Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP idea not getting off the ground.

Loud Opinion

The RP in question: Ambition for Ascension.

I don't get it. Most RP's get an two or three applications in a day. I have a catchy name, a solid introduction, an attention grabbing image that relates to the introduction, and the rules are well defined.

Is it just a slow week? If not, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

• Brohoof 1

Hiya.  :D

Roleplays can take off like Rainbow Dash headed to Sweet Apple Acres on Cider Day... but sometimes, they can drag for a while, too.

My first big, planned roleplay, The Blackwater Quarry, was silent for over a month before I got even a single person to respond... and it didn't really take off until I actually started off with the first post.  Eventually, folks came and saw the post, then began to show some interest.  It didn't happen overnight, but slowly it built up until it's what it is today; a fun little SoL RP with a number of characters and at least three steady roleplayers in the mix, with one or two part-timers.

Try starting your first post; it gives folks an idea of HOW you roleplay, and what sort of stuff to expect from the RP itself. 

Perhaps, if you already have specific characters in mind, maybe see if you can come up with some artwork of them - at least the key characters - as visualization does wonders for getting noticed.

Maybe create a banner for your OOC thread, so it sticks out when folks stop by; if you haven't the time/skill/programs, there are a number of folks who can do banners here... some of them will even do so for free!

Give the above steps a try, and above all make sure to have patience - Canterlot wasn't built in a day, and if you want it done well, your roleplay shouldn't be, either.  Nurture your idea along, don't give up and who knows?  Someday, you might be pulling in TOO MANY folks to add to your RP.

(edited)

@Randimaxis,

Thank's for taking the time out to help me. Although I don't really see what a banner would do that the image I already have doesn't. That being said, I think setting up the In Character post would work well if my RP was a slice of life, but it's not. The premise doesn't make seance if 90% of the characters come in latter.

Your example does reassure me that my ambitions aren't DOA though. At least I can put that worry to rest.

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 1