Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Mario Odyssey fans?

CatCat

Amazing game. Odyssey was the first game I got on the Switch and I finished it in about three days. Easily my second favourite Mario game next to Galaxy.

Love it. I poured countless hours into Mario Odyssey. The kingdoms are huge, and I'm close to getting 880 Power Moons

Mario Odyssey was one of my first Switch games along with Zelda: BotW and Splatoon 2. I haven't completed it, but, from the little bit of time I spent on it I really enjoyed it, enough to make me interested in gaming again. I do plan on playing Mario Odyssey to completion some time during my little "Mario Marathon" where I'm playing through all the main Mario console releases.

Mario.... I must say I had way too many adventures with that franchise, starting with the original NES games.Mario Odyssey is the first Mario that gave me those joys of timeless adventures. This game is the real shit

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Phenomenal game. Even just the theme song is worth being a fan of

Funny, I didn’t grown with that song as much as many. I must confess I was still rather cautious with the Switch and this game at the time, so I didn’t followed much. However, I got a song that fills my hearth even more

Spoiler

Seriously, this has to be the most creative Mario since..... FOREVER :mlp_yeehaa:

While I haven't gotten all the main mission moons, I did unlocked the final level which put several of my abilities to the test. 

Spoiler

There was a Thank You message at the end and Cappy sounded like he was about to leave Mario since it was time for to go....only to say that he's kidding and wants to stay with Mario a little longer.

This helps justify why post story mode, you can still keep playing the game until you're done with it

All in all, I quite enjoyed it

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not huge on Super Mario platformers (I prefer RPGs like Paper Mario and also other spinoffs like Mario Kart), but when it comes to Mario platformers, Odyssey is certainly one of the top ones. The Mario platforming series had really been stuck in a rut after Galaxy came out. Not that there's anything wrong with having Galaxy style games, but when Nintendo disingenuously acted like Galaxy was like 64/Sunshine and then they also released the 3D Land/World games it looked like the 3D Mario platforming series had all become a stagnant series where all games just felt like 2D platformers with a little running room, and it looked like that was never going to change, as most people did not care about the change in identity and thought that Galaxy was the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm so happy to see that Nintendo dropped the lies and brought the identity back to the 3D series with Odyssey. Open-style worlds is one thing that made Super Mario 64 so different from its 2D predecessors. Let me tell you, when all we had were the linear 3D Mario platformers and the NSMB series in addition, those were dark times, because everything felt the same.

This is the same problem that the Mario RPGs are in right now. Nintendo claims that the Paper Mario series can't be RPGs anymore because Mario & Luigi fills that role... Yet Mario & Luigi went off into its own world, too, and we don't really have any true Mario RPGs left.

Edited by Envy

7 hours ago, Envy said:

I'm not huge on Super Mario platformers (I prefer RPGs like Paper Mario and also other spinoffs like Mario Kart), but when it comes to Mario platformers, Odyssey is certainly one of the top ones. The Mario platforming series had really been stuck in a rut after Galaxy came out. Not that there's anything wrong with having Galaxy style games, but when Nintendo disingenuously acted like Galaxy was like 64/Sunshine and then they also released the 3D Land/World games it looked like the 3D Mario platforming series had all become a stagnant series where all games just felt like 2D platformers with a little running room, and it looked like that was never going to change, as most people did not care about the change in identity and thought that Galaxy was the best thing since sliced bread.

Indeed. While I can appreciate Galaxy 1, it was far from being a magnus opus in the franchise as most claim. I don’t believe they’ve truly exploited it’s full potential, and the recycling of ideas was far too evident (granted, I believe that was a Nintendo problem overall back then, with SMG being yet another example). Mario Galaxy 2 was supposed to be better, but instead the improvements of the good was small, but they accentuated the bad. Seriously, other than some Mexican video game reviewers, I have yet to know of someone who even mentions the Prankster “recycled ideas galore” Comets. 
Joshscorcher is the ONLY person I know who ever mentioned SMG2 is overrated (the aforementioned Mexicans didn’t even bother to make a review) 13:50

Mario Odyssey is far superior than either Galaxy >_>

40 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Dafuk? Is that a 100% confirmed leak :huh:?

Not sure. seen it mentioned several times online, but of course the nature of the beast is that one site might have mentioned it, and the others then do so because they saw it on the first site. Tried googling around, but that was unhelpful :(

• 2 weeks later...