Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Into Darkness: A RWBY RP

Drago Ryder

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/189457-into-darkness-a-rwby-rp-ooc/ 

@Acnologia @Meson Bolt @dragon4111

“If one were to ask me how I might best describe the world of Remnant, then I suppose its very name would be the most accurate depiction, cliche as that might sound. The kingdoms of mankind that once spanned entire continents have been reduced to nothing, besieged by the grimm and abandoned by the still worshipped brother gods due to the actions of a few. Whether it be through stubbornness to live or ingenuity, the new breeds have managed to eek out a meager existence in comparison to what their predecessor once had. Brief glimmers of the old world still remain, albeit hidden, though whether or not such power is ready to be released is unknown. All I can hope is that this fragile peace lasts.”

-Journal of an old man

Albin would have been lying to himself if he didn’t expect something to go wrong during his tenure at Beacon, most of it stemming from his Introverted personality. His parents had already provided a few details, albeit vaguely, but he knew enough to know that he would almost certainly be spending the next four years with three other people. Whether or not he would actually come to enjoy spending time with them was something he tried to not think about, simply deciding to let fate do as it please.

The funny thing was that he had yet to even step foot onto Beacon’s campus, but was sitting in what he would describe as a flying box of death, most commonly known as a airbus, that was taking him, along with every other first year applicant, to one of the most prestigious huntsman academies in the world. The mode of transportation in of itself was rather rare, with trains being far more common, though it made sense that such an establishment might have one or two at their disposal. Sitting with his back against one of the few walls not made of glass with his body as compact as possible, he could see other potential students milling about or sending him wary glances, and Eva, the beautiful raven that she forever will be, was perched on the railing to his left. He could understand why she might be a bit reserved about being close to him at the time, but it didn’t exactly help with his current predicament. “I can ride Faith into a pack of beos and come out smelling like death, and not even that gets a reaction. A pox on whoever made these accursed things.” The thought might have been a bit exaggerated, but the point still stood. At the very least, he would only ruin his casual attire on the first day, with his combat gear being shipped the day prior.

Edited by Drago Ryder

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki felt a light smile grace her lips as she watched the world move below her from behind the glass pane. While most would have second thoughts about traveling halfway around the world to become to learn how to fight the monsters of the world, she found the prospect to be rather interesting. She couldn’t really describe it, but something about the decision had just felt right to the fox faunus, and meeting new people that she could potentially call friends was just the icing on the proverbial cake. Her parents might not have fully approved of the decision, but she could cross that bridge whenever it came.

The girl was only brought out of her thoughts when she noticed a bird out of the corner of her eye. It was a rather odd sight, considering where exactly she was, though it didn’t take long for her attention to shift towards the rather pale figure sitting on the floor not to far from it. Whether out of worry or curiosity, Yuki slowly made her way towards the two, wary of what the raven might do. “Are you ok? You don’t look too good.”

Eris had not been having a good day. Never mind her fear of heights, the odd pace they'd been moving at and irregular acceleration made her nauseous, and she'd found herself throwing up over the side of the airbus more times than she'd liked to have admitted. She wasn't the only one of course, but that didn't make her stomach, head or feelings feel any better.

Her only consolation was that the airbus was now landing, and with a descent to a lower altitude came fresher, cooler air for her to breathe freely.

As she sat curled up in one of the corners, she touched her weapon and admired it fondly. The halberd had been her only friend through the harsh training of Vacuo, and while rather basic in design she adored the way it handled. It wasn't the most unique weapon and she was alright with that, she'd designed it from the ground up and her father, an expert blacksmith, had forged it from the finest tempered metal. It would've remained in its factory-new polished state were it not for the rigors Eris had put it through, but as it was, it still retained a glimmer of its original radiance, and more importantly, a razor-sharp edge on its blade.

She looked up at the students around her, most of them not too noteworthy. A pair of students began conversing not two feet from where she was seated, and she listened in on their conversation while not making eye contact.

@Drago Ryder@Acnologia@Meson Bolt

Ghalan looked between the two poor bastards. "Yeesh don't even have stomachs for flight eh you two," he stated with a joking tone of voice. He was smirking at them. Ghalan's tail swayed slowly. His wolf ears twitched slightly.  He was wearing his armor. "Hmm a halberd you have enough reach for that? Or are you flexible?" Ghalan asked jokingly at the lady.

