Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which state/city of the USA that Canterlot High seems to be in?

Sepul-Coloratura

Well here's the city itself. 

latest?cb=20170804022616

Considering that they don't live too far from a beach means that they're near a coast line. They experience seasons and decent snow fall so they'd be father up into the northern latitudes. And the city itself is surrounded by hills and mountains coated in thick forests. Add to that the fact that the creators behind Legend of Everfree based the camp on their surroundings in Vancouver, then it's pretty safe to presume that Canterlot city is located somewhere in or near the Cascades. 

250px-Cascaderangemap.jpg

And while I don't think Canterlot is a name swap of an existing city, I think the inspirations are pretty clear. Canterlot isn't a small city. Small cities don't have sky lines. Odds are they have a populace in the six figure range. And the style of buildings kinda makes it look like Seattle, Bellevue or Portland. 

seattle-and-space-needle.jpg

shutterstock_670999021.jpg

travel-guide-portland-today-180705-main_9ac3ac663421684063002b4f32f970ee.fit-760w.jpg

So yeah, Canterlot is somewhere in Oregon, Washington or Southern British Colombia between the cascades and the coast. 

• Brohoof 8

@Lunas Secret Lover Here's a fun conspiracy theory, since the animation and voice acting for the show was mostly done in Vancouver, what if Equestria Girls had all of their magical issues resolved and went on to create a TV show and movies about themselves and their pony equivalents? The voices would be perfect :laugh:

I was getting more of an East Coast vibe for whatever reason until your post but I also haven't seen all of the movies.

Edited by SharpWit

On 1/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Lunas Secret Lover said:

Well here's the city itself. 

latest?cb=20170804022616

Considering that they don't live too far from a beach means that they're near a coast line. They experience seasons and decent snow fall so they'd be father up into the northern latitudes. And the city itself is surrounded by hills and mountains coated in thick forests. Add to that the fact that the creators behind Legend of Everfree based the camp on their surroundings in Vancouver, then it's pretty safe to presume that Canterlot city is located somewhere in or near the Cascades. 

250px-Cascaderangemap.jpg

And while I don't think Canterlot is a name swap of an existing city, I think the inspirations are pretty clear. Canterlot isn't a small city. Small cities don't have sky lines. Odds are they have a populace in the six figure range. And the style of buildings kinda makes it look like Seattle, Bellevue or Portland. 

seattle-and-space-needle.jpg

shutterstock_670999021.jpg

travel-guide-portland-today-180705-main_9ac3ac663421684063002b4f32f970ee.fit-760w.jpg

So yeah, Canterlot is somewhere in Oregon, Washington or Southern British Colombia between the cascades and the coast. 

I used to think they where somewhere in California, but that makes lots of sense. Starting with the fact of DHX location, so it makes sense to model a city where it’s located, or it’s surrounding areas. I don’t think the pastel humans are in Canada, but makes sense they are close to British Columbia

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I feel like Equestria Girls is a combination of different areas in the US. I can see the beach is West Coast rather than East Coast. But the trees and forest in Legend of Everfree feels like upper NY, or even maybe Canada. Then we have the buildings which reminds me of Chicago, but I am not so good at these locations to tell the truth.

• Brohoof 1

I've often thought that the city Equestria Girls takes place in is somewhere in California though this is merely a guess on my part.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I actually like the idea of Canterlot being in New Jersey, or at least the EG universe's rough equivalent of that region. We know the city is situated somewhere on the coast, and the temperate climate shown in the series seems similar to that of the Mid-Atlantic US. Camp Everfree would then be located in their equivalent of upstate New York, near one of the big mountain ranges there.

Edited by lyrabetes3939
  • Brohoof 1

It can't be in the US. It must be on the southern hemisphere, because Fluttershy said that the birds head north for the winter. So it seems to be something like Australia or New Zealand.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, PawelS said:

It can't be in the US. It must be on the southern hemisphere, because Fluttershy said that the birds head north for the winter. So it seems to be something like Australia or New Zealand.

Problem is, they use dollars as currency :fluttershy: (confirmed in one of the pre Rainbow Rocks shorts :mlp_icwudt:)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Problem is, they use dollars as currency :fluttershy: (confirmed in one of the pre Rainbow Rocks shorts :mlp_icwudt:)

Australia and New Zealand also have dollars.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023-07-02 at 10:51 PM, Horseboy223 said:

I'm guessing indiana, Because indiana is home of the indianapolis colts.

Doubt it, they seem to be close enough to a beach for them to be in a coast. With the pine trees in Everfree Camp suggest somewhere in north California or Oregon