Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Singer in MLP FIM?

Splashee

Your opinion, who is the worst singer in My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic?

Is there any character that sings off key, or just bad in general? Is there somepony or creature that made you aware of bad singing in the first place?

While I have my own opinion, I choose to put it in a spoiler tag. I recommend replying with your own opinion before looking at mine, or others.

Spoiler

R7.png&key=483690444e71fca2e2ca23879a0f4

TA-DA!

Season 6 Episode 19. Gabby sings (oh my!):

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Booker said:

Spike. I've always thought his singing sounded awful.

Also Granny Smith, but I feel like that's on purpose.

That is a really good point. Granny Smith, even if it is on purpose, has a horrible singing voice! :P

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Megas said:

Discord can’t sing to save his life. Glass of Water proved that 

I forgot he tried to sing...... Well, talk his way though a musical number more or less. Good point!

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie's singing is generally pretty good... until she's auto-tuned. For f***'s sake it sounds so bad then. 

Probably the only real blemish on a great episode was when they decided to auto-tune her voice... The more I listen to it, the worse it seems to get. :dry:

But if we aren't counting characters when they are specifically auto-tuned, that goes to Spike hands down. His singing voice is actually kind of bad IMHO. It doesn't sound nearly as bad as auto-tuned Pinkie, but... Ugh. 

Edited by Dustlicious2020
  • Brohoof 2

Granny Smith isn't what I would describe as a great singer. She was probably decent in her prime, but that skill has been lost due to her age. Yes, it seems to have been done purposefully, but the point still stands.

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, Dusknoir said:

Pinkie's singing is generally pretty good... until she's auto-tuned. For f***'s sake it sounds so bad then. 

I agree. It was only that exact episode that she was standing on a balcony belting out 'Pinkie's Lament' without a shred of autotune! :blink: What about 'The Smile Song?' I couldn't hear any autotune in that one. :okiedokieloki: To be fair, Twilight had something similar happen too. :wacko: In 'The Ballad of the Crystal Ponies', she sounded extremely autotuned and by the end of the season, she was singing 'Find A Way' without it! And 'Winter Wrap-Up,' and 'We Got This Together,' to name a few. :P

But when they're not autotuned, my favourite ponies sound beautiful!

• 3 years later...