Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Alien Celestia and Luna feat. Star Swirl the Bearded

Silly Druid

small.png

Greetings, fellow forummers! Your favorite Draconequus is here! I, Discord, the Lord of Chaos and Disharmony, decided to grace this thread with my blessed presence. Since you already know the origins of Celestia and Luna, let me tell you a much more interesting story: about the beginnings of yours truly.

I woke up one afternoon (waking up in the morning is too mainstream), and something occurred to me: How fun it would be to actually exist. How much beautiful chaos I could cause! So I went back in time, and created myself. You wouldn't believe what a cute little baby Draconequus I was! I stayed with my younger self for some time, to raise me and teach me all my abilities, and then returned to later times. I was right, I tell you. Existence is fun!

And that's how Discord was made. It doesn't make any sense, you say? Well, you know what I think about "making sense"... Anyway, if you have any questions to me, don't hesitate to ask them!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Brainstorm said:

Starswirl,

How're you and the Pillars (including Stygian) doing?

First of all, I'm sorry for Discord's little intrusion of this thread, I hope it won't happen again.

Wanna bet?

Anyway, about the Pillars, this is quite an interesting story, do you know where we got the Crystal Seed that we used to create the Tree of Harmony?

But I digress, you asked how they're doing now. Well, due to the lockdown we don't really see each other, but from what I heard they are all doing great. Meadowbrook does some research on the virus and develops a cure for it.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, PawelS said:

First of all, I'm sorry for Discord's little intrusion of this thread, I hope it won't happen again.

Wanna bet?

Anyway, about the Pillars, this is quite an interesting story, do you know where we got the Crystal Seed that we used to create the Tree of Harmony?

But I digress, you asked how they're doing now. Well, due to the lockdown we don't really see each other, but from what I heard they are all doing great. Meadowbrook does some research on the virus and develops a cure for it.

That's good.

Discord,

Staying out of trouble? As much as you can?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

That's good.

Discord,

Staying out of trouble? As much as you can?

Me? Out of trouble? That would be a first.

Edited by PawelS

5 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Is that a yes or no?

It's a maybe.

(OOC: If you expect clear and precise answers from Discord, you will be disappointed.)

2 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

You two are aliens... What kind of aliens? Do you remember what you used to look like?

We don't, but Star Swirl remembers. There is a picture earlier in this thread showing our approximate appearance. (OOC: see the January 6 post, not in the quote.)

Star Swirl says we looked similar to each other, but I was smaller.

3 minutes ago, PawelS said:

It's a maybe.

(OOC: If you expect clear and precise answers from Discord, you will be disappointed.)

(okay)

alright.

Starswirl,

Because of the virus, your travels are on hold for a while, so, where have you been staying lately since the outreak started?

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

(found it)

You two are very pony like for aliens, nothing like I thought you were but in the end, you're both really cute in your original fourms.

Well, maybe we were cute, but the pony society back then wouldn't accept us, so I think Starswirl made a good decision.

And I presume we were cute in our young pony forms too.

708673.jpeg

art source

16 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

(okay)

alright.

Starswirl,

Because of the virus, your travels are on hold for a while, so, where have you been staying lately since the outreak started?

I'm staying in the Crystal Empire. They have lots of interesting books in the library (it was closed, but I got a special permission from Princess Cadance to go there).

(edited)
27 minutes ago, PawelS said:

I'm staying in the Crystal Empire. They have lots of interesting books in the library (it was closed, but I got a special permission from Princess Cadance to go there).

That's good. Mistmane's there too, she's the Crystal Empires Landscaper, did she show you her work?

Still writing letters to Twilight?

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

That's good. Mistmane's there too, she's the Crystal Empires Landscaper, did she show you her work?

Still writing letters to Twilight?

Oh yes, Mistmane's crystal gardens are a truly beautiful sight indeed.

I don't get many opportunities to study the magic of friendship lately, but I write to Twilight about the things I find in the books, and my thoughts about them. Together we're working on a better understanding of the fundamentals of magic.

So. Star Swirl. I have pondered this for awhile. And rather than my personal opinion yours is appreciated. Changelings and their origins? Were they supposed to be those ugh... Reformed types originally? Was constant hunger causing them to become 'decayed'? Whats your thoughts on the origins of swiss cheese bug kind? 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, PawelS said:

Well, maybe we were cute, but the pony society back then wouldn't accept us, so I think Starswirl made a good decision.

And I presume we were cute in our young pony forms too.

708673.jpeg

art source

I see and yeah, back then things weren't as accepting as now.

And you two do look cute as tiny ponies!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Handsome Changeling said:

So. Star Swirl. I have pondered this for awhile. And rather than my personal opinion yours is appreciated. Changelings and their origins? Were they supposed to be those ugh... Reformed types originally? Was constant hunger causing them to become 'decayed'? Whats your thoughts on the origins of swiss cheese bug kind? 

The origins of changelings are unknown. They resemble insects in some aspects, but there is no evidence that they are related. Personally I favor the theory of alien origins - not the same species as Celestia and Luna, but still something that came from another world...  And it must have happened very long ago, there is some information in ancient texts suggesting that Chrysalis wasn't their first queen. Some of them lived under disguise among ponies and other creatures for a long time, but due to Chrysalis' greedy nature they decided to make a frontal attack, which turned out to be a bad idea.

As for their forms, it's hard to speculate which is the "true" one in case of creatures that can constantly change. I suppose their base form reflects their emotional relation to the world. As creatures that feed on emotional energy, and not sustainable with their own emotions, they needed to get that energy from other beings. And the ancient world wasn't exactly filled with friendly and welcoming creatures, so they chose the hostile approach to it. But the problem is that stolen love is not true love, that's the reason why they couldn't ever be satiated with it, and had the holes in their bodies representing the emptiness of feeding on the love that wasn't really meant for them. This would explain why the change from stealing love to sharing it changed their appearance as well.

And they still aren't sustainable on their own, that's why they need to interact with other creatures (this time in a peaceful way), and even try to copy some of their customs and traditions.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:19 AM, PawelS said:

Oh yes, Mistmane's crystal gardens are a truly beautiful sight indeed.

I don't get many opportunities to study the magic of friendship lately, but I write to Twilight about the things I find in the books, and my thoughts about them. Together we're working on a better understanding of the fundamentals of magic.

1. Yes, Mistmane's Crystal Gardens are beautiful, do you find them peaceful and relaxing?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brainstorm said:

1. Yes, Mistmane's Crystal Gardens are beautiful, do you find them peaceful and relaxing?

Yes, I often go there to read a book, write a letter, or just contemplate the existence.

4 hours ago, PawelS said:

Yes, I often go there to read a book, write a letter, or just contemplate the existence.

That's good. Do you help Shinning Armor and Cadence with Flurry Heart?

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

That's good. Do you help Shinning Armor and Cadence with Flurry Heart?

I do not. I raised enough alicorns in my life.

11 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I mean with her magic lessons.

I gave some advice to Cadance and Shining Armor, but I didn't teach her personally.

1 hour ago, PawelS said:

I gave some advice to Cadance and Shining Armor, but I didn't teach her personally.

Has Mistmane showed you any improvements she made to the crystal gardens?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Has Mistmane showed you any improvements she made to the crystal gardens?

Yes, she improves it constantly. But I don't get into details, I just admire her work as a whole.

46 minutes ago, PawelS said:

Yes, she improves it constantly. But I don't get into details, I just admire her work as a whole.

That's good. I guess her crystal gardens help you relax during your time at the Crystal Empire, doesn't it?

• Brohoof 1