Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why would people want to be feared

heavens-champion

12 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Eh, in my opinion, people who want to be feared will eventually be afraid, anyway.

Two words: Angry mob.

true. But many things seem like a good idea at the time.

I don’t know about you guys beside the obvious answers but 

6C0BEF29-F80F-4124-B66C-05C8C1DB98E7.gif.ab03e21fad7151d0a4569b1490000fc7.gif

then you would understand.:nom:

People sees this as a negative thing, but there's also a positive side to it.  From what I learned though experiences, sometime it best to give asshole what they asks for.  I'm not talking about revenge, I'm talking about "not taking bull" from anyone. Give them 'fear' and maybe then they'll learn some little respect. 

While fear can often be seen as a bad thing, I feel that in certain ways it can be used for better purposes. It can be used as a way of letting people know that they shouldn't mess with you, especially if they've done so before.

Some people want to be feared to be left along, some use fear as a means to maintain power over others and some like being feared because it makes them feel important and plays to their ego. Using fear and intimidation to get your own way isn't good and won't work out in the end though as eventually people start to lose their fear.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

• 1 month later...

Throwing my hat into the ring, but it's not always bad wanting to be feared. When we hear that phrase we immediately think back to times of oppression or people who we know who use their strengths to force people into submitting to their desires, However that's not always the case. I can say from personal experience that fear can be used to stop terrible things from happening to you or people you care about. Fear can be used in beneficial ways and we should actual try and understand why people want to be feared so we can fix the issues that cause them to be so, if there is an issue there in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

It’s a character flaw. It’s one thing to want to be in control rather than be someone else who is being controlled, but fear isn’t the answer. A person can stand their ground without having to trample over anyone else. I would hate to be feared by anyone. The thought of it makes me feel sick and useless. True power is being accessible and appreciated rather than feared and hated. And to be feared goes hand-in-hand with being hated.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...