Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Super Bowl commercial.

CastletonSnob

Promote it to who? Why would football fans, one of the most masculine of fan bases, be interested in a kids cartoon with feminist themes? And why would any of the shows potential key demographic be watching the super bowl? Most 3-11 year olds don't watch football. And those that do probably won't buy pastel horse toys. 

It would probably do more harm then good, with football fans being upset about something so girly and childish being advertised during their game. MLP fans would face some backlash from football fans and the mainstream press for allegedly forcing their interests onto the mainstream. The NFL would face some criticism for green lighting the ad. And Hasbro would back pedal and put MLP under wraps until the controversy has passed. 

Football is extremely mainstream, masculine and with an older fanbase. MLP is niche, counter culture, feminist and has relatively young fans. These two just won't mix well. 

• Brohoof 3

Bulk Biceps would come on the screen and yell, "Yeah!", over a montage of buckball games from the show that would end with Princess Celestia's cry from 2, 4, 6, Greaaat. 

That is literally just off the top of my head. :maud: While MLP does surprisingly have more sports scenes than one would think, targeting MLP to the kind of audience that watches the Super Bowl is a completely different story. 

4 hours ago, Lunas Secret Lover said:

Why would football fans, one of the most masculine of fan bases, be interested in a kids cartoon with feminist themes?

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh for some reason! I want all the football fans to become bronies!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...