Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape." Lauren Faust Reveals How NMM Was Actually Set Free.

Denim&Venöm

Well, that’s not surprising. Next we’ll learn that Celestia invited Chrysalis to Canterlot, brought Sombra back the first time, lured Cerberus from Tartarus to let Tirek free, intercepted Sunburst’s letters to Starlight, and when she got really bored, she asked her granddaughter Cozy Glow to move to Ponyville.

Spoiler

large.png

• Brohoof 1

This may have made sense back when the show only had 2 seasons. However thanks to the Cutie-Re Mark episode Faust's explanation doesn't make any sense in the context of the show.
So we either take this statement as an outdated explanation of a certain event in show made by an individual who hasn't had any input on the show since season 2, or we accept it and turn Celestia into an even more incompetent ruler.

I mean... it's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention. Celestia letting villains go as a test make so much more sense. You want to tell me in 1000 years, it was pure peace and as soon as Twilight make some friends... villains beyond Celestia start showing up like locus? The 100 episode showed Bon Bon belonged to a secret organization controlled by Celestia (or something... can't remember the exact quote). Re watch season finales with the mindset of Celestia controlling the situation. It makes so much sense.

This makes me believe that Celestia actually advanced a thousand years (as the Storm King did in the movie) to free Luna.

However, Celestia sucks, everyone made her look like a 'wise' teacher who helps her students, while these are really her puppets.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:34 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

And so an almost decade long question has finally been given an answer. Now, there will be new questions related to this answer.

Many new questions, like who made the prophecy? How did they know it would be 1000 years? 

It seems like Celestia destroyed all records of NMM being Princess Luna.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Many new questions, like who made the prophecy? How did they know it would be 1000 years? 

Kind of wished they showed what happened during the 1000 years gap.
Such as the aftermath of NMM happening and such.

16 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

The destruction of information seems reasonable. Having one of Equestria's rulers suddenly attempt to overthrow the other, followed by the second being banished isn't exactly a glowing image. Not to mention how such information probably soiled the reputation of the royalty in the social circles when it first happened. Having ponies forget about that would have probably been the only thing that would let Celestia try to move on with her duties.

And if she had a hand in making ponies forget about her banished sister, she probably had full reign to make that prophesy herself. Infact, since no ponies are alive from that time period, it may have been less than 1000 years.

11 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

That would make an interesting fic idea, if it hasn't already been done. I would think it'd focus on the first few decades or so, when the pressure or ruling by her own, mixed with any grief Celestia might have, would have impacted her princess duties.

4 minutes ago, Ruby Aurora said:

The destruction of information seems reasonable. Having one of Equestria's rulers suddenly attempt to overthrow the other, followed by the second being banished isn't exactly a glowing image. Not to mention how such information probably soiled the reputation of the royalty in the social circles when it first happened. Having ponies forget about that would have probably been the only thing that would let Celestia try to move on with her duties.

And if she had a hand in making ponies forget about her banished sister, she probably had full reign to make that prophesy herself. Infact, since no ponies are alive from that time period, it may have been less than 1000 years.

I was thinking the same thing. Its not like she could have told everyone, "Hey, my sister turned evil and I alone was able to imprison her in the moon. But you can totally trust that I won't turn evil. Hoof swear". They way the event was celebrated each year, it sounds like the part about NMM being Princess Luna was omitted from the records otherwise everyone could have turned on her. 

24 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

That would have been interesting to see her abandon the Castle of the Two Sisters and move to Canterlot.

• Brohoof 1

Of course she did! Celestia was devastated over the loss of her sister, and although the magic she cast could last 1000 years, she waited for the right moment in time to set her free. Call it Alicorn wisdom to know the power of friendship would redeem her sister and actually set her free.

• Brohoof 1