friends that I mentioned before, which was a bummer. I'm glad I went through Korea, it really changed my perspective on life and work, and I'm honestly glad that I lost the person I did, it's a valuable teaching moment that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. I guess I'm just upset at how messy it all was, I wish I'd kept control of the situation better.

Here's to hoping that 2020 won't be such a trainwreck.