Sign in to follow this  
penns87

Hello there!

Apparently I made this account in 2018?!? I certainly don't remember making it. Anyway, hello there! I am currently a college student in computer science (because I like to torture myself apparently). I've been a fan since 2015 and have just been lurking about until I finally decided to be (or try to be at least) active within the community.

I like playing PC games *cough* PC master race *cough*. I'm a pretty casual gamer though and don't take things too seriously. Right now I've been playing Halo Reach on MCC, The Outer Worlds, and Jedi: Fallen Order.

Speaking of games, I love me some good ol' board and card games. I have plenty of deceit games mainly because I like lying in front of my friends' faces (e.g. Coup, Salem, Secret Hitler, etc.). I have also recently gotten into D&D. I've managed to play a few games, but I was soon thrust into the position of the DM, so I can kiss my playtime goodbye. It's not all bad, though, and I do enjoy moderating games and seeing what stupid things my players will do, but I just wanna use my dragonborn ranger ;_;.

I'm a big fan of Doctor Who (though it has seen better days don't text) and I also am a big fan of Achievement Hunter from Rooster Teeth. They're the reason for my sarcastic humor so blame them.

That's about all I have to say about me. I hope I can stay active here, but I guess we'll see!

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: rainbow-dash
How did you find MLP Forums?: Quick Google search
How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

I used to hate on MLP for obvious reasons because I just couldn't comprehend why people would like a little girl's show. At one point I saw that it was airing on the TV and put it on as a joke just to look at my brother and say, "Look it's your favorite show! HAHA!" 

But that's how they get you.

That one scene that was playing managed to plant a seed in my head. I don't remember the scene specifically, but that's all it took for my interest to pique. I later found myself tuning back into the channel and watching a few seconds of it. Then I'd change the channel and ask myself, "What the hell am I doing?" I repeated this process, each time lingering just a bit longer, until I finally decided to see what this MLP nonsense is all about. I went online and watched the first episode, testing the waters and trying to find what people liked about it. Then I watched the second episode. Then the third...and fourth...and fifth. I was pretty much hooked at this point, but still I refused to call myself a "brony". The mere thought made me cringe. My rationing was that I didn't participate in the fandom - I only watched the show - therefore, I couldn't be called a brony. 

However, I eventually found Equestria Daily and saw all the cool pictures, art, music, and videos surrounding the fandom. I made a deviantArt account and began to follow a bunch of artists. I watched plenty of fan-made videos and began to listen to fan-made music. That was it. I couldn't deny it anymore. I'd come to the realization that I was, indeed, a brony. This was all back in 2015 and I've been watching the show, and the fandom, ever since.

(edited)

Welcome to the forums, nice to meet you :twi: . Long post :wacko: 

*shakes hand hard*

Edited by WWolf

(edited)

Hey Penns, welcome to the forum! Your origin story was a fun read!

I'm Kadae, I love tea and I love Octavia, among other things.

I hope to see you around and that your stay is a wonderful one! ;)

Edited by Kadae

Badges

Hello! :yay:

PC gaming, I approve. :D 

Hah yeah, this show is like a curse - every single second draws you in more and more until your brain is completely washed, making you question what you are doing. EDQ7xNk.png

Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Ha! Nice story, I was brought to the fandom that way as well!

Welcome to the herd and hope to hear from you soon!:mlp_yeehaa:

Badges

19 hours ago, WWolf said:

*shakes hand hard*

Just tryna make a good first impression ;) 

17 hours ago, Kadae said:

Hey Penns, welcome to the forum! Your origin story was a fun read!

I'm Kadae, I love tea and I love Octavia, along other things.

I hope to see you around and that your stay is a wonderful one! ;)

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello! :yay:

PC gaming, I approve. :D 

Hah yeah, this show is like a curse - every single second draws you in more and more until your brain is completely washed, making you question what you are doing. EDQ7xNk.png

Welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Yup I've been lured by the siren's call lol

1 hour ago, Bastian said:

Ha! Nice story, I was brought to the fandom that way as well!

Welcome to the herd and hope to hear from you soon!:mlp_yeehaa:

Thanks!

Yesss!, hello @penns87 Welcome to the forums! I hope you have an awesome time and make lots of friends! 

AND OMG YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH MEEEEEEE!!!! I love halo on the MCC on pc man it's sooo FUN!!!! <3 :Daydreaming:

On 1/21/2020 at 1:03 AM, WWolf said:

*shakes hand hard*

YOU mean HOOF! :Pharynx:

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Yay 1

Welcome to the forums! And I'm with you, I've never cared for the term 'brony', it has always made me cringe. Pegasisters is hardly any better. Honestly, I'd just go with pony fan myself if pressed. 

12 hours ago, Blivy said:

Yesss!, hello @penns87 Welcome to the forums! I hope you have an awesome time and make lots of friends! 

AND OMG YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH MEEEEEEE!!!! I love halo on the MCC on pc man it's sooo FUN!!!! <3 :Daydreaming:

Sounds like fun :ButtercupLaugh:

10 hours ago, Dizzy Gazelle said:

Welcome to the forums! And I'm with you, I've never cared for the term 'brony', it has always made me cringe. Pegasisters is hardly any better. Honestly, I'd just go with pony fan myself if pressed. 

I'm more ok with it nowadays, but yeah back then it was uncomforting lol