Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How fast of a reader are you?

Muffinnz

Either slower than a snail, or faster than the speed of light. But it means either I can understand what I'm reading, or not. It depends on the book on how fast I can read.

• Brohoof 1

For the past year of so, I’ve had a hard time focusing on words.  I mean yeah, I’ve always had a hard time focusing on words but it seems to have gotten worse.  Overall, it depends on what’s being written and what media it is.  Thankfully with digital, I can have the read aloud option for stuff that’s too long for me(especially news articles and fan fic).  It’s a bit of a struggle with physical books but I end up getting through the book(7 months later...).

I was once very fast 9999999999999999999999(reading every Harry Potter book the day I bought it, for instance), but I don't know if I've still got it. And has been said, you can miss a lot if you rush.

That depends on what I'm reading. In elementary school it was about 350 words per minute on average, but I've probably gotten a good bit faster since then.

If read as fast as I can (meaning I retain little or no information) I can hit well over 1k wpm, but that's more like skimming without skipping words than actually reading.

If I'm reading for enjoyment, I like to slow it down to a speaking pace and try to actually imagine what I'm reading. So probably between 50 and 250 wpm depending on the scene.

I think I read reasonably fast but I slow down if I find what I'm reading difficult to understand. I also tend to read out loud, makes it easier (and tiring) to read for me.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what I'm reading. If it's something small or not super important, like a string of texts or memes, I'll blaze through them. If it's a book I'll read at a moderate pace. If it's a manual for something I'll read it very slowly.

It depends. It I was getting to a good part, I fast read. If I’m getting to the important part I take it slow. And if the part is boring I scan through it.