Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

3 hours ago, DJ Wolfe said:

You'll get more by shaking the cedar trees multiple times.

Are you talking about the one that tends to grow on higher elevations? The ones where the leaves and branches give the tree a cone like shape?

45 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Are you talking about the one that tends to grow on higher elevations? The ones where the leaves and branches give the tree a cone like shape?

Yes, those trees.

NH-Evergreen-Tree.png

32 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

You wanna make sure there are no items surrounding the trees otherwise acorn and pinecones will drop in a open space.

Obviously I found that tree branches will fall about up to two squares away from the tree on the west, southern and East sides the same should apply to the acorns and pine cones too

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 5:45 AM, KirbyFluttershy said:

Any tips on getting a fly to spawn? i've placed a lot of trash on the ground and none had spawned. i would get one off from a spoiled turnip, but that'll take me a week.

Put trash in an open space with nothing else around. I struggled too - But moved it to a different place and the fly came almost instantly..

Hope this works for you too.

@Will Guide @Harii Moxxiie @KirbyFluttershy @DJ Wolfe  Celeste is on my island!  I'll be turning in to get some sleep soon, but I'm leaving my gate open overnight.  Here's the dodo code:

F9LNW

I saw Celeste on one of the hills on my island that's to the north; it was the hill that was kind of center-west-ish.

There are also sparse shooting stars; according to MeteoNook (which never let me down before), they'll be at:

10:45pm, 11:03pm, 11:16pm, 11:42pm, 12:07am, 12:09am, 12:14am, 12:35am, 1:19am, 1:56am, 2:14am, 2:35am, 2:57am, and 3:57am.  All of those are Eastern USA Daylight Savings Time.

43 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

@Will Guide @Harii Moxxiie @KirbyFluttershy @DJ Wolfe  Celeste is on my island!  I'll be turning in to get some sleep soon, but I'm leaving my gate open overnight.  Here's the dodo code:

F9LNW

I saw Celeste on one of the hills on my island that's to the north; it was the hill that was kind of center-west-ish.

There are also sparse shooting stars; according to MeteoNook (which never let me down before), they'll be at:

10:45pm, 11:03pm, 11:16pm, 11:42pm, 12:07am, 12:09am, 12:14am, 12:35am, 1:19am, 1:56am, 2:14am, 2:35am, 2:57am, and 3:57am.  All of those are Eastern USA Daylight Savings Time.

Sorry, I'm not available at the moment. Maybe next time?

Pumpkins!!!! <3

And we get to grow them ourselves, which is a brand new feature! I'm not one for Halloween itself, but I do love pumpkins, and my town will surely have them everywhere. I can't wait to see the winter holiday update! I plan to go all out for that one! (as I do with The Sims lol)

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Darn that mosquito! Okay just a few moments ago I had just ran past a scorpion which I thought were gone by now. It didn't even chase me but I went back to see if I could catch it. I try to sneak up on it the scorpion looked like it was ready to pounds on me. It calm down, I went closer, and what happened? A mosquito bit me messing up my concentration!

Surprisingly the scorpion didn't attack me but it did end up walking away into the river! 

• Brohoof 1

The bad news is I missed the Golden Stag that won't reappear until next July. But the good news is I've still got every fish and deep sea creature that has appeared since Launch Day in March including the ones that will stop appearing once it becomes October

• Brohoof 1

You wanna make the bugs, fish, and deep-sea creatures as your priority as they go away per season and month. I almost missed the horned hercules and it was close to getting one. i had to remove all the wild log benches and relocate the coconut trees so i may be able to see bugs on the coconut trees. Fly is gonna be the toughest part for me. i just dumped every garbage i have on the island and none has spawned.

There's a theory to spawning rare bugs is that if you try to catch 100 bugs regardless of same and different, probably 1 you're looking for will spawn.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

You wanna make the bugs, fish, and deep-sea creatures as your priority as they go away per season and month.

Yes I know that but the golden stag never showed up on my Island. Just going to have to wait until next July

3 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I'm not sure what are the chances of them spawning when you go to another person's southern hemisphere island just to get yourself a golden stag. that's just one of my concerns.

I don't Even know anyone from the southern hemisphere who has that game

The other option is to find someone who started in southern hemisphere rather than northern hemisphere. I know most of us here are northern hemisphere. You can expand your search for one as long as the person who has southern hemisphere island doesn't go afk and sleep mode on you.

I know I did travel to southern hemisphere island by accident or without knowing just to get the a DIY recipe from celeste, but i ended up getting the leo sculpture DIY recipe than cancer table DIY recipe.

19 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

@Will Guide @Envy @KirbyFluttershy @DJ Wolfe @Harii Moxxiie There's a high turnip price spike on my island later this afternoon!  I figured I should let you guys know about it pronto.  It's not clear exactly how high it'll be, but ac-turnip.com says it'll be between 210 and 630!

Ah,  typically,  I've not bought turnips this week on new horizons.  :/

Been playing new leaf a lot more recently ..

Edited by Harii Moxxiie
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't been playing the game much and haven't bought turnips since like May or June.

When do we get pumpkin seeds? It's frustrating to wait anxiously for the update and then I have to wait again anyway.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

@Will Guide @Envy @KirbyFluttershy @DJ Wolfe @Harii Moxxiie There's a high turnip price spike on my island later this afternoon!  I figured I should let you guys know about it pronto.  It's not clear exactly how high it'll be, but ac-turnip.com says it'll be between 210 and 630!

On my Island the turnip price seems to be decreasing, so can I visit your Island today?

1 hour ago, Envy said:

I haven't been playing the game much and haven't bought turnips since like May or June.

When do we get pumpkin seeds? It's frustrating to wait anxiously for the update and then I have to wait again anyway.

Patience is a virtue. Playing the fishing game has taught me that

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been doing the stalk market lately since the nookstop / abd doesn't give you any rewards like in NL. I'm just waiting for that to happen and get my own nookstop without going to resident services.

1 hour ago, Envy said:

I was told that the pumpkin seeds and candy will be available on october just to let you or everyone know about that. Leif visited my island at a bad timing before the update.