Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any Star Wars fans?

DivineMist1000

Is that your first time watching the trilogy?

I've been a big fan up until Disney took over and decanonized all the books and comics and started making their terrible movies. Honestly, their movies even destroy everything the other movies did.

After the prequels I recommend reading the books The Thrawn Trilogy and the comic Dark Empire.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

Is that your first time watching the trilogy?

I've been a big fan up until Disney took over and decanonized all the books and comics and started making their terrible movies. Honestly, their movies even destroy everything the other movies did.

After the prequels I recommend reading the books The Thrawn Trilogy and the comic Dark Empire.

Yes, this is in fact the first time I've watched these movies!

• Brohoof 1

I remember when my middle school literature teacher had us watch two of the Star Wars movies, Revenge of the Sith and The empire Strikes Back and had us write essay on it. We would have a philosophical lecture about it too and that’s how I got into Star Wars and started watching the rest plus the series. I even read some books and comics.

but to be fair, I don’t technically see it as a canon as some do. Some parts yes if you want to makes sense with the series and the movies but like mlp IDW comic, that’s basically what is it, expending your SW understanding. I would tell people that yes SW is big in extending their universes due to many books and comics being written  or rewritten and yes it’s hard to keep track of it all. Which I think that’s one of the reason it pushes people away from it. Thinking they might never catch up to what’s is going on. 

My advise for all new fans, watching the prequels, the trilogy, rouge one, Han solo,  the clone wars and the rebels series and the mandalorian series would be enough to understand the story overall. I mean it doesn't have to be in order but it's fun to grab bits of bits. Han solo and the Mandalorian made references from the series regrading Darth Maul and the Dark Saber. Rouge one is beginning of The New hope. The game, comic and books are just if you want to enjoy Star Wars more like me. 

Adding notes: If you want to some book suggestions, you could start with "The new Jedi order" basically the same as the Trilogy except they made some major changes but still you get the idea. I personally like the Trilogy as much as the book, the only problem is it's rushed. So read  age of resistance comic if you want to see more characters aspects from the trilogy. Believe me, you will appreciated the trilogy a bit more once you understand these characters and where it started. 

As for the comics, hell read whatever your heart contents. If you like a specific character, they got a comic for almost every major characters on their side points. That's a great thing about comics.  I personally like Knight of the old Republic.

I love Star Wars to bits!

I love the original 6 movies and a lot of the games, mostly the N64 era. I haven't seen any of the Disney films and don't care to go out of my way. Favorite movies are Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes Back, favorite game is KOTOR. I also like a few choice fanfictions and AUs, like Into the Storm 

• Brohoof 2

Hi, star wars fan here.

If you've just started watching it I'd definitely suggest you watch the original trilogy before deciding if you wish to invest countless hours into learning as much about the canon and extended universe as possible. It is a great franchise in my opinion, even if Disney has more or less run it into hell with episodes VIII, IX and solo, but like with everything there will be parts you like and parts you don't. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm a fan. I love the films - my favourites being Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. Also, the Clone Wars is a fantastic show and really adds a lot more depth to the series. I haven't seen The Mandalorian yet, but I do plan on watching it soon.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, DivinePony1000 said:

Yes, this is in fact the first time I've watched these movies!

Well I'm glad you're watching them in the correct order.

11 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

@Fluttershutter

IKR?

Rebels, Rogue One, and The Mandalorian are the only Disney Star Wars that I've ended up liking.

I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet but I've heard it was good and could fit into the old canon. So could rebels, I guess.

I'm guessing from now on they're going to do things like that, isolated stories that aren't part of an overarching story that could just be put in anywhere since they've demonstrated that they're shit at planning.

Rogue One was a pretty good movie but I'm committed to the old EU canon. My mind is segmented enough and I don't want a new reality.

• Brohoof 1

Definetly a fan, but I haven't watched the mandalorian

and the last trilogy was too boring to be honest

The most I love of Star wars, Dooku, his power and fighting style

While most are BSing about Trilogy, which I don't blame most but I think the real problem with the Trilogy for me is that's rushed. The trilogy make the rebel wins almost too easy, without giving the first order any upperhand. moments at all. There wasn't much conflicts why? because Disney made the trilogy project to be rushed as JJ said. He could have wish to make it better but Disney got it on the deadline, thus ruining the whole imaging of the continued story after the Empire falls. I personally believe the trilogy with their new characters and the plot overall have potential, it was just a shame that it was rushed and overshadowed by old characters and people who only "loyal" to  prequels and only like to stick with that.

To be fair for the Trilogy, the prequels have gotten so much time and opportunity to explored and expend their stories. You got the comics, the books, the games, and even the TV series to covers the "empire" era, before and during. Heck we're going to get a Obi wan solo movie plus a Rouge One prequel series. While the Trilogy, it only gotten well, three movies (plus some mini series comic but still not enough). People are so fond with the prequels and that was also the reason why it distracted some people not be able to let the new story in and new characters in to further developed without rushing it. I personally wish the SW could've you know? move forwarded more or better yet give us more insight in more of the "first order" era. Like some background or the same treatment as the prequels are receiving. I personally think the trilogy should not be a trilogy but maybe split into 5 movies.

So yeah, that's my intake on this, don't feel discourage when a lot said the Trilogy sucked. Yes it's not as great as the prequels but I do found it refreshing and new away from the prequel and more forwarding. I just hate for it to get rushed like that. The Trilogy does indeed have its own liking to it and yes promising, it just needed to be explored more and not rush so that they don't have to make the good guy wins an easy battles all the time That way this gives the First Order a more fairer treatment just  as the empire had and time to build up a better conflicts.

Why did the Mandalorian have a good rating? Because, it was taken place after the "Empire" falls and somewhere before or during the Trilogy.  It moved away from all the prequals direction or what you called it, a "SW nostalgia." People wants something new, and that's what the Mandalorian did. The Trilogy wanted to do the same thing but failed or rather overlooked due to the reasons I've already said.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of Star Wars. I don't got anything against it, I just never been able to get into it. Like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones yada yada yada

I’m a Star Wars fan and have been my whole life. I live it, breathe it and would die without it. I can’t really put into words how much something like Star Wars means to me and I doubt anyone would want to hear me attempt it. I tend to get just a tad passionate about it, and no one really wants to listen to a fanatic raving about the food of their soul for hours and hours and hours on end, so I’ll spare you. 

• Brohoof 4

I love Star Wars; in fact, started a thread for people to rank their fav SW movies https://mlpforums.com/topic/189414-rank-your-favorite-star-wars-films/?tab=comments#comment-5749011

I love all the films, minus Rise of Skywalker, Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones. I like them, but don't love them. And I don't like Solo or the Clone Wars movie.

I am loving The Mandalorian so far. One bad episode, the one with Bill Burr I found boring. But yea def. want more! 

The Clone Wars was a good show, but def. had it's low moments which made it take years for me to finish when I started watching it again. About 2 and half years. 

Currently watching Rebels and I would say I like it about as much as The Clone Wars. Gotta watch that other Star Wars show on their eventually as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's called Star Wars, but personally, I liked the more peaceful moments. Which is why I love the prequel trilogy for showing a Galaxy and its many worlds relatively in peace before it all goes to heck from during turned into the Galactic Empire in the original trilogy.