Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Rank your Favorite Star Wars films

Miss

Idk if a topic has been made like this, I searched it and didn't find anything. Considering the new movie came out last month thought this would be a good idea.

So anyway rank your favorite Star Wars films and maybe say something on the side of each. Could be long, but could be as short as a rating. Don't have to include all the films. 

1. Revenge of the Sith - it's corny (not cringe corny) but I love the shit out of it. So quotable, I just want to reenact every scene from it XD great way to connect the prequels to the originals. Great action and acting, especially from Ian Mcdiarmid. Great music and visuals and love the tone and tone changing.

2. Return of the Jedi - Incredible satisfactory ending to the story we've been following. The turmoil between Luke and his father and the feelings of dread with the Emperor and memorable interactions with the characters like Yoda. Also the world building and adventure is fun. I like the ewoks and Endor; it's a lot of fun even if it is 80's corn XD

3. Empire Strikes Back - The storytelling in this movie is amazing. The introduction of Yoda and the dynamics between characters like Lando etc. are done so well; the film sucks you into the world. The whole Darth Vader and Luke scene is one of the best scenes in Star Wars. Everything feels important in the movie. Perfect pacing.

4. Rogue One - Beautiful movie. The character dynamics are awesome and I love them. I know many found them unmemorable, but I found it the opposite. Cassian, K-2SO, Jyn are great characters and just wow. The cinematography is beautiful and the visual effects and battles are the best in Star Wars. Lovely story to tell of diverse characters coming together and sacrificing themselves for the same noble cause.

5. The Force Awakens - One of the best things about Star Wars is the characters and introducing characters and I think TFA did an impeccable job at introducing the new characters who will carry the Star Wars torch now that the old characters are well old and time has gone by. Such fun characters to watch: Rey, Kylo, Poe, Kylo, BB-8, etc. and of course having old characters to guide them Han, Leia, and Chewbacca. Rey being a character, contrary to Anakin and Luke, wants to stay in their small section of space while so much is going on in the galaxy is so interesting. Cinematography is great, good humor, and visuals. Had a big problem with Starkiller base, felt pretty lame, boring, and unoriginal. Also Phasma was weak, but that's a minor issue. BB-8 is adorable 

6. A New Hope - The beginning movie that introduces us to the whole Star Wars universe and gets tons of points for that. A fun movie with great pacing and storytelling. So much world building that makes you want more. Great characters, of course it's the first time we see them. I will say, the reason why it ranks at number 6, I still love this movie, but not as exciting as the previous movies or as quotable, not as fun. Still fucking great, but just overshadowed by future installments imo. 

7. The Last Jedi - I love this movie. Honestly, it felt new and unpredictable and I was glad with the way it handled the Star Wars universe. The introspective view it takes on the things we love in Star Wars is so unique and I love it. Rey and Kylo's dynamic was great and Luke and Rey's dynamic was great as well. His death was incredible and gave him so much life and meaning in my eyes. Rey being a nobody was also awesome because it adds mystery to the force and it would be corny to make her RELATED TO SOMEONE. Finn and Rose's side plot was not as exciting to watch as Rey's scenes so that was a big problem. Had lots of other minor issues (like Leia in space) that add up, but either way still great. 

8. The Rise of Skywalker - Now begins the start of Star Wars movies I don't love. I do like it but not love. It feels corny and silly. I still love Rey, Kylo, Poe, and Finn dynamic and character building, I love these characters, but so many things surrounding them felt corny. Palpatine coming back is boring and unoriginal, the big bad in the first 6 movies is back AGAIN. Rey is her grandaughter, that boring and corny. Her being a no one to me felt new and interesting and then it was like "NOPE." The script was not as good with cringe lines like "I AM ALL THE JEDI." Weak. C-3PO is the best he's ever been. Good humor again and great action. Hated the direction they went with, but still liked the movie because the characters are still fun to watch.

9. Attack of the Clones - Kind of boring tbh. I still like the film, but more in the "so bad it's good" kind of way. Quotable lines, but corny lines and bad lines to make fun of ahaha. There were great action scenes like the colosseum, but also boring ones like Slave I vs Obi, and Yoda, Count, Obi, and Anakin. SUPER BATTLE DROIDS FUCKING RULE! 

