Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you consider yourself to be a control freak? Do other people consider you one?

Cagey

An old friend once told my dad behind my back "That I like being in charge."

The truth is though, I only like being in charge of myself. If I'm doing something, I want to be able to work unhindered and to be left to my own devices to achieve desired results.

• Brohoof 3

A little bit, but it varies. I follow instructions to the letter but otherwise tend to take charge or help delegate. In my experience you can't always trust everyone  to go about unsupervised.

Prime example I've probably told on here before, was a coworker of mine whose company I enjoy dearly, but has an odd way of coming up with solutions. We had a gutter that flowed over like a waterfall when it rained because whoever installed it didn't give it a place to drain. It was just a roof trough! What we should have done is removed an end so the water could flow out, but instead they drilled holes along the entire thing so instead of coming out like a waterfall, it now came out like a long shower head. Will the water sit placid and become disgusting with rotting leaf litter? No, but it's just as useful as having no gutter at all, and this isn't something that can be fixed without completely replacing it.

Also when I've developed a strategy, I come off as rude because I am being cold and calculating. I feel the need to micromanage because in that instance everything must go right or it's game over. The tide of war, or things we can analogize it with, do not always have a visible shift. Sometimes it's subtle and spirals until it's too late to do anything about.

As much as I hate to admit it, probably yes. Pretty sure even certain staff members could confirm it if they gave more thought about me.

I do not feel comfortable if I do not have perfect data about anything that requires me to do anything. I love to see things to be done my way, and although I have no issues surrendering my point of view in obvious cases, I will fight tooth and nail for anything that is not quite certain, only giving in to someone I consider to be a greater authority than myself on the topic.

Hardly do I ever trust people to know what to do or do things correctly. Unless I've known them for quite some time, I'd prefer to keep my hand on the pulse. To know everything that's going on. To interfere if I feel things are not to my liking.

Obviously a lot depends on mutual trust and lenght of time I've known the person the control extends to, but otherwise seeing things go my way is more prone to actually blur my vision more often than not.

I used to be a controling individual when it came to romantic relationships. I would not allow my partner to see their friends, talk with their friends (especially females), I would monitor their phone and social media activity, and make them hang out with me more than their family. Due to me acting that way, I was broken up with three times. It wasn’t until the third breakup and a fourth psychiatric hospital visit did I realize that I cannot continue to do that to people. I have no right to try and control others and a healthy relationship cannot function with such restraints. I am not the same person anymore and I wish I could apologize to those men I have hurt. 

It really depends. If I'm doing an art related project with people, I tend to like being a semi-leader in it. When it comes to work related things, I'm pretty flexible with anything that goes on. Overall I'm not really a controlling person.