Edited by dragon4111

As much as Eris wanted to retaliate with a searing burn that would probably ruin his reputation at school forever -- at least, that's how she'd envisioned it -- she was feeling far too sick and dizzy to do so, instead simply tilting her head at him.

"Excuse me, who are you again?" she retorted, not picking up on the fact he was joking.

The raven watched as the fox faunus approached one of the two scions of the Wolfram family that belonged to this generation. All things considered, she didn’t seem like much of a threat at the moment, but one could never be to certain. Moving a bit closer to the boy that had unlocked her aura, she let what sounded like a light croak escape her beak, tilting her body forward slightly and extending her wings.

”It’s fine, Eva. There’s no need to be rude.” While it wasn’t exactly vocal, Albin’s voice did seem to calm the bird to some degree, though that might have also been due to the slight activation of his semblance. He then turned his attention towards the newcomer and let a weak smile grace his lips before moving to stand. “Yeah, I’m not exactly used to traveling like this, so my stomach is violently protesting the decision to come here. My name is Albin, by the way. You’re another applicant of Beacon, right?” It was a bit redundant given the vehicle’s destination, but it would make a good conversation starter.

The girl tilted her head, unsure of how to react from the sight of the boy and his bird interacting with each other, though she was brought out of that train of thought when he spoke to her. “Well, I would certainly hope I was, otherwise I’d be horribly lost.” A light giggle then escaped her lips as her ears flattened against her hair. “Either way, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you, though I suppose it would be rude for me to not provide my own name. I’m Yuki Ryuzaki, though my friends just call me Yuki.”

The fact that Albin was standing now gave her a bit more to look at, and his height alone meant she needed to tilt her head upward slightly in order to look him in the eye when speaking to him. It was evident that he trained regularly, even when wearing a shirt, and that sent a light heat racing to her cheeks. Hoping to move the conversation along, she simply glanced at the raven and figured that she was a good a subject as any. “I didn’t know Beacon allowed pets. She, Eva, looks well taken care of.”

Eris sighed and looked up at Ghalan, brushing a loose lock out of the way so that he could see her face clearly. "Eris Leone. I don't have a fancy title or anything, just a student like you trying to learn how to become a huntress." She tapped her halberd lightly. "And yes I've got the skills to wield this baby... perhaps if you're lucky you'll be able to see her in action."

Eris' look morphed into one of shock. Whatever it may have been that she was expecting, that line certainly wasn't it. A faint reddish tint found its way to her cheeks, and she turned away in a huff to avoid its detection. "Might wanna work on those, that was about as smooth as a concrete wall to the face," she asserted, crossing her arms.

@Meson Bolt

Ghalan smirked and said "That blush says otherwise," he shook hius head with a grin on his face. "Hmm so you seem to be the shy type...This is gonna be fun," Ghalan said with a smug grin on his face. "Plus I do mean what I say you are beautiful," he said as his tail swayed.

“Well, I’ll be sure to remember that, Yuki.” It might have been a bit presumptuous to assume that she considered him a friend after only a few seconds, but he tried to at least have some confidence for once in his life. After all, she wouldn’t have said anything if they weren’t right? Either way, he was glad to at least be holding a conversation with another student, though he did wince slightly at the mention of the word she used to describe Eva. “Either way, the school typically doesn’t. Thankfully, loophole in the rules let me bring her along, not that I consider her one mind you. She’s more like an adopted sister with one heck of an honor code.” Granted, he was mostly to blame for that, but he figured that such a thing would be best kept a secret.

For now, Eva would forgive the fox faunus for the slight, though that didn’t mean she would a second time. After all, it didn’t sound like she was a resident of the village she and Albin had grown up in if her name was anything to go by, and she certainly would have remembered someone with her appearance. With that in mind, the bird simply jumped and landed on her human’s left shoulder, observing another conversation occurring nearby from her new perch, letting a light croak escape her beak in annoyance.

Eris huffed audibly at his response, unable to pick up on whether or not he was simply flirting with her or being absolutely genuine. It was a compliment either way, so she simply turned back to him and responded, "Well, thank you."

Quick to change the subject, she added, "So what kind of weapon do you use then, Ghalan?"

Yuki nodded slightly as her ears perked upward. “I see, so she’s required for you to be an effective combatant? That is a bit strange, though I’ll be looking forward to see how that works out. I’m just stuck with a boring old spear that turns into a rifle.” It probably had something to do with his semblance, though she didn’t know if he would consider her questioning him about such a thing rude. “Either way, she is quite beautiful, though I assume that she is not what you will be using as a weapon?” She was honestly a bit surprised when Eva moved to Albin’s shoulder, though the other teen was probably used to it.