10. The Phantom Menace - Very similar to Attack of the Clones, but even more so XD. Corny, so bad it's good, quotable lines because they're so bad. Great designs for a new era of Star Wars. Pretty ridiculous and so many bad characters like JarJar, Boss Nass, Anakin, etc. and even the characters that weren't bad were just boring like Qui-Gon and Obi. Darth Maul looks cool and the fight at the end is cool, but don't know shit about Maul so again not much weight. When Qui-Gon dies I don't care cuz he was boring. Bad world building and story telling as I don't become interested in anything. Again, I still like the film, but more so because it's fun, you know, so bad it's good. 

11. Solo - Not sure if I like this film. Most corny Star Wars film ever made. I didn't want this made, felt unnecessary, especially now, but here it is and yup felt like a big easter egg check list. Weak dialogue, corny jokes, dynamics are not that great. The acting was fine, especially Lando, and the visuals were ok. I liked the Maw. 

12. The Clone Wars - Not rewatchable, even on a Star Wars day. Boring and the tone is strange. Glad the show was better than how this started it all out. 

1) The Empire Strikes Back

2) A New Hope

3) Return of the Jedi

4) Revenge of the Sith

5) Rogue One

6) The Phantom Menace

7) Attack of the Clones

8) Solo

9) The Force Awakens

10) The Rise of Skywalker

11) The Last Jedi

• Brohoof 1

1) Empire Strikes Back

2) A New Hope

3) Rogue One

4) Return of the Jedi

5) Revenge of the Sith

6) The Force Awakens(it was really really close between it and Revenge)

7) The Phantom Menace

8) Rise of Skywalker 

9) Attack Of the Clones 

10) The Last Jedi(honestly, as a movie it’s better that the 3 above it, but I hate this one the most out of the entire saga)

Haven’t seen Solo or The Clone Wars

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably say from what I've seen:

1) The Empire Strikes Back

2) Return of the Jedi

3) Revenge of the Sith

4) A New Hope

5) The Phantom Menace

6) Attack of the Clones

The jury's still out on the sequel movies and the two spinoffs. I need to get around to watching them one day.

• Brohoof 2

Trilogies:

Original > Prequel > Sequel.

Originals:

A New Hope < The Empire Strikes Back = Return Of The Jedi.

Prequels:

The Phantom Menace = Attack Of The Clones < Revenge Of The Sith.

Sequels:

The Force Awakens > The Last Jedi = The Rise Of Skywalker.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Return of the Jedi > Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones > The Force Awakens > Rogue One > The Last Jedi > Solo

Haven't seen Rise of the Skywalker because I stopped seeing the movies in theaters after The Last Jedi, but I was "lucky" to see Solo on DVD. :Thorax: What a snore. :maud:

Ah well that’s easy to say,  “The Revenge of the Sith” is my utmost SW favorite. There’s no other SW movie like it! “The empire strike back” and “The Phantom Mence” come in second. The rest of prequels are just mediocre but I like them.

Disney’s adaptations: 
I like the “Force awaken” a lot better than “the last Jedi.” Haven’t seen the “Rise of Skywalker” yet but all I can say is I’m a very disappointed that they reformed Kylo..why can’t we have Rey kill him in battle just like how Obi did (well technically not really) when he was going against Darth Maul? Or where’s the epic battle like anakin vs obi-wan when Obi-wan mercilessly cut off Anakin’s limps off? Where is the last finishing battle to the death?!? Disney is a wimp. Overall trilogy would’ve been better if not rushed. And not having so much unnecessary shit. 

”Solo” and Rouge one” is meh.. okay. I can’t seem to feel connected with these characters really..I don’t know how to say this really. I just have this love/hate for these two.

Series:

Clone wars series is 10/10. Best SW series. I like the Rebels but not as much as the Clone wars. It’s a lot more intense.

The Mandalorian stands on its own and I like it so far. Just not sure how long will it keep it’s rep for being a story about a bounty hunter with grits without falling into a path of a typical heroism cliche. 

