Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Alien Celestia and Luna feat. Star Swirl the Bearded

Silly Druid

23 hours ago, PawelS said:

I got the card from Twilight and Spike too, if that's what you ask about.

Yes, that's what I was asking.

Have either of you thought about making a Book of Memories like the one Starlight and Spike made for Twilight?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Yes, that's what I was asking.

Have either of you thought about making a Book of Memories like the one Starlight and Spike made for Twilight?

I believe our memories are included in Twilight's book.

They are indeed.

Actually it's a good idea to make such a book for the Pillars, I think we will do it the next time we all meet. I heard Starlight knows a book-copying spell, so we can use that to make a copy for each of the Pillars.

Edited by PawelS

2 hours ago, PawelS said:

Actually it's a good idea to make such a book for the Pillars, I think we will do it the next time we all meet. I heard Starlight knows a book-copying spell, so we can use that to make a copy for each of the Pillars.

Cool. Think it might help cheer up Rockhoof and Stygian. What'd you think?

• Brohoof 1

On 12/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, PawelS said:

Why them specifically?

Because of Rockhoof having trouble fitting in and Stygian probably having troubled from the Pony of Shadows.

I mean, having those books might cheer them up and show how important they are both to the team.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Because of Rockhoof having trouble fitting in and Stygian probably having troubled from the Pony of Shadows.

I mean, having those books might cheer them up and show how important they are both to the team.

Well, Rockhoof isn't very happy lately, because he can tell his stories only to small groups of ponies, as large crowds aren't allowed.

On the other hoof, Stygian's books are selling very well.

13 hours ago, PawelS said:

Well, Rockhoof isn't very happy lately, because he can tell his stories only to small groups of ponies, as large crowds aren't allowed.

On the other hoof, Stygian's books are selling very well.

I see. Well, Rockhoof can still help around.

Glad to hear Stygian's books are selling very well, you must be proud of him.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brainstorm said:

Celestia and Luna,

How's your planning on getting together with Twilight, Spike, and the others after the pandemic?

I'm sure we'll all meet at the next Festival of the Two Sisters. I don't know if it will be possible earlier, I know Zecora and Meadowbrook are working hard on creating a cure that can be mass produced, but it can take some time.

(I hope these questions don't seem too rude.)

Celestia, did you need to do anything artificial to extend your lifespan, so you could still be around when Luna came back from the moon? Or do you simply have natural immortality?

Luna, were you in stasis while on the moon? Or did the stars bring you food, water, etc? Which stars helped you escape? Are you still friends/allies with those stars? 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PawelS said:

I'm sure we'll all meet at the next Festival of the Two Sisters. I don't know if it will be possible earlier, I know Zecora and Meadowbrook are working hard on creating a cure that can be mass produced, but it can take some time.

I see. I know Zecora and Meadowbroke are doing everything they can, we can show them our appreciation. You agree?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, DJSuits said:

(I hope these questions don't seem too rude.)

Celestia, did you need to do anything artificial to extend your lifespan, so you could still be around when Luna came back from the moon? Or do you simply have natural immortality?

Luna, were you in stasis while on the moon? Or did the stars bring you food, water, etc? Which stars helped you escape? Are you still friends/allies with those stars? 

(OOC: Headcanon intensifies...)

These are very valid questions, and not rude at all!

We are not immortal. The lifespan of our alien species is longer than in case of normal ponies, but still not long enough to live for over a thousand years and not even look old. But we have the ability to manipulate time to some degree, that's how we can move the sun and moon... but that's a different story. Anyway, we can put ourselves into stasis, a state where we are frozen in time. During the thousand years of my rule, there were long periods when nothing important happened, so I only woke up to move the sun and moon, and spent most of the time in stasis. My advisors were actually running the kingdom, and only informed me when something extraordinary happened. Also sometimes I showed up publicly, so my subjects wouldn't think I disappeared or something.

So, my dear sister, when you used the Elements of Harmony on me, you transformed me into something like a ghost, located in the entire volume of the moon (that's why my face appeared on it). I wasn't in stasis, I experienced time but in a different way, which is kind of hard to explain. I was able to interact with the stars, and I knew I needed a specific configuration of them to go back to my Nightmare Moon form and to Equestria. I was full of anger and thirsty for revenge, so I did everything I could to move the stars into that configuration, but my power was very limited, so it took me a thousand years to do so.

Also I didn't plan all this, I just wanted to... do something to stop Nightmare Moon, and the Elements decided what to do by themselves.

