Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Alien Celestia and Luna feat. Star Swirl the Bearded

Silly Druid

1 hour ago, Tornadopelt said:

To Luna: humans have sent people to the moon before - not for any committed crime actually, but for (in some cases) science and (in the original case) international bragging rights. Would you be open to ponies setting hoof on the moon for science?

Equestria is not yet technologically advanced enough for space exploration, but I'm all for it, be it the moon or beyond. Maybe someday we'll be able to discover our home planet...

Well, Equestria (from what I've seen) has at least the basics of rocketry downpat, including Tsiolkovsky's rocket equation. And considering the ponies can use magic to do quite a bit of stuff (temperature included), they could replace a lot of the technology humans used for their rockets with magitek.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Tornadopelt said:

Well, Equestria (from what I've seen) has at least the basics of rocketry downpat, including Tsiolkovsky's rocket equation. And considering the ponies can use magic to do quite a bit of stuff (temperature included), they could replace a lot of the technology humans used for their rockets with magitek.

I don't know much about rocket science, but I think we're getting close to sending ponies into space. And we already have an idea what an astronaut should look like, I've seen ponies dressed as them during Nightmare Night.

1 minute ago, PawelS said:

I don't know much about rocket science, but I think we're getting close to sending ponies into space. And we already have an idea what an astronaut should look like, I've seen ponies dressed as them during Nightmare Night.

The first pony in space... I can't wait to see it happen.

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Tornadopelt said:

The first pony in space... I can't wait to see it happen.

Well, Twilight has already crossed dimensions. Maybe it's not too much of a stretch to think there could be a world-to-world portal somewhere. 

Speaking of which, how many other characters do you (the princesses) know of who have crossed dimensions? We know about Sunset Shimmer, Twilight, and the Sirens all going to a specific other dimension. Starswirl and crew were in limbo. What other examples of similar travel do you all know of?

Also, is it too much of a stretch to have somepony go to the human world and ask for tech q&a?

Is it possible you (the princesses) are from another dimension instead of another world?

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, DJSuits said:

Well, Twilight has already crossed dimensions. Maybe it's not too much of a stretch to think there could be a world-to-world portal somewhere. 

Speaking of which, how many other characters do you (the princesses) know of who have crossed dimensions? We know about Sunset Shimmer, Twilight, and the Sirens all going to a specific other dimension. Starswirl and crew were in limbo. What other examples of similar travel do you all know of?

Also, is it too much of a stretch to have somepony go to the human world and ask for tech q&a?

Is it possible you (the princesses) are from another dimension instead of another world?

1. Me, Luna, the Pillars (before going to limbo), the Mane 6 as you call them and Spike were in other dimensions as well. In one of them I found my love... (see the "Reflections" comic arc, and Legends of Magic annual 2018)

2. From what I'm told, you can't copy a technology directly from the human world, because the laws of physics are slightly different there.

3. The princesses were found in an object that clearly fell from the sky. But I can't guarantee they didn't travel between dimensions before that.

Edited by PawelS

18 hours ago, PawelS said:

...(see the "Reflections" comic arc, and Legends of Magic annual 2018)

(ooc) I haven't read any of the comics yet. (I haven't had the inclination to buy them, or knowledge of where they're available.)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brainstorm said:

Celestia,

Have you told Starswirl how you and Twilight raised Spike in Equestria?

I did, and he was impressed, as there were no dragons that would be friends with ponies in his times.

2 hours ago, PawelS said:

I did, and he was impressed, as there were no dragons that would be friends with ponies in his times.

I see.

Can he tell you, Luna, and Twilight have a close connection with Spike?

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Awwww, cute.

Did you think it was cute?

'Cute' is such a strange word, it's not easy to explain its meaning. But you're right, it's definitely cute.

45 minutes ago, TransitPony said:

Star Swirl, how well are you adjusting to modern life (television, radio, the internet, etc) ? 

These things exist in the human world behind the portal, but we don't have any of that in Equestria. (OOC: Pony Life is not considered canon for the purposes of this thread.) There are still some things I need to adjust to though, like trains, airships, cinema and buckball. I think I'm doing quite well, as I always liked to pursue new knowledge.

3 hours ago, PawelS said:

'Cute' is such a strange word, it's not easy to explain its meaning. But you're right, it's definitely cute.

Cool. 

I know your journey's are on hold cause of the pandemic, but, did Twilight show you she saved all the postcards you send her?

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Cool. 

I know your journey's are on hold cause of the pandemic, but, did Twilight show you she saved all the postcards you send her?

Yes, she used to have all of them in her office at the school, but now they are on a wall in her room in Canterlot.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, PawelS said:

Yes, she used to have all of them in her office at the school, but now they are on a wall in her room in Canterlot.

Guess you can tell Twilight's one of your biggest fans, you agree?

Are any of your current ones, before the pandemic, are up on Twilight's room wall?

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Guess you can tell Twilight's one of your biggest fans, you agree?

Are any of your current ones, before the pandemic, are up on Twilight's room wall?

1. Yes, I heard she was already a fan before I returned.

2. (OOC: Sorry, but I don't understand the question.)

1 hour ago, PawelS said:

1. Yes, I heard she was already a fan before I returned.

2. (OOC: Sorry, but I don't understand the question.)

1. I see.

2. (Have any of Starswirls postcards he currently sent before the pandemic?)

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1