• Brohoof 1

Only ranking what I've seen, which is the original trilogies.

1. Revenge of the Sith 

2. Empire Strikes Back 

3. The Phantom Menace

4. Attack of the Clones

5. A New Hope 

6. Return of the Jedi

I love them all, I guess I just like the more sith inclined movies out of personal bias

• Brohoof 3

1. Return of the Jedi

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. A New Hope

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Attack of the Clones 

6. Phantom Menace

7. Force Awakens

8. Rise of Skywalker

9. The Last Jedi

Favorites:

1 Empire Strikes Back

2 Return of the Jedi

3 A New Hope

4 Revenge of the Sith

Could have been better but still pretty cool:

5 Phantom Menace

6 Attack of the Clones

7 Clone Wars

Good movie but to me noncanonical:

Rogue One

Haven't see:

Solo

Total shit:

Disney 7, 8, and 9

Edited by Fluttershutter

On 1/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, TBD said:

Ah well that’s easy to say,  “The Revenge of the Sith” is my utmost SW favorite. There’s no other SW movie like it! 

So I have seen Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker.. and this may be the most unpopular opinion here but,  LOVE IT!

Yep that will go in as my second favorite SW movie now. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorites, in order from best to least:

Return of the Jedi. Absolutely my favorite Star wars movie. It takes all the power of ANH and ESB but then adds the grand finale punch to send it over the top. The day I saw it remains one of the top two best moments in my life.

A New Hope. It stands alone as a perfect movie but also sets the stage for all that is to follow. The scope of the universe it creates is staggering. Seeing this movie was the first time I ever cried from pure joy.

The Empire Strikes back. Probably the best sequel ever created; and taking on the near-impossible task of following the greatest film of all time is no easy trick. The audience expectations were staggering but this movie slam-dunks it. I mean, “Luke, I am your father!” How can you top a revelation like that??

The Phantom Menace. This is not an easy one because its place in the pecking order fluctuates constantly with AOTC and ROTS. But they’re so close it hardly matters. This movie manages to capture the feeling of the pioneering days of the Star Wars classic trilogy but also creates a whole new era that stands on its own feet. A captivating look at what came before the movies we already knew and loved. It also has my favorite lightsaber battle of all the movies.

Revenge of the Sith. Powerful piece of moviemaking. Finally showing the audience what led to the Anakin’s fall and the fateful duel between Vader and Obi-wan. We all knew what was coming, but finally seeing it in full blazing color and that jaw-dropping John Williams score was the beautiful culmination of many a childhood night staring wistfully at the ceiling, picturing what that momentous moment would be like.

Attack of the Clones. Sublime look at the genesis of the Empire and some of the early maneuverings of Palpatine. And seeing Yoda lighting up his lightsaber for the first time was indescribable. I saw that scene at the Star Wars Celebration II before the movie release and you would not believe the din of fans screaming in response (to which I added my own humble voice). This one often vies for a higher position on the list but dang, we’re talkin’ some serious competition!

Rogue One. Not a bad look at an interesting point in the development of both Empire and Rebellion. My hands were literally shaking when I saw Grand Moff Tarkin back in action. It also had some nice touches with Vader, Leia and a couple of other familiar faces from the glory days. Definitely the best since Disney seeped in.

The Clone Wars. This movie was released theatrically so it definitely counts, and frankly, I love it. It gave us Ahsoka Tano (‘nuff said) and kick-started the Clone Wars TV series which I also love.

Solo. It seems to me this movie took a lot of backlash from fans reeling from The Last Jedi. Granted, it’s not a great movie by a long shot, but it’s also not as bad as many seem to think.

As for Disney’s ‘sequel trilogy,’ I won’t dignify that abominable collection of steaming sh*ts with the time it takes to comment. They aren’t Star Wars to me. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I'd rank them:

1. Return of the Jedi
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Rogue One
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace
8. The Force Awakens
9. The Rise of Skywalker
10. The Last Jedi

Haven't Seen - Solo

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

• 3 weeks later...

