Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is your favorite Pixar movie?

DivineMist1000

Onward: I recently watched it and it is the best pixar movie in my opinion.  I'm going to put a spoiler tag since it's still new.

Spoiler

I love the whole relationship building up between two brothers and their father and the closure they both had at the end. The way the story set it and tackle multiple problems these brothers are going through was handled very nicely and in a very meaningful ways. Usually a story likes focus on one thing to avoid messing up the massage of the story.  But Onward did great in showing, even through you don't know who the half your family are, you still got the other half and it's never too late to say good byes, even they're gone or not.  Story and the characters, is very on point. A very emotional movie.

The Incredibles  is my second favorite.  I don't lke the second one as much, but maybe because the main villain was not that interesting as the Syndrome. I like her motives but the character itself is very blend and boring. I rather have Screenslaver being the main real villain with an actual power of hypnotic . A mastermind who likes using video game references to carry out his evil deed. THAT is why more interesting. 

Toy story series:  4 is good but man it's more depressing than the other three, even though their just toys. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to see Onward, but honestly? I really don't see it as remotely competitive for a list (yes, I have to make a list because choosing one is not easy, at all) like this. I have more hope that Soul might make an honorable mentions appearance if it lives up to the potential I see for it.

1. Finding Nemo. If I DID have to choose one, Finding Nemo still wins out in my eyes. I find it to be one of the most heartful films ever made that had a good message, that unfortunately ended up falling on deaf ears.
  2. Toy Story 3. Although I really like the original, 3 is honestly even better to me. I haven't seen 4, but from what I know, it would likely be my least favorite of the series. That really says a lot because I know it would be good. Just not as good as the other 3.
  3. The Incredibles. I find this to be a great film myself mostly because it serves as such a good parody for superhero films. I'm not even sure if that was how it was intended, though. Also there's a few absolutely golden moments of this movie.

Honorable Mentions: Toy Story 1, Wall-E.

I'll note I also haven't seen: Coco and The Incredibles 2, though I think only the former would have any chance at even an honorable mentions spot.

Edited by Dustlicious

Ummm am I allowed to say Cars, (cause that was my childhood), Cars 2, (because it was the first movie I saw in theaters), and Cars 3 (cause it inspired me)?

Edited by SpittyPie2005

Toy Story is soooo good. The story is flawless. The characters are flawless. Only the humans look too toyish because of the early era CGI technology.

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Toy Story is soooo good. The story is flawless. The characters are flawless. Only the humans look too toyish because of the early era CGI technology.

the fricking dog though..

Can You Score 10/10 On This Disney-Pixar Trivia Quiz?

Just now, SpittyPie2005 said:

the fricking dog though..

Can You Score 10/10 On This Disney-Pixar Trivia Quiz?

Best dog! Really mean it :squee:

I had a video game of Toy Story where you had to avoid that thing! It was the scariest :ButtercupLaugh:

Just now, Super Splashee said:

Best dog! Really mean it :squee:

I had a video game of Toy Story where you had to avoid that thing! It was the scariest :ButtercupLaugh:

Oh jeez.......

I forgot what the dog's name is. Isn't it like Scud or something?

1 minute ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

Oh jeez.......

I forgot what the dog's name is. Isn't it like Scud or something?

I think it was Sid....

Definitely something Sid!

Spoiler

"Sid's dog" :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The first Incredibles. So ingeniously done.

It was the best!

Now, is there another one? I only saw the first one.

21 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

It was the best!

Now, is there another one? I only saw the first one.

There is another one but it's not particularly good at all. It takes away everything that was accomplished in the first movie and has them relearn it again but without any of the heart or the serious moments. So... it was a bit of a letdown. :squee:

5 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

So... it was a bit of a letdown. :squee:

With the smile at the end :ButtercupLaugh:

The Incredibles (first movie) was a masterpiece with plot twists and jokes, and played on the super hero thing that was either becoming popular at the time, or was already popular. Either way, it was risky, and I heard Pixar had problems at that time as well.

12 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

With the smile at the end :ButtercupLaugh:

The Incredibles (first movie) was a masterpiece with plot twists and jokes, and played on the super hero thing that was either becoming popular at the time, or was already popular. Either way, it was risky, and I heard Pixar had problems at that time as well.

Just smiled/squeed to lighten it up. I don't like complaining. :D The second movie, if I'm being completely honest, kind of became what the first movie was parodying. I could go on but I don't want to spoil it for you. 

I really like Cars 1 and Monsters Inc. because they were a big part of my childhood, but also Ratatouille because it's hilarious and Up because it's wonderful :squee:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Finding Nemo. It was definitely one of my favourite films growing up. It was such a wholesome and beautiful film, that really just takes me back to a simpler time. 

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno there were so many good ones. I just watched coco and it was sooo good so much better than i thought and it made me cri actually. Otherwise I quite liked walle, brave (though it wasn't rated highly), ratatouille and a few others.

Here is way Toy Story 1 is the best:

It was the first.

It was really well directed.

The story is engaging from the beginning until the end.

It has great characters.

It is funny, and has great songs.

It was the first 3D movie.

• 1 year later...

I think Zootopia. I just felt the most interested in that universe and w those characters.

...Well, that's what I would have said 1 minute ago until Google told me it was only Disney produced and not Pixar affiliated. -.- but I already had my thoughts typed so eh.

So, I guess I'd pick The Incredibles lol.

• 1 year later...