@Meson Bolt

I use three weapons," Ghalan stated with a chuckle. He rifled through his pack and placed a motionm sickness pill. "Here this should help you with the air sickness," he stated with a chuckle. " A longsword, a dagger, and a bow," he stated with a grin on his face. His ears twitching.,. "If need be I'll use my own claws,"

For the time being, Albin ignored the offered medicine, not really trusting the source entirely and not knowing what it might do to him. Either way, a light chuckle escaped his smiling lips as he leaned back in an attempt to at least soothe his nausea. The fact that the wolf faunus flirting with another potential student reminded him of a friend of his didn’t exactly help, but all he could do was ignore it for the time being. “That doesn’t really sound to boring compared to my own weapons. I’m more of a board and sword kind of guy myself. It might be simple, but it certainly works most of the time.”

While Eva was not exactly prideful, that did not mean she wouldn’t preen whenever a compliment was given, and it did certainly help with her opinion of the girl. 

"Indecisive much?" Eris quipped with a smirk, standing fully and eyeing up the faunus in front of her. She was tall for a girl, and even then he stood a good six inches above her. "It's no need really, we're landing."

She was right. The airbus, now only a few hundred feet above the landing platform, was slowly descending into the dock.

Yuki gave a light nod as she looked out the window. “You shouldn’t really sell yourself short. If you can take down what we’ll be training to kill with just that, then you’re skills are probably pretty good.” She honestly relied on more of a hit and run style of fighting, and if she could keep her opponent at range, then that was all the better for her. “Heck, I can’t even use my semblance in a live combat situation without leaving myself open.”

Edited by Acnologia

@Meson Bolt@Acnologia@Drago Ryder

"No just how I as trained by my father and mother," Ghalan stated with a chuckle. "Bow with dust filled arrow head with a special mixture," Ghalan stated. "My sword and dagger are made of an extremely light and durable metal," he stated. "Oh and I'm verry good and stealth so watch out if you don't mind if I catch you in your underwear Eris," Ghalan stated as he started to run away after he said that.

“Thanks. I’ll be sure to remember that.” He might not have went through the same training programs as most of the people here, but that didn’t really mean anything if he still knew how to fight. Either way, he was honestly hoping that they were put on the same team. He felt his normally tense muscles relax around her, and she had honestly made him forget about his motion sickness. Granted, that only lasted up to the point where his lunch came back up in a rather explosive display, but at least he had managed to turn his head to avoid hitting her in time. He had already felt Eva fly backwards in order to not get tossed off, not noticing how she landed on Yuki’s own shoulder. 

It was at the same time that the vehicle had come in for a landing on an isolated pad connected directly to the Beacon campus by a short nature trail. Considering its proximity to the school, the chance of grimm being nearby would be practically nonexistent. Once off, students would be directed to head to the academy’s amphitheater for orientation by conveniently placed signs.

Eris glared hotly at his final comment, but at that point he was out of earshot. As much as she wanted to give chase and force him into submission in retaliation, part of her didn't want to make a scene, and the other part of her thought he'd somehow like that. Instead she shrugged it off, huffing to herself as she began to deboard.

Besides, he was just some random guy anyway, what were the chances he'd run into her again?

Yuki was rather surprised by the sudden movement and rubbed Albin’s back with a free hand. “Right, we should probably get you off this thing before you flood the compartment.” Hopefully, they wouldn’t have to pay the school for the cost of the cleanup. Either way, the fox faunus then guided him forward towards the now open door, figuring that his stomach would no longer be an issue once he was on more stable ground. 

Once he was off the vehicle, Albin managed to slowly regain his bearings and looked around. Other students already seemed to be milling about in the general area, most likely figuring that socialization would be a better alternative than making the journey to the main campus. He would probably have to muffle his semblance, lest he be swarmed by birds. He might enjoy their company more than most people, but he had already suffered enough humiliation for one day. “Yeah. Hopefully, that doesn’t become a common occurrence, though I see Eva likes you.”

If it were possible, the raven would have rolled her eyes, before leaping off Yuki’s shoulder with a flap of her wings and flying into the forest. All things considered, she was rather curious about the new territory, and it wasn’t like she was missing anything important anyway.