Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone know any good alternative Pony Makers?

Sazama Ichida

As some of you may already know, Adobe Flash is going to be completely abolished next year. And if you didn't know well...now you do...

And this means no more generalzoi Pony Makers and no more Fabulous Pony Maker or any of it's versions anymore. And no more Lumen 3D Pony Maker either...

The Fabulous Pony Maker along with it's Trick or Treat version are actually still playable on some sites. But they will no longer be usable starting next year. And I NEED these to make characters. As well as all the other aforementioned ones. My career as an RPer depends on it. Literally...

Also, if anyone knows where I can find and play Rarity's Bridal Boutique please let me know. I haven't played that version of The Fabulous Pony Maker yet.

Either save the Flash files and run them on an offline Flash player, or start creating OCs by drawing them or writing basic information on what they look like. Drawing a pony is not hard at all, there's tutorials on how to do it, but if that doesn't work, then start writing what they look like so that artists can draw them.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Sherem said:

well, my best advice would be for you to start basing lots of ponies so you could make your own, is not hard, specially since an Idiot like me managed to do it

No idea how to do that.

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Either save the Flash files and run them on an offline Flash player, or start creating OCs by drawing them or writing basic information on what they look like.

How do I download the makers? And where's an offline Flash Player I can use?

I can't draw for shit. And I can't get commissions done because I don't have any money.

30 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

I can't draw for shit. And I can't get commissions done because I don't have any money.

For downloading SWF files, try this tutorial. You will want Firefox for this. For an offline Flash Player... Google "swffileplayer.com". This is the best I can find, and I don't want to link something that could may have malware.

I know others who are shit at drawing, yet they make a fair effort into making a rough idea (emphasis on rough) on what their OC looks like. Again, look up MLP tutorials. And you don't need to commission anyone, there are always the Request Shops here.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

For downloading SWF files, try this tutorial. You will want Firefox for this. For an offline Flash Player... Google "swffileplayer.com". This is the best I can find, and I don't want to link something that could may have malware.

I sure hope this works. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

I know others who are shit at drawing, yet they make a fair effort into making a rough idea (emphasis on rough) on what their OC looks like. Again, look up MLP tutorials. And you don't need to commission anyone, there are always the Request Shops here. 

I can't even make a straight line on a piece of paper when using a ruler.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

No idea how to do that.

Basing is the first step to vectoring, just grab a base like this ones

flying-pony-base-my-little-pony-illustra

70-702426_pony-base-png-base-mlp-png.png

And draw your characters on top of them, the idea is that you get the basic shapes and color usage so in the future you create your own. Again I'm an idiot and I managed to do it, so you surely can

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sherem said:

Basing is the first step to vectoring, just grab a base like this ones

flying-pony-base-my-little-pony-illustra

70-702426_pony-base-png-base-mlp-png.png

And draw your characters on top of them, the idea is that you get the basic shapes and color usage so in the future you create your own. Again I'm an idiot and I managed to do it, so you surely can

Draw with what? And draw what on them? You're joking right? It's going to look like shit if I try.

Saying they won't be playable is a bold statement. I bet people will release one or two addons for both firefox and chrome when the time for flash to be abandoned comes. After all, there's an immense catalog of web browser games that run in flash and sites like newgrounds are unlikely to just kill decades of content due adobe's greed.

Either way, there are tons of swf downloader add ons (for firefox) and programs that can run on windows 7 (and probably 10 using retro-compatibility) to download them. As for a player, if by chance you got an old copy of any adobe flash or macromedia flash mx you most likely already have a player that can run the swf files. If not, there's swf tools. Maybe you can find it on sourceforge. Supposedly, it let's you both play swf files and make your own as well. Finally (not so sure on this one, thoug) there's media player classic. It's an opensource multiformat media player with a dash of retro gui. I use it to play almost all kind of video files, and I've played flv files on it, so maybe it might as well run swf, though you'll have to try it for yourself.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Saying they won't be playable is a bold statement. I bet people will release one or two addons for both firefox and chrome when the time for flash to be abandoned comes. After all, there's an immense catalog of web browser games that run in flash and sites like newgrounds are unlikely to just kill decades of content due adobe's greed.

I hope to God you're right...

