Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is your favorite Pixar movie?

DivineMist1000

Wall-E. A well-done environmental message tied with the second-best romance story in Pixar history. This movie understood perfectly when to draw humor, drama, and emotion, mix live-action with its wonderfully advanced CGI (I never saw an apocalyptic Earth look so good before), and effectively use visual storytelling.

• Brohoof 2

There are still plenty I need to watch, but my favorite is really Cars. It relates to my love of racing, has lovable characters, and feels like a nice geographic case-study in how interstate systems can (and have) affected some originally thriving communities. Both entertaining and enlightening!

• Brohoof 2

Easy, COCO!!

Coco is also my favorite movie along with 5 others.

After Coco it's

2. Toy Story

3. Toy Story 3

4. Up

After that, I like their other films but enough to put them on a list.

• Brohoof 2

Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Toy Story 2

I was a huge Pixar fan years ago, but I kind of realised that these are the only three that I actually liked. I haven't seen Coco, but I hear it's good from fans, but critics say it's just alright

On 1/29/2020 at 6:44 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Wall-E. A well-done environmental message tied with the second-best romance story in Pixar history. This movie understood perfectly when to draw humor, drama, and emotion, mix live-action with its wonderfully advanced CGI (I never saw an apocalyptic Earth look so good before), and effectively use visual storytelling.

Actually, Wall-e was not supposed to be a message about anti-consumerism and the environment. It was supposed to be a love story between robots first and foremost and Earth being covered in trash was only to justify the exsistance of the Robot Wall-e.

The main reason Wall-E was my absolute favorite until Inside Out and Coco was because of the minimal dialog between robots and using the animation film medium to convey their thoughts and feelings

Are you referring to UP as the most romantic story in Pixar History?

On 1/29/2020 at 7:42 PM, Pathfinder said:

There are still plenty I need to watch, but my favorite is really Cars. It relates to my love of racing, has lovable characters, and feels like a nice geographic case-study in how interstate systems can (and have) affected some originally thriving communities. Both entertaining and enlightening!

Finally. Someone gets it.

Very vocal Cynics claims Cars was a movie made only for the money, but really the filmmakers love cars in general and wanted to tell a story about that kind of world.

I like UP the most, especially the part where the house first floats away and you see the colours coming through the balloons in the various apartments and offices.  That was the best part and the soundtrack is amazing!!!

• 1 month later...

Toy Story 3 was an awesome watch. In my opinion, it was the perfect ending and a fourth movie really wasn’t necessary. Was the fourth movie bad? No. I just didn’t care for it much.

• Brohoof 1