1. The Rise of Skywalker
2. Solo
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi  
5. The Phantom Menace  
6. The Empire Strikes Back
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones
9. The Force Awakens
10. Rogue One 

11 The Last Jedi

I am gonna add I've seen the prequels get a lot of hate from a people that would not know a loth-cat from a wampa let alone Campbell from Filloni and its annoying. 99.99% of the crying I see are from people that dont even know the first thing about the universe and are complaining about stuff a fast wookiepedia search answers. People really need to stop crying about what they don';t understand and clearly dont really love. Because if they loved a universe they would at least ensure they were not crying about stuff google could answer in under a minute. Never mind the toxic people trashing the artists giving us stuff they supposedly love to the point of chasing them off social media. 

33 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I am gonna add I've seen the prequels get a lot of hate from a people that would not know a loth-cat from a wampa let alone Campbell from Filloni and its annoying. 99.99% of the crying I see are from people that dont even know the first thing about the universe and are complaining about stuff a fast wookiepedia search answers. People really need to stop crying about what they don';t understand and clearly dont really love. Because if they loved a universe they would at least ensure they were not crying about stuff google could answer in under a minute. Never mind the toxic people trashing the artists giving us stuff they supposedly love to the point of chasing them off social media. 

Funny that you mention the “prequels” when this is also the case for the “sequels.” Also just because wookipedia can answer a question about some that doesn’t matter that much, like a loth-cat, doesn’t mean it’s a good answer. In fact one could say it sounds ridiculous. And that’s fair. Just like one could say ideas in The Last Jedi are dumb, someone could say that about “The Phantom Menace.”

There’s a huge universe in Star Wars and one does not have to understand every single part of it or even enjoy every single part of it to love it. In fact, one may argue that the fact that they don’t like certain things that makes them a “true fan” because a “real Star Wars fan” wouldn’t tolerate how someone is “disgracing the universe.” There are many people like this in the toxic Star Wars fandom. Thinking that just because one doesn’t know how every part of a lightsaber works means they shouldn’t be able to critique something is ridiculous and toxic. 

Edited by Misscellanio

Just now, Misscellanio said:

makes them a “true fan” because a “real Star Wars fan” wouldn’t tolerate how someone is “disgracing the universe.” There are many people like this in the toxic Star Wars fandom. Thinking that just because one doesn’t know how every part of a lightsaber works means they shouldn’t be able to critique something is ridiculous and toxic. 

I legit giggle snorted at this so thanks for the chuckle. You cant claim people are disgracing anything if you dont even know how it operates. And yea you cant critique how something operates or looks if you dont know WHY it does so. Its like trying to say that I dont like how hard a knife is to sharpen when you dont know the steel the knife is made out of or what steel does what job best. In short you are complaining about something you lack the knowledge to complain about. 

Its fine to say I did not like a particular scene it looked jenky IE the Leah in space scene. But crying oh thats impossible or when did she get the Force just shows you know too little about the universe to complain. Its like crying that Rarity is not able to do all the Twilight can but you never seen enough of the MLP show to know why that is. 

12 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I legit giggle snorted at this so thanks for the chuckle. You cant claim people are disgracing anything if you dont even know how it operates. And yea you cant critique how something operates or looks if you dont know WHY it does so. Its like trying to say that I dont like how hard a knife is to sharpen when you dont know the steel the knife is made out of or what steel does what job best. In short you are complaining about something you lack the knowledge to complain about. 

Its fine to say I did not like a particular scene it looked jenky IE the Leah in space scene. But crying oh thats impossible or when did she get the Force just shows you know too little about the universe to complain. Its like crying that Rarity is not able to do all the Twilight can but you never seen enough of the MLP show to know why that is. 

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. I said that there are many toxic Star Wars fans that believe that there is one way of looking at Star Wars and therefore believe that other “real Star Wars” fans should also hate it. 

Wasnt saying that that’s what I believe. 

Also that analogy is a little weak. Because it’s an imaginary universe it’s open to a lot more critique. Someone says, “that’s not how the force works.” And then someone could argue that “well that’s dumb.” And that’s fine. To say that someone should read all the Star Wars books and especially read all of wookiepedia in order to critique something is very ridiculous. 

