Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

news Wildfire in Austrilia

TBD

This news has been on since yesterday and I just heard about it just today. So what happens is there has been a massive wildfire in Australia. Here's the information

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/us/australian-fires-by-the-numbers-trnd/index.html

More in depth  https://www.npr.org/2020/01/06/793931658/australia-wildfires-have-claimed-25-lives-and-will-burn-for-months-officials-say

It's really a heartbreaking news to hear about this tragedy and from what I understand is that most people say it's global warming has gotten worse and that what cause the wildfire. I don't want any debate about if this cause by it or not. I just want to share this just so if no one is aware of this yet and yes this is a very tragic news to hear. Since so many animals and land has been parish and people are dying as well while the fire people are risking their lives to take the fire out. Some things are meant to be uncontrolled and that is the hard part about it. If anyone got updates do post.

• Brohoof 1

this entire issue is a fuck. my country is burning, over 20 people have died and the smoke is being wafted all the way over to new zealand. in terms of politics, theres a theory that the greens caused it, which makes no sense. our prime minister has only NOW poured money into a recovery fund, after several months and 20 deaths. heres a video that i feel sums up and explains the situation perfectly

• Brohoof 1

I'm far from the bushfires, so I'm not overly worried about what'll happen around my area (though i did wake up to haze this morning). But I dunno, at the same time I don't feel so sad about this? Bushfires happen yearly here. Of course this one's worse than usual, but best you can do at this time is plan ahead before a fire comes. And I'm so sick of the media beat up. I understand I do sound insensitive, but crying really doesn't help at a time like this either.

Still, it's really unfortunate that the government took this long to make any action, and see so many animals perish in the blazes.

• Brohoof 1

Being from the country with most fires in Europe yearly, I'm surprised this huge fire that has killed thousands of animals has killed only 20 people. Of course, any amount of dead people or animals is sad to hear, but we've had smaller fires that killed over 60 (including one in 2016 where 30 people died trapped inside their cars). What I mean to say is: I'm glad not that many have died during this tragedy.

I don't know much about the situation, although I've heard of it way before thanks to @Odyssey. I hope as many countries as possible are helping with rescue teams and fire fighting equipment and teams to stop this fire as soon as possible. It's sad and tragic, I'm only hoping for the best and fastest resolution possible at the moment for our Ozzy friends.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's pretty bad here in Australia :sunny: I've been watching the news and it says we'll be getting some rain this week. Seriously, we could use some rain. I live in New South Wales and the smoke haze has been REALLY bad over the last couple of weeks... 

It's REALLY hot here in Australia. The country is as dry as a bone, we have a water shortage (...and the power went out a couple of times in my area), The skies look apocalyptic, there's so much fuel to burn and we've got TWO tropical cyclones: one in the Northern Territory and one in Western Australia, and these could potentially start a bush fire.

Yeah, it's not good. My heart goes out to those who've lost their homes. I wish there was something I could do :( 

Edited by SolarFlare13

Yeah, it's terrible. I've seen plenty of bad hazes nearby, but nothing compares to some of the fires that have spread around. It's truly a tragedy for those who have lost their homes and wildlife as well.

• Brohoof 1