Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] Ambition for Ascension

Loud Opinion

@Loud Opinion

Not sure if I told you this already but I have re-worked a new backstory for Magnolia. Basically goes something like this. I wonder if this would be okay with you, if backstories will effect how the future goes.

Spoiler

Magnolia was born as the first born child of Twilight Velvet and Night Light. She was born in Sire's Hollow. Her original name was Moonlight Sparkle.

She was not actually the foal of both of them, but rather that of Twilight Velvet and some other stallion before they met. Magnolia's conception was a literal accident. Night Light hated this, he never wanted to raise a foal, especially not so early in his life. From the start Magnolia was seen as an annoyance, and while they raised her, they did so reluctantly. She never made a friend and was always an outcast. Her parents in that time, always argued. Magnolia's well being was ignored. She was bullied by other fillies at her school.

Eventually, Night Light and Twilight Velvet would bear Shining Armour. Magnolia hated this, she wanted the attention, she wanted to be understood but she would not receive any of that. All of their love would go to Shining Armour. Eventually there was a house fire. Magnolia was around 15-16 years old. She saved Shining Armour's life from the fire, but her parents blamed her for it. For this, she flipped out on them and fled into a nearby cave.

She cried her eyes out practically, and only after leaving it she would realize she had gotten her cutie mark. Eventually, she would travel Equestria alone. Learning what she could. One day, she was in a field of Magnolia flowers. She sniffed them, it made her happy. And for that, she named herself Magnolia and would not use the name Moonlight anymore, brought back bad memories. In her time, she would study shadow magic and frowned upon spells from forbidden shelves.

Upon reading of Daring Do, Magnolia was able to uncover and artefact that Daring Do had saught after. This was her amulet.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

I remember how much I love tinkering with characters.:laugh:

If you want to make a new backstory for Starlight, feel free to do so. I know a lot of people weren't happy the original so this is your chance to rectify that.

I can jive with whatever, but you should be aware that eventually whatever backstory you go with will be important to the story. Better to get your changes in early if you make them.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Lets hash it out through DM's.

As far as where to put the finalized version... The other players know Starlight's original backstory so posting it in the OOC will help everyone get the original one out of their minds. I'm the only person in the RP that needs to know before it gets revealed (I'll already know once we're done in the DMs). I'll leave it up to you to decide if you value an in-story reveal more or less.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Loud Opinion

Had my good friend (Windy Breeze) draw me a picture of Magnolia draining Octavia's magic. You may notice her magic is pink here, in this RP I originally thought of it as a light blue but we can handwave that away and just say it was a pink color the entire time.

Nothing to do with the RP, this is just something I wanted to show you guys. Windy Breeze did a great job! :squee:

Untitled796.jpg 

Edited by Monotonality

Moments ago, Loud Opinion said:

OUTPUT: Jovial

APPRECIATION: Administered.

Gotta admit, all this art is making me want some for my own OCs.

Go to the Requestria topic, see Prophets request shop? Post there who you want drawn. 

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

I feel like I know what it could mean, I don't have the words to describe that. As for Magnolia's cutie mark, I don't know what it means. Likely something to do with Twilight's family, as her cutie mark is similar to Twilight's, sort of. :wacko:

• Brohoof 2