Let’s take that space scene. One could say thats dumb because Leia never learned to use the force. Then someone else says well what if she did. Person responds well we never see it in the movies so it doesn’t matter. Person responds well apparently she did right and just off screen. Third person comes and says what if it’s not her but the force itself helping her. And fourth person comes and says the book/screenplay says this. No one in this scenario is wrong. Fans enjoy things in different ways and when it comes to something as expansive as Star Wars it’s very toxic to think there’s only one way to look at the universe. 

Idk why you’re chuckling or even mention that you are. I guess you’re trying to be rude/mean. But you don’t have to. 

Edited by Misscellanio

2 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Let’s take that space scene. One could say thats dumb because Leia never learned to use the force. Then someone else says well what if she did. Person responds well we never see it in the movies so it doesn’t matter. Person responds well apparently she did right and just off screen. Third person comes and says what if it’s not her but the force itself helping her. And fourth person comes and says the book/screenplay says this. No one in this scenario is wrong. Fans enjoy things in different ways and when it comes to something as expansive as Star Wars it’s very toxic to think there’s only one way to look at the universe. 

Idk why you’re chuckling or even mention that you are. I guess you’re trying to be rude/mean. But you don’t have to. 

Actually yes some of them ARE wrong. You dont have to know everything. You just have to be sensible enough to do a two second google before you complain to ensure you are not missing something. Further all of these what ifs yada yada nah sorry there are sources for what happened. Those and only those are the right answers. The rest is you lack knowledge and are talking without knowing what you are talking about and thus are wrong. The only way to look at what happened is via the cannon or in the case of SW cannon + legends. Anything outside of that marked as a complaint is wrong. Saying hey I think it would be cooler if they did it this way. Fine cool you think a different take is cooler good for you we can debate its merits. But going oh they are dumb or that is wrong or impossible nah sorry then you are in the wrong 

Further to clarify you is used in the universal sense not the personal. 

Finally I mentioned I laughed because I literally did and really needed the chuckle. Its not meant to be mean. It was meant to say I find the idea that one can complain about stuff they do not understand amusing. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

Actually yes some of them ARE wrong. You dont have to know everything. You just have to be sensible enough to do a two second google before you complain to ensure you are not missing something. Further all of these what ifs yada yada nah sorry there are sources for what happened. Those and only those are the right answers. The rest is you lack knowledge and are talking without knowing what you are talking about and thus are wrong. The only way to look at what happened is via the cannon or in the case of SW cannon + legends. Anything outside of that marked as a complaint is wrong. Saying hey I think it would be cooler if they did it this way. Fine cool you think a different take is cooler good for you we can debate its merits. But going oh they are dumb or that is wrong or impossible nah sorry then you are in the wrong 

Further to clarify you is used in the universal sense not the personal. 

Finally I mentioned I laughed because I literally did and really needed the chuckle. Its not meant to be mean. It was meant to say I find the idea that one can complain about stuff they do not understand amusing. 

Going to have to disagree hard. Very hard. You're making it seem like one has to understand every single aspect about expanded universe star wars (also lots of the star wars legends has been retconned so using that as reference would be "wrong" in your case) in order to say anything about a fictional universe. Someone has to do research to find about what happened between episode 4 and 5 before they can say, "I don't like that idea." Very ridiculous. There are people who only like the episode 4 and 5 movies, people who only like the OT, people who only like 1-6, OT and Sequels, and people who like the all the movies, and then there are people who watch the shows and read the comics etc. and to say that the only people whose opinions matter are the latter is very elitist. You can love Star Wars and hate many things about it. You can love Star Wars and never have read "Star Wars: Darth Plaguies." One could choose what they care about in Star Wars and no one should be omitted from critiquing something just because they didn't do a sweep through the darkest edges of wookiepedia. No wrong way to enjoy something, as long as you're not hurting anyone. 

Also you probably mentioned you laughed because you wanted to be condescending. 