13 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Either way, there are tons of swf downloader add ons (for firefox) and programs that can run on windows 7 (and probably 10 using retro-compatibility) to download them. As for a player, if by chance you got an old copy of any adobe flash or macromedia flash mx you most likely already have a player that can run the swf files. If not, there's swf tools. Maybe you can find it on sourceforge. Supposedly, it let's you both play swf files and make your own as well. Finally (not so sure on this one, thoug) there's media player classic. It's an opensource multiformat media player with a dash of retro gui. I use it to play almost all kind of video files, and I've played flv files on it, so maybe it might as well run swf, though you'll have to try it for yourself.

Knowing my luck this won't work. But thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Draw with what? And draw what on them? You're joking right? It's going to look like shit if I try.

I don't know, draw your characters, your OC's whatever you want, the idea is that you practice, because once I found myself in the same situation that you are right now, and I realized that pony creators and stuff is not gonna hold forever, and what assures you it will be like shit? you may not know, and also if it does look like shit, you gave the first step to improve. So don't be like me and don't be a wussy. I bet all I have you can

18 minutes ago, Sherem said:

I don't know, draw your characters, your OC's whatever you want, the idea is that you practice, because once I found myself in the same situation that you are right now, and I realized that pony creators and stuff is not gonna hold forever, and what assures you it will be like shit? you may not know, and also if it does look like shit, you gave the first step to improve. So don't be like me and don't be a wussy. I bet all I have you can

Sherem's right, despite the first result, practice makes master. Good artists improve as they keep drawing. That's what made them good, to begin with. Nopony is born a master on anything, so instead of looking for lazy shortcuts try your best and keep going until you improve, and then keep going because there's no limit on how good someone can be at art.

And to be honest, while I agree that ponymakers make it easy to have a general idea on an OC, their gestures and poses are limited and they look rather stiff. Most of them were early days' fanmade ragdolls, and thus they are far from perfect and at times results look a bit lame.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Sherem's right, despite the first result, practice makes master. Good artists improve as they keep drawing. That's what made them good, to begin with. Nopony is born a master on anything, so instead of looking for lazy shortcuts try your best and keep going until you improve, and then keep going because there's no limit on how good someone can be at art.

And to be honest, while I agree that ponymakers make it easy to have a general idea on an OC, their gestures and poses are limited and they look rather stiff. Most of them were early days' fanmade ragdolls, and thus they are far from perfect and at times results look a bit lame.

Listen to the girl/man here!

(edited)
4 hours ago, Sherem said:

You mean paste the manes and stuff I find on vectors and then color them right? Been there tried that. The stuff just ends up clipping and when I try to color it, it ends up all funky with some portions not getting colored in. And it just looks like shit. Though I only use Windows Paint and Gimp. Do those not work or something?

3 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

How many have you even tried? The "Fabulous Pony Maker" as it's called gives you tons of options. GeneralZoi's isn't too shabby either if you use your imagination. And the Trick or Treat one rocks. I've made over fifty characters each with their own unique design. Likely over sixty by now. I lost count. And it was all thanks to these Pony Makers.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

55 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

You mean paste the manes and stuff I find on vectors and then color them right? Been there tried that. The stuff just ends up clipping and when I try to color it, it ends up all funky with some portions not getting colored in. And it just looks like shit. Though I only use Windows Paint and Gimp. Do those not work or something?

How many have you even tried? The "Fabulous Pony Maker" as it's called gives you tons of options. GeneralZoi's isn't too shabby either if you use your imagination. And the Trick or Treat one rocks. I've made over fifty characters each with their own unique design. Likely over sixty by now. I lost count. And it was all thanks to these Pony Makers.

is not just pasting and put them, and you must use the program of Inkscape and similars and doing all the accessories and parts by yourself, the bases are more like a guideline, and btw Inkscape is free

@OdysseyI was able to get generalzoi's makers working offline with what you showed me. Thank you. It's still not letting me use these two though when I try:
http://www.gamekidgame.com/my_little_pony/pony_maker/fabulous_pony_maker.html
http://www.gamekidgame.com/my_little_pony/tot/fabulous_ponymaker_trick_or_treat.html

Is there some way I can get them working?

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2021-04-27 at 11:50 PM, Rainbow StarFlight said:

Anyone have the swf file for generalzoi's pony creator (Preferably Full Version, but Version 3 is fine)

I found a saved copy of the creator if you're interested. You have to download a Windows/Mac app though.