Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you had the opportunity to go to space would you?

Oblivion

I'm kinda torn I mean it sounds fun and I realize the chances of anything going wrong is actually fairly slim but I think It'd be so cool to look out and see the earth from 600k feet or so in the sky! 

• Brohoof 3

Maybe one day, when I have dome mostly everything that I wanted to do on Earth. it is not about visiting space, it is the risks of course. Also, the training needed seem oddly extreme.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Maybe one day, when I have dome mostly everything that I wanted to do on Earth. it is not about visiting space, it is the risks of course. Also, the training needed seem oddly extreme.

Yeah and if anything about you is not 100 percent perfectly healthy you cant go. lol

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Blivy said:

Yeah and if anything about you is not 100 percent perfectly healthy you cant go. lol

Probably because it is expensive. And they don't want you the hurl on the instruments of the spacecraft. :ButtercupLaugh:

I'm not particularly extreme when it comes to thrill-seeking, I'm more of a book-and-tea person myself, so maybe if there was a really safe and convenient way, I might not mind it! Then again, the thought of being so far from everything, if even only for a short time, is a little terrifying. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

While I find space to be fascinating, I can't even get on an airplane because it's too scary. There's no way one could get on a space craft. lol

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Mellow Mane said:

Of course I'd go to space if I had to chance! Just imagine how beautiful everything would look from up there!:fluttershy:

I second this so much my friend! :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

Hell no ^_^

I don’t want to risk the ship I am in to explode mid-air or something else crazy happening whilst in space. That is a chance I am not willing to take.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to sound crazy, but I would go in a heartbeat. When I was little, I used to tell people I was going to be the first woman on Mars.!

I'll admit I was heartbroken for quite some time when I realized that my eyesight is far too poor to allow me to even get a pilot's license. I'm lucky I'm permitted to have an automotive license, although I haven't driven for nearly four years

(Bad accident, never got the nerve to get behind the wheel again)

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I don’t knowww.....I don’t wanna die. :sealed:

Safer than driving in your truck, just turn your truck into a spaceship! 

• Brohoof 3

I'd like to but not as an astronaut. I mean, it takes a lot of effort and lots of skills I don't have, I hope space tourism will become affordable in a few years or decades.
Being able to see our planet from outside and experiencing micro-gravity are things I want to do absolutely. For the last one I'm thinking of zero g flights, that's something that can actually be experienced (even for a small portion of time) without going into orbit and already possible to do.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

No, and you gotta have a certain level of health for space. And doing things like pooping and eating in space is hard. Might as well play an advanced simulation.

Edited by flurry