We believe the Tree of Harmony and all things originating from it, like the elements and the map, represent the will of a conscious being, called Harmony. Some students of the School of Friendship say that they have seen it, and talked to it, so I'm pretty sure it exists.

I definitely didn't expect all this when we planted the tree.

3 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

I see. I know Zecora and Meadowbroke are doing everything they can, we can show them our appreciation. You agree?

Indeed, let us know if you have any specific ideas how the citizens of Equestria can express their appreciation to them, so perhaps we can organize something...

Oh. And here I thought that the stars were living things, rather than just objects. I've read another series of books, called Narnia, in which the stars were living beings. One of them even loved and married a human. 

Starswirl, do you think the elements react to the will of Harmony, or are they perhaps more attuned to the emotional state of the user? I've heard that Twilight was in a state of elated happiness when she and her friends purified Luna and removed the darkness from her. Conversely, it seems Celestia was in tears during the banishment. And I don't recall any special spell words used at either event. 

Edit: Also, for Celestia: About Prince Blueblood... He's apparently your nephew? Did you adopt a sibling at some point?

Edited by DJSuits
Additional question
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PawelS said:

Indeed, let us know if you have any specific ideas how the citizens of Equestria can express their appreciation to them, so perhaps we can organize something...

Well, I was thinking Pinkie can organize a party to thank all them for their hard work.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, DJSuits said:

Oh. And here I thought that the stars were living things, rather than just objects. I've read another series of books, called Narnia, in which the stars were living beings. One of them even loved and married a human. 

Starswirl, do you think the elements react to the will of Harmony, or are they perhaps more attuned to the emotional state of the user? I've heard that Twilight was in a state of elated happiness when she and her friends purified Luna and removed the darkness from her. Conversely, it seems Celestia was in tears during the banishment. And I don't recall any special spell words used at either event. 

Edit: Also, for Celestia: About Prince Blueblood... He's apparently your nephew? Did you adopt a sibling at some point?

The stars... well, when I was in the moon, I thought I could communicate with them in some way... But now the scientists say that they are just like our sun, only farther away from us. So maybe me "talking" to them was just an illusion, and all I did was some manipulation of the geometry of space, so the light from them would bend to make them appear in a different place... Or they just moved on their own and I had nothing to do with changing their positions... I don't know anymore. It was a strange and confusing period of my life, so I might just imagine things.

It's not like the Elements act completely on their own, the wielders and their emotions are important too, otherwise anypony could easily use them, which is not true. But Celestia didn't think "I will banish Luna to the moon for 1000 years" when using them, so this exact effect must have been determined by another conscious being. So both factors play an important role in determining what will happen when they are used, the will of Harmony, and the emotions of the user.

When Luna and I were going to become the rulers of all Equestria, there was some resistance to it, especially from the unicorns and their royalty. Finally they agreed under the condition that the descendants of the ruling unicorn dynasty will always be considered a part of the royal family. So 'nephew' is just a honorary title in this case, there are no actual family ties.

14 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Well, I was thinking Pinkie can organize a party to thank all them for their hard work.

6 hours ago, DJSuits said:

Don't forget to include Cheese Sandwich in the party planning. 😁

I'm sure it will happen after all this is over, as for now large gathering of ponies are forbidden (and Pinkie and Cheese aren't happy about it).

Edited by PawelS

On 12/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, PawelS said:

I'm sure it will happen after all this is over, as for now large gathering of ponies are forbidden (and Pinkie and Cheese aren't happy about it).

I see.

Do you and Luna get letters from Twilight and Spike saying they miss you two?

• Brohoof 1

On 12/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, PawelS said:

When Luna and I were going to become the rulers of all Equestria, there was some resistance to it, especially from the unicorns and their royalty. Finally they agreed under the condition that the descendants of the ruling unicorn dynasty will always be considered a part of the royal family. So 'nephew' is just a honorary title in this case, there are no actual family ties.

Okay. What about the pegasi and earth pony leaders? Were they not as stubborn, or did they just have different requirements?

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, DJSuits said:

Okay. What about the pegasi and earth pony leaders? Were they not as stubborn, or did they just have different requirements?

Well, the pegasi were highly militaristic at that time, so they wanted positions in the Royal Guard (which eventually led to the establishment of the Wonderbolts). As for earth ponies, their leader, Chancellor Puddinghead, was quite crazy and demanded only things like what kind of food would be eaten at the castle.

To Luna: humans have sent people to the moon before - not for any committed crime actually, but for (in some cases) science and (in the original case) international bragging rights. Would you be open to ponies setting hoof on the moon for science?

• Brohoof 2