Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I create a custom SFM MLP OC model?

Azure Acrylic

I’ve been searching round the Internet for a good tutorial on how to create a SFM MLP OC model, to be used in SFM MLP animations. Unfortunately, very little tutorials on this currently exist, and the ones that do exist are pretty outdated, with most of them being posted in 2013-2016. SFM has since been updated since 2016, so most of the tutorials either don’t work or give several errors that crash your computer. I’m looking for these tutorials, because, as I’ve found out it isn’t really worth it to commission others to make SFM OC models for you, as they always set prices for one model at USD $30 to USD $60, which is over what I can afford. And, these SFM model makers won’t reveal how they create their models, as if they did, everyone would know how to create SFM models, and they would lose money from less people commissioning them. So, I’m asking the rest of the fandom. Do you have any recommendations for tutorials and stuff that I could use? I would gladly accept them! Post em down below.

• Brohoof 1

What is SFM? :ooh: (Safe For Marriage?)

What is the purpose of the OC? I know that is a weird question, but the purpose together with the style, could answer many questions.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Bas said:

Hm, prob nobody here has the knowledge. You could try and ask these youtube creators, they can't make a worse reply than declining.

Well, the creators probably won’t respond, mainly because of two things: They don’t care about random people, and the risk of them losing money as people wouldn’t need to commission them anymore as they would know how to do it.

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

What is SFM? :ooh: (Safe For Marriage?)

What is the purpose of the OC? I know that is a weird question, but the purpose together with the style, could answer many questions.

Source Film Maker (it’s a program on Steam)

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I don't make anything for SFM, but I believe the models are first created in Blender, textured and then exported to a file format that SFM uses. You will need to look up some tutorials on the exporting process since it appears to be pretty complicated (again, I have no experience dealing with SFM so I can't help you with that).

Blender is a free 3D modelling, sculpting, texturing, animation, compositing, VFX, video editing and 2D animation software (basically will fulfill all your 3D needs). The official Blender YouTube channel have a playlist named Blender Fundamentals that will get you started.

• Brohoof 1