Banner by ~ The Wife of Tengen

Searching [OOC] Ambition for Ascension

@ExplosionMare,

Hmmm... I thought that you would make a reaction post seeing as I was last, but I can see if you didn't have much to comment on. If you let me know in the future then I can get my posts out faster. That being said, I think I'll just have a maximum wait time of two days (unless the people I'm waiting on let me know they can't post for a while).

@ExplosionMare,

Also thanks for pointing out the title. I thought I was missing something.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twilight Sparkle has just been coronated. She has ascended to alicornhood. Flight, magic, fortitude, power, prestige, they are all the fruits of her labor. Labor is something you have though, so what

@Loud Opinion @ExplosionMare @abrony-mouse Another drawing of Magnolia I had requested! I quite like this one!

@Monotonality @Loud Opinion I can still change the color of the magic  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

@ExplosionMare,

Hmmm... I thought that you would make a reaction post seeing as I was last, but I can see if you didn't have much to comment on. If you let me know in the future then I can get my posts out faster. That being said, I think I'll just have a maximum wait time of two days (unless the people I'm waiting on let me know they can't post for a while).

@ExplosionMare,

Also thanks for pointing out the title. I thought I was missing something.

Thanks for changing the title!

(BTW I just posted. I might have a few delays every now and then cause this RP likes to get buried in my notifications)

• 4 weeks later...

Will be gone for a week. So I won't be able to update until after that just as a heads up.

Here's hoping the people I'm waiting on get to post when I get back.

Also @ExplosionMare, it appears to be your turn again.

Also Also, @Derpy Pon-3, are you planing on sleeping through the first big event?

• Brohoof 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion

I’ll try and post tomorrow. I’ll have to think of something for Starlight to say. I did post in A New Kingdom, though. I was kinda tired when I wrote it but hopefully it’s enough for you to go off of.

• Smile 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm back from the worst week of the year and my subsequent recovery from that worst week. I still feel like I've got swiss cheese for a body but I'm excited to getting back to what I want to do.

@ReverieRiver

You want me to give you a chance to respond to ExplosionMare or would you rather I get the main story moving again.

• Hug 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion

Sorry for the holdup! Been caught up in real life things, finding a job specifcally.... blegh :dry:

I'm gonna go ahead and put out a reply real quick, and then we can advance the story!

• Brohoof 1
Badges

• 4 months later...

Well, I didn't want to knock a player out this soon, but the show must go on. I hope I can get a few more players on board though. So, my posts are going to lag a bit to see if we can get more players.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

Took a break for the holidays, but I'm back and I'm experimenting with the format again.

Let me know how you feel about me upping my font size.

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion

This seems interesting. What do I have to do to join? I have a character who is very interested in being an Alicorn. Her name is Magnolia.

She is extremely power hungry and wants to amass as much power and wealth to herself and doesn't particularly care on how she does it. She has an amulet that turns ponies to stone should they look at her the wrong way and she wants to rule the entire planet and establish her own sense of 'justice' so that nobody should be threatened by another evil again, however at the cost of slavery and servitude. Her amulet is called the Gorgon's eye.

The Gorgon's eye is an ancient amulet coming from Equipolis (Greece in Equestrian), and pre-dated the foundation of the Three Tribes War, much before the foundation of Equestria. Magnolia probably came in contact with that after reading of the legend of a City of Living Statues when she was young, growing up with both the idea of becoming a princess herself and possessing such a weapon. The amulet have a bright green gem that reminds of a serpent's eye, imbued in magic and clearly saw many necks. When activated, the user gain the Gorgon's Sight, able to paralyze anyone they look.

Magnolia's way of fighting will involve lots of geo-manipulation (rocks, stones, etc), elemental magic (Fire, Air, Wind, Water), and Dark and more cryptic magic and spells.

A friend of mine is drawing her. 

20201225_152815.jpg?width=328&height=675 

Here is a poor edit of something of what she looks like.

unknown.png

Magnolia using dark magic.

1609034131196.png 

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

@Califorum,

A great application with some good presentation and I am a big fan of the concept. I would recommend you pay a little more attention to grammar and spelling (I use Grammarly to do all the hard work for me.) within the RP.

The character itself seems a bit strong relative to the rest other characters. Its nothing we can't fix with some workshopping. I'll DM you so we can hash out the details.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion

Here is the updated Magnolia 'bio' as to what we have discussed.

She is extremely power hungry and wants to amass as much power and wealth to herself and doesn't particularly care on how she does it. Unlike other ponies with high and lofty egos she mostly hides her behind a veil of darkness. She has an amulet that is able to blind ponies for long periods of time, should she focus long enough. Magnolia wants to rule the entire planet and establish her own sense of 'justice' so that nobody should be threatened by another evil again at the cost of slavery and servitude. Her amulet is called the Gorgon's eye.

Magnolia came in contact with the Amulet after reading of the legend of a City of Living Statues when she was young, growing up with both the idea of becoming a princess herself and possessing such a weapon after being treated like dirt and abandoned by those she loved. The amulet have a bright green gem that reminds of a serpent's eye, imbued in magic and clearly saw many necks. When activated Magnolia will be able to power it up and focus on someone, able to blind them for periods of time although longer periods require a long period of focus to do so.

Magnolia's way of magic is mostly related to Dark and Shadow Magic, blending in with the darkness, becoming someone's shadow and the like. She is capable of creating swords and other such weapons from the darkness, although being magical constructs they can't damage physical constructs. 

When using her magic, her eyes turn into a corrupted look sort of like Sombra's although it is different.

Her cutie mark is pictured here. The black stars represent darkness, while the purple ones represent hopes and dreams, that of which is very dark, all centered around the black star that represents how she wants to rule the land.

unknown.png

1609034131196.png&key=a4c2be0cc634754455b9fb3642d58d730dffc575209e5be5e656db4c982c8eff

• Brohoof 2

Alright @ExplosionMare, @ReverieRiver, and @Derpy Pon-3. How do we feel about Magnolia here?

I'm on board, but I'll run it by everyone else seance this is untimely a collaborative effort.

@Califorum

Most of the people here haven't been active for some time so I'm only waiting for @ExplosionMare. If anyone else wants to chime in and start being active again I'll hear them out, but I won't wait for them.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion,

Hm, the more the merrier, I say!

Also I do apologize for dropping off the face of the earth 'round here. Sometimes I just get absorbed in real life matters such as work or other interests, but I'm here again, hopefully to stay :P

So do I uh... just make Silver wake up whenever I feel like hopping back in?

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
Badges

@Loud Opinion

I’ll go ahead and post once I find the notification. Also, as for your font, it’s a bit hard to look at. I think it would look a bit better if it was brought down a couple of sizes.

Edit: Now that I’ve seen it in the RP the font is okay.

@Califorum

Your OC sounds good! Looking forward to it!

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 2