Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What mm lead do you use for your pencil?

Muffinnz

I'm one of the few people you'll find who uses 0.9 lead. I've always thought 0.5 broke too easily for normal writing, and 0.7 is too weak if I need to make something darker. I try to always write with the pencil in the same orientation so the surface of the lead stays flat; that way I can write with thin lines if I need to without worrying about the lead breaking the rest of the time.

• Brohoof 1

I always found the lead trade fascinating but I can't stand mechanical pencils or even regular pencils most of the time. I used pens instead almost every day of high school and so far after.

24 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I always found the lead trade fascinating but I can't stand mechanical pencils or even regular pencils most of the time. I used pens instead almost every day of high school and so far after.

Why's that?

I never understood why people write everything in pen

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Muffinnz said:

Why's that?

I never understood why people write everything in pen

The pen has many benefits. It looks better, is required for legal documents, writes smoothly, never has to be sharpened, not likely to stab a whole through a pocket, and for those who say an eraser is of the utmost importance to fix spelling errors, I say, do better at not making them.

As a direct comparison to mechanical pencils, I'll never have to go searching for lead and worrying about pieces breaking.

• Brohoof 1