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Going to have to disagree hard. Very hard. You're making it seem like one has to understand every single aspect about expanded universe star wars (also lots of the star wars legends has been retconned so using that as reference would be "wrong" in your case) in order to say anything about a fictional universe. Someone has to do research to find about what happened between episode 4 and 5 before they can say, "I don't like that idea." Very ridiculous. There are people who only like the episode 4 and 5 movies, people who only like the OT, people who only like 1-6, OT and Sequels, and people who like the all the movies, and then there are people who watch the shows and read the comics etc. and to say that the only people whose opinions matter are the latter is very elitist. You can love Star Wars and hate many things about it. You can love Star Wars and never have read "Star Wars: Darth Plaguies." One could choose what they care about in Star Wars and no one should be omitted from critiquing something just because they didn't do a sweep through the darkest edges of wookiepedia. No wrong way to enjoy something, as long as you're not hurting anyone. 

Also you probably mentioned you laughed because you wanted to be condescending. 

If I wanted to be condescending you'd know it. Trust me. I legit was thanking you for a laugh with no malice meant. I needed a laugh today as Ive been having a rough time and you provided it with an idea I find amusing.

And no they would not be wrong to use those sources so long as you mention what source you are using. Ill give the example here 

Person A: Leahs survival was impossible ( WRONG ) 

Pearson B: Leah was trained in the Force in ( insert legends book ) so its not impossible ( Not wrong because at the time TRoS was not out ) 

Person B after TRoS: Leah trained with Luke at his Temple for a bit it was shown in the movie. ( correct in cannon source ) 

Person C: I don't like how the movie did that scene I think Leahs' training was cooler in ( insert legends book ) This is fine its not trashing its saying I prefer an alternative. Its different then the first person who is just crying about what they fail to understand 

What you seem to not understand or be overlooking here is I am not saying you have to know EVERYTHING. I have even said you do not have to. So if you are going to try to rebut me stop citing something I already addressed. What I have said is if you are going to complain that something cant happen or is impossible you should do a bit of a google before spouting off to ensure you know what you are talking about. 

Its like someone saying its stupid Rarity cant make herself walk on clouds both her and Twilight are unicorns why couldn't she do that? Oh gee maybe if they did a bit of homework they would know how unicorn powers work. Its the EXACT SAME THING. 

If people want to say they do not like a visual fine. But where they become wrong is when they cry something is stupid or impossible when they don't know how it works or why. I am not sure how hard it is to see the difference between the two. 
Oh and yea when you start trashing a show you are a "fan" of because you do not understand the universe the show came from you are hurting people. You are hurting the future of a franchise over your own ignorance and that hurts a LOT of people 

• Brohoof 1

Funny, I just had an argument with the person about “Darth Vader, Dark lord of the Sith” controversy. It turns out  they didn’t read it at all and have the audacity to try to correct me. I save myself the time and headache and just gave them a link to read.

That is one recent problem I have with these so called SW fans. I understand what you’re saying @Misscellanio, that SW universe is so big and one cannot follow it up all. That’s fine, it won’t make you any less of a fan. But what @Jedishy is trying to say is if one is going to be a bitch about it and refused to accept what’s already canon or what’s already established way before you become a “fan”, then you can kiss your SW Fan title good bye. 

I’m not going to point out a specific group.. but There are actually  a group of people especially the newer ones, who would try every ounces of their stupidity in trying to debunk anything they found disliking  just to make their little dumb fantasy to sound true.  Hell, they would take any kind of bullshits and called  (insert canon) debunked. But at the end they’re only deluding themselves and disgracing SW generations of the making. 

Overall don’t be the kind of fan who refused to listen or bitching over something they clearly lacking knowledge of. It doesn’t hurt to google search something you don’t understand. Or listen to those who’s already know the answer and who’s trying to give you a better perspectives to think about.

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

If people want to say they do not like a visual fine. But where they become wrong is when they cry something is stupid or impossible when they don't know how it works or why. I am not sure how hard it is to see the difference between the two. 
Oh and yea when you start trashing a show you are a "fan" of because you do not understand the universe the show came from you are hurting people. You are hurting the future of a franchise over your own ignorance and that hurts a LOT of people 

18 minutes ago, TBD said:

Overall don’t be the kind of fan who refused to listen or bitching over something they clearly lacking knowledge of. It doesn’t hurt to google search something you don’t understand. Or listen to those who’s already know the answer and who’s trying to give you a better perspectives to think about.

You both are missing my point. There are people who do not care about the the comics, books, etc. and only the movies. If they watch them and say Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon using force speed in the beginning is "impossible" obviously that's a different case, because it's not impossible because the movie just established it so not talking about things like that. Obviously Leia flying through space is not impossible because she just did it, but if someone, who has only seen the movies, saw the scene and was like "so the force has the ability to shield you from the cold vacuum of space....that's dumb." That's perfectly fine is what I'm saying. Someone coming in to tell them, who has read some book or comic that takes place beforehand, and says "well the comics show Luke do it" (or something of the sort) and the person says "well that's dumb." That doesn't mean that they don't love star wars. They love star wars and they hate the idea that force has the ability to shield you from blah blah blah. That's fine. The Jedi running from the Droidekas: Someone says, "that's stupid. They're jedi they can beat them easily." Other person comes in and says, "well actually in the expanded universe Droidekas are established to be Jedi killers." Other person, "well that's dumb." Again perfectly fine. 

Now even if someone was to say, "The comics established this." And the person was to say, "I don't read the comics so I don't care and I think it's dumb." That is still fine. That's all I'm trying to say. No one has to care about the comics or books and if they just want to talk about the movies that's cool too. For someone to say, "you don't read the comics or books" (even the legends book/comics which have been retconned so they are no longer canon) so your opinion is invalid or you didn't do a google search about this so your opinion is invalid, I personally say, "fuck that."

Maybe you two are dealing with fans I never dealt with so I have no idea what you're talking about. But from the original comment it def. made it seem like Jedishy was saying, "you can't criticize star wars because you don't understand this super complex idea that is never discussed in the movies at all." That is toxic. Now maybe you weren’t saying that then ok doesn’t matter. But that’s how it seemed. Someone still is a Star Wars fan even if they just like the movies.

I once had a discussion where I said, “the midichlorians are a bad idea.” The person responded, “well midichlorians were always there, that was always the plan, and they way they work is blah blah, the whills,” and in the end I still thought it was a bad dumb idea. The midichlorians were never brought up in the movies so it was like they didn’t exist. Episode I is the first time they bring it up. Even if someone said, “well this book/comic that came out before Episode I actually brings it up.” I would respond ok sure, but it’s still dumb. 

Now, here comes a more complex issue, someone saying, “this can’t happen/doesn’t make sense in the universe because of this Star Wars fact” and then someone responding “yes it can because of this Star Wars fact” or “yes it can because that Star Wars fact doesn’t say this specifically contradict it” Who’s wrong then? No one. At that point it’s just someone arguing something is contradictory and someone saying it isn’t. 

With that “hurting the future of a franchise” part, one could argue that the franchise is hurting itself or that it keeps getting worse anyway so if it was to stop it wouldn’t matter. For some people, the franchise stopped after Empire and if you ask them what they think about future installments and they say they think they’re shit, then so be it. It’s just a movie/show/franchise/etc. Yes people love it and have strong feelings for it, but everyone is allowed to shit on it if they want. Obviously that doesn’t include sending hate mail/death threats. 

I would say “debunking” things in Star Wars is still being a Star Wars fan. There are things one loves about star wars and when they see something that they think doesn’t fit they say “I’m going to show how it doesn’t fit.” That’s not crying or bitching, that’s critiquing. Again if this is not what any of you are referring to then again doesn’t matter. But I digress, people enjoy things in different ways and if someone doesn’t enjoy something the same way you do and it irritates and frustrates you so much where you want to say something meaningless like “you’re not a true star wars fan” then maybe you just shouldn’t engage with those people.

23 minutes ago, lyrabetes3939 said:

Terrible:

• The Last Jedi
  • The Phantom Menace

Ok I can accept you have an opinion.... but how dare you say a movie with Qui Gon is terrible. Sabers at dawn