Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Twilight

Steve Piranha

Queen Twilight   

16 users have voted

1. 1. Will you call her Queen?

• Yes
    • No

I was playing the Gameloft pony game, and to my surprise, time-displaced grownup Sweetie called Twilight as “Queen Twilight”. I personally like the idea of Twilight being queen instead of princess. First, to tell her apart of her cuter and smaller alicorn form was known as princess. Second, to say nope to the demonization of queens in children shows, and also aligning to one of Faust’s rejected ideas

ALL HAIL QUEEN TWILIGHT :yay:

edit: I forgot to screencap the speech, but thankfully there’s the Queen horse Twi

medium.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Latecomer said:

Does that rule still apply in this post-Frozen world?

Frozen is an exception to the rule, partially for the sake of it, and it also confirms that the rule has been existed.

Of course I said it because it doesn't make sense if you stop and try to think why, maybe it's just a deep human subconscious preference of archetypes. We know how fairy tales work.

13 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Frozen is an exception to the rule, partially for the sake of it, and it also confirms that the rule has been existed.

Of course I said it because it doesn't make sense if you stop and try to think why, maybe it's just a deep human subconscious preference of archetypes. We know how fairy tales work.

And yet if they had crowned Twilight Queen, I doubt anyone would have minded. 

1 minute ago, Latecomer said:

And yet if they had crowned Twilight Queen, I doubt anyone would have minded. 

Yeah. But they could question why Celestia and Luna were princesses while Twilight is a Queen.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

A new age - and one ruler rather than two.

Deciding who should be called as a princess and a queen in a show might not work like that. Cadance and Shining armor are not called kings and queens, but as a princess and a prince (I can't recall when Shining Armor was referred to a prince btw). Technically it wouldn't work like that because they are rulers of an empire, but it is just a better sounding name than Queen Cadance and King Shining Armor, or King Sombra instead of Prince Sombra. (maybe they are like brother and sister figures than mother/father figures in the show, and King Sombra is a tyrant, not a rival.) Queen Novo sounds better than Princess Novo, and partially because of her role as a mother of Princess Skystar.

Simply put, they work more like names than accurate positions.

• Brohoof 1