Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming which is the most insulting move in mariokart?

XxdarkrushxX

ok, to blue shell someone before the finish line, somehow make a perfect ricochet shot off a wall with a green shell into someone, to nail them with a green or red shell point blank, or red shell someone, which is worse????

From my experience, People get the most mad if you shoot them with a Blue Shell, Right before the finish line. That was the only time someone actually screamed at me during the game. 

Outside of the blue shell on the line I'd say getting the perfect ricochet off the wall with the green shell is the most insulting as it's less likely to be successful than someone firing a red shell at you. Mario Kart is generally frustrating though as I've never felt it has gotten the skill/luck balance right in the games although some of them are better than others when it comes to this.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Mario Kart is generally frustrating though as I've never felt it has gotten the skill/luck balance right in the games although some of them are better than others when it comes to this.

This is true. When you have a good start and get to the first place quick, it is veeery unlikely to lose if you know what you are doing and drive without mistakes. (The right combination of driver and part is important too of course.) Especially in Mario Kart 8. And the Deluxe version made this even easier, thanks to the second item slot. You use the items just as protection. But it gets super crazy in a spot belower than that, because most drivers are there and you always get hit by something.

• Brohoof 1

Normally, I would have to go with the blue shell. However, I would also have to say: 

- Being hit by multiple red shells by other players. Especially if it's the triple red shell. I've seen videos of someone getting hit by multiple shells, before going from first or second to last.

- Being hit by a random stray and/or lucky throw of a bob-omb. Along with being hit by the boomerang item.

- Would getting hit by your own item count, as well? I saw a video where someone had the fireball item. As they threw it, some of the fireballs flew right back and they got hit by their own item. 

2 hours ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Outside of the blue shell on the line I'd say getting the perfect ricochet off the wall with the green shell is the most insulting as it's less likely to be successful than someone firing a red shell at you. Mario Kart is generally frustrating though as I've never felt it has gotten the skill/luck balance right in the games although some of them are better than others when it comes to this.

I honestly forgot about the ricochet of the green shell. It's even worse when you see the shell hit the walls of the map and you think you're safe. Right before it flies out of nowhere and scores a direct hit on you. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

The ol' lead the whole race by a whole bunch and get right in front of the finish line and get nailed by a blue shell, red shells, lightning, green shell, etc. all at once and somehow end up in 7th place or worse.

There is absolutely no exaggeration there, that exact scenario happened to me in Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart 8 is still very brutal, but I noticed that it at least seems to give you more invincibility frames than Mario Kart Wii did IIRC. That way when you get nailed by a bunch of items all at once, not all of them effect you.

The most annoying items in my opinion...

• POW block
  • Orange tortoise shell
  • Thunder cloud
  • Lightning 
  • Blue tortoise shell

Getting hit by multiple blue or red shells in a short period of time.

I can't remember if some of the newer Mario Kart games have this game mechanic, but at least in Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii, if a blue shell is launched but the leader of the race has already crossed the finish line and won, the shell hits the kart behind them. If the person in second place has also finished, then the blue shell hits the player in 3rd, and so on. It always ticks me off when I'm trying to salvage a bad race and I think I can pull off a decent finish but I still get hit because I'm next in line to finish. 

I like the "try" to keep an invincible star or bullet bill, while I am in the back of the pack, and use my driving skill to get back up, just behind my opponent, then blast them. That is insulting! And evil! I love it! :sneer: