Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP season 10 first issue revealed

Rushing cash

Well, it's definitely going in an interesting direction to start off with. Then again, the comics have been known to explore very different things compared to the show. I'll be keeping a close eye out.

• Brohoof 1

Calling her a queen after it was established that Hasbro changed Celestia and Luna from queens to princesses because kids would assume queens are evil due to Disney. You heard it here first people, Twilight is the apparent villain of season 10.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Calling her a queen after it was established that Hasbro changed Celestia and Luna from queens to princesses because kids would assume queens are evil due to Disney. You heard it here first people, Twilight is the apparent villain of season 10.

Bow before twilight. The almighty book horse

I’ve come across the claims that the “Season 10” thing is just a label to attract more attention, and the comics will simply continue doing what they’ve been doing in the past, that is being considerably different from the show and often targeted at a more mature audience. Now it looks like they are exploring what wasn’t approved for the show, and I’m really glad – Zebraland is something many fans have wanted to see for years. And the characters lineup looks awesome.

Also, I really need to catch up on the comics, I’m like 50 issues behind.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I’ve come across the claims that the “Season 10” thing is just a label to attract more attention, and the comics will simply continue doing what they’ve been doing in the past, that is being considerably different from the show and often targeted at a more mature audience. Now it looks like they are exploring what wasn’t approved for the show, and I’m really glad – Zebraland is something many fans have wanted to see for years. And the characters lineup looks awesome.

Also, I really need to catch up on the comics, I’m like 50 issues behind.

Pretty much. Its issue 89, its not a separate comic series, although they are all set after twilights coronation. 

Glad to finally be getting information for this, we need something to hold us over while we're still confused about what the heck Pony Life is about. Not a big fan of Zecora, but I'd love to finally get some background story for her. :fluttershy:

Season 10's lead writer is Jeremy Whitley. 

2065112728_SombraGlare.jpg.e9ff820bee3fc9d0b71ba31223ca192f.jpg

Yes. That's exactly what my face is going to look like if this turns out to be a false alarm. :maud:

3 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Glad to finally be getting information for this, we need something to hold us over while we're still confused about what the heck Pony Life is about. Not a big fan of Zecora, but I'd love to finally get some background story for her. :fluttershy:

Season 10's lead writer is Jeremy Whitley. 

2065112728_SombraGlare.jpg.e9ff820bee3fc9d0b71ba31223ca192f.jpg

Yes. That's exactly what my face is going to look like if this turns out to be a false alarm. :maud:

Is he a good writer?

At least they kept the issue number instead of resetting it. I'd say they will reach Issue #100 sometime next March if the consistent release schedule is well... consistent.

6 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

Is he a good writer?

I think he's one of the better ones on the IDW MLP staff; if you will. He's most well known for the Siege of the Crystal Empire arc; which most seem to have a negative opinion on. That said, he also helmed the Sombra FIENDship issue, the Nightmare Knights series, and the Return of Tempest Shadow arc; all of which are highly regarded.

I'd say the newer stories have plenty of promise!

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I think he's one of the better ones on the IDW MLP staff; if you will. He's most well known for the Siege of the Crystal Empire arc; which most seem to have a negative opinion on. That said, he also helmed the Sombra FIENDship issue, the Nightmare Series series, and the Return of Tempest Shadow arc; all of which are highly regarded.

Thanks for giving the explanation so I didn't have to. I instinctively assume that every Sombra fan knows about that. :P The hate for Siege has really cooled down over time though, and more often now, I see people who actually like comic Sombra better than show Sombra. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I think he's one of the better ones on the IDW MLP staff; if you will. He's most well known for the Siege of the Crystal Empire arc; which most seem to have a negative opinion on. That said, he also helmed the Sombra FIENDship issue, the Nightmare Knights series, and the Return of Tempest Shadow arc; all of which are highly regarded.

Thanks, while I didn't like what he did with the characters in the siege of the crystal empire, but his writing was fine. The FIENDship issue is with the reflective mirror world? The rest are indeed pretty good although I barely remember anything from the tempest comics, but I did enjoy it.

• Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Thanks, while I didn't like what he did with the characters in the siege of the crystal empire, but his writing was fine. The FIENDship issue is with the reflective mirror world? The rest are indeed pretty good although I barely remember anything from the tempest comics, but I did enjoy it.

Just for clarification; the FIENDship issue was pretty much a prequel to the Siege arc. Pretty much a tragic backstory for Sombra that introduced Radiant Hope as well.

The mirror universe was the Reflections arc; which was written by Katie Price. :)

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Just for clarification; the FIENDship issue was pretty much a prequel to the Siege arc. Pretty much a tragic backstory for Sombra that introduced Radiant Hope as well.

The mirror universe was the Reflections arc; which was written by Katie Price. :)

Oh, alright, I thought it was part of the siege of the crystal empire.:awwthanks: thanks for the info

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/01/interview-jeremy-whitley-on-writing-my.html?m=1

An interview with jeremy. Some really 8nteresting things have been mentioned, like tempest and discord interacting, big mac and rockhoof having hoof wrestle and he said that the season 10 will be spread for about 2 years.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

Oh, alright, I thought it was part of the siege of the crystal empire.:awwthanks: thanks for the info

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/01/interview-jeremy-whitley-on-writing-my.html?m=1

An interview with jeremy. Some really 8nteresting things have been mentioned, like tempest and discord interacting, big mac and rockhoof having hoof wrestle and he said that the season 10 will be spread for about 2 years.

Favorite part was him talking about all the creative freedom they have now. 

"I am eternally grateful to say there have been very few notes and a lot of exciting developments. We can do big things that change and expand the world of the series. We don't have to be concerned that something might be contradicted by the show." 

This is already great news on its own, and it gives me more confidence. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

"I am eternally grateful to say there have been very few notes and a lot of exciting developments. We can do big things that change and expand the world of the series. We don't have to be concerned that something might be contradicted by the show." 

From what he said, it seems they will finally play upon some great ideas and theories that brought up during the series and never answered. 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, Rushing cash said:

From what he said, it seems they will finally play upon some great ideas and theories that brought up during the series and never answered. 

I hope bats are among them :fluttershy:

That's cool. I think we'll need a Season 10 sub-forum area to organize each separate story plot similar to how we do it for the show.

Edited by Singe

• 3 weeks later...

Second part of S10 and Zecora’s arc

1.jpg

2.jpg

I’m interested that only one of those other characters is a Zebra. The rest are new species. 
I theorize they are a type of horses in some African cultures. Alternatively, at least for the nose-horn guys, are a type of equine-rhinoceros. As far as I understand, rhinoceros were originally known as unicorns, or have taken part of the unicorn legends. Alternatively, it could be a reference of horses and rhinos sharing ancestors 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

There were antelopes with a horn on their nose: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoceratidae

Its good to have news on the upcoming comics. The articale on ED also mentioned "an attack by the fearsome Grootslang puts Zecora's hometown in danger..." 

I am looking forward to more reveals, the new characters look cool.

Interesting. The article mentioned that particular species being native in America, but I suppose we can’t rule out some living in Africa. That leaves what are suppose to be those water horses tho

On 1/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

I hope it has something in store for the royal sisters(what happened for those 2 in the finale was.. disappointing).
Hopefully for Spike too like his origins, since dragon eggs can't just randomly pop up from thin air into the possession of ponies.

Also hoping it doesn't bring up.. iffy stuff the comics had done like Cosmos..