Bas

LGBTQ Would you be LGBTQ (assuming you are) without MLP(F)?

Would you be LGBTQ (assuming you are) without MLP(F)?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be LGBTQ (assuming you are) without MLP(F)?

• Definitively
    • Likely
    • Neutral or not sure
    • Unlikely
    • Definitively no.
    • I am not LGBTQ in any form.

It might be weird to ask this.

I wouldn't I think, or not yet, especially if I also discard accidentally discovering a polyarmory FB group without having been into that stuff at that time or considering a possibility.

Turns out when you are met with kindness and acceptance, you don't have to hide anything, including from yourself when you don't get condemned for. And a show about acceptance resulting in accepting of one's self, who would have guessed that.

(edited)

I knew I was LGBT years before I came here (I've known I had an interest in other male people since I was 11, around 2008) and I really don't think it changed all that much if I'm being honest. And although I knew I wasn't cis after I got on here, I think it made little or no difference there either.

I mean yeah I didn't realize I wasn't pansexual until just this year, but if anything MLP lengthened my coming to that conclusion rather than the other way around

Edited by Aangel Dust
Adding something I forgot to mention.

I kissed a girl and I liked it well before FIM. 

I had thoughts of being something other than straight before I even became aware of MLPF. Didn't really come to the realization and admit to myself that I was pansexual until last year though. It's not like I'm out to a lot of people, but still. I guess it's nice being somewhere like MLPF that has a fair amount of anonymity. 

MLP had no influence on my sexuality, so yes.

Badges

(edited)

I knew I wasn't straight long before MLPF/MLP:FiM came out. So they had nothing to do with what my sexuality is.

Edited by Magic Note
Clarification

Badges

I didn’t completely realize I was bisexual until just last Summer. I probably wouldn’t have came out either if it wasn’t for MLP or LGBT being the norm nowadays. 

I came out to and had my first girlfriend a few years before getting into FiM and joining here, so no. I also know I had feelings going all of the way back to late elementary school over a decade before I joined here.

I knew I wasn’t straight for a very long time. Way before I got into mlp.

Badges

I knew I was queer quite a while before I got into the show, and I was into furry stuff years prior as well, so I can't say the show itself catalysed any of that development. It definitely had a massive impact on my life in other ways though! ;)

Badges

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

No, I’m not attracted to pony characters

That wasn't the question. :P

Eh, I wonder if one could divide it into urge and acceptance. I guess most LGBTQ have the urge, and not meant judgemental or condemning, for their sexuality, and not expressing it causes them pressure and depression/harm.

Others, like me, didn't have that, but experiencing an acceptance overall allows to accept other orientations for one self as well, even if it wouldn't be really pressuring otherwise.

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

MLP has not had any affect on my sexual orientation.

Wait, I thought you are strange straight?:blink:

Just now, Bas said:

I am strange straight, yes! ;)

Well, I guess so. I had already interest into other men when I was younger, but I always said to me that it is nothing or just a phase. Or short, I never accepted it for myself. But in the MLP fandom, I met a lot of homo- and bisexual people and so, it was for me easier to accept my own bisexuality. Would it be happened when I was not part of the fandom? I think so, but not so easy and more slower I guess.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

That wasn't the question. :P

Eh, I wonder if one could divide it into urge and acceptance. I guess most LGBTQ have the urge, and not meant judgemental or condemning, for their sexuality, and not expressing it causes them pressure and depression/harm.

Others, like me, didn't have that, but experiencing an acceptance overall allows to accept other orientations for one self as well, even if it wouldn't be really pressuring otherwise.

Oooh. Sorry, should’ve been more clear. I meant to say I’m not apart of it anyways and MLP hasn’t urged me to be a part of the LGBT community

Just now, Splashee said:

I am strange straight, yes! ;)

Wiat what who confused who :mlp_wat:

I am not sure what this website has to do with someone being LGBT. Homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism are things people are born with. I’m confident that someone would be a homosexual without ever using this website or watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Eh, for me it was getting acceptance from others and thus being able to accept myself. If someone is afraid of being something, including by getting judged from other persons, that person might rejects it at all costs and shrugs it off.

At least my explanation...

This place and the show had nothing to do with me figuring it out. The only way I could see them being related is by me watching the show and being here somehow leading me into other stuff that eventually made me go "haha wait maybe there was a reason for those feelings and I can't deny it anymore".

I've known I was bi years before MLPFIM came out; the community definitely helped me come out of the closet and be more accepting of myself though. I'm grateful for that.

Badges