Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

New Horizons only. Doesn't Apply to New Leaf or earlier:

Here's a sneaky trick I'm going to try out to ensure that I would get the better turnip prices whether they be before or after noon. Now the game doesn't auto save if you're in a menu. So if you stay in a menu long enough as soon as you close it it should automatically auto save and shouldn't auto save again for another 5 minutes or so. 

My experiment is going to involve wait until it's close to noon while my menus such as my pockets are opened. Then a few minutes before noon I will close the menu so the game Auto saves. After that while it's still a minute or two before noon I will sell my turnips for 446 bells each. And then as soon as it becomes noon I'll ask what the prices are again. If it's lower I should save my game and continue on my way. If the price afternoon is higher then immediately (before the game Auto saves again) I shall close and restart the game. This will give me back my soul turnips without technically time traveling. Finally I would sell them at the higher price and I'll be done with the stalk market this week.

What do you guys think?

I don't think it works that way. When I was playing new leaf right close to PM price and then when 12PM (all time zones) hits, the price changed when i stayed in re-tail before i saved plus you don't get the turnip price till 12AM (all time zones), but that's when the store is closed so if you stayed in the shop till 12AM, then you get the AM price although i dunno if that works since i never stay inside the store till 12AM in terms of my time and activity and i have to keep my turnip price list updated.

15 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I don't think it works that way. When I was playing new leaf right close to PM price and then when 12PM (all time zones) hits, the price changed when i stayed in re-tail before i saved plus you don't get the turnip price till 12AM (all time zones), but that's when the store is closed so if you stayed in the shop till 12AM, then you get the AM price although i dunno if that works since i never stay inside the store till 12AM in terms of my time and activity and i have to keep my turnip price list updated.

Actually it did work. Beside as soon as it's closing time you're kicked out of the store anyway so it doesn't even matter. Wait a minute, you're talking about New Leaf.  That was New Leaf; we're talking about New Horizons here. That's a different game with different programming

I clearly said in New Horizons,you're supposed to sell it while it's still the before noon price and then before it saves check to see if the afternoon price is higher. If the afternoon price is higher restart the game quickly before it saves then you can sell it for the higher price but if the earlier price was higher then just save your game and keep the money.

And it turned out the money I got before noon was worth more today so I saved and kept it. My experiment was a success

I don't think that works for me because I always check on the turnip prices and keep'em on my turnip price list and then see what the prediction is. I may catch myself off time so I just check at an early time. Normally having a lot of money in new horizons doesn't serve that much of a purpose besides building inclines and bridges. It would be nice if we had ABD app or our own nook stop to have in our own house after we store a lot of money in the ABD, but other rewards would be nice.

Anyway we have some events in the upcoming days and months. The only things we have coming are not only autumn leaves, but we have thanksgiving event coming up as well.

• Brohoof 1

@Will Guide @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @ExplosionMare @Rainbowdash69

I've got a light meteor shower on my island; there won't be any meteors until after midnight (in my time zone), so I'll just leave my gate open while I sleep.

The times are all in the USA Eastern time zone:

12:07am, 12:16am, 12:17am, 12:57am

1:02am, 1:37am, 1:48am

2:03am, 2:22am, 2:24am

3:03am, 3:08am, 3:09am, 3:14am

The dodo code is G8BW1

I did it I updated my house well enough to earn the highest award possible and during the last HHA Scoring, I scored over 150,000 points!

FB_IMG_1605579651885.thumb.jpg.c7ca4f483ca7149f3c501c55e77fafcf.jpg

I'll still be updating my house whenever a new season comes in with new furniture. 

1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

We're getting some updates so here's the related article. Looks like the pumpkins still serve their purpose in the later updates though.

Oh der I think I only have one stack of orange pumpkins and no other color. although to be honest when it comes to harvest day that was one mini game even back in the previous new leaf game that I never really cared for and made a big deal about. If I have to wait until next year to properly do the thing I shall. 

But when Toy Day start to come I will want to do that event right

@Will Guide @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @Eren Jaeger @A French Derpy full of Salt

Celeste is on my island again!  Last I saw her, she was on the north-central hill.

I'm keeping my gate open overnight.

There's a few meteors as well; the times are all in the USA Eastern time zone:

10:09pm, 10:23pm, 10:34pm, 10:38pm

12:13m, 12:54am

1:07am, 1:34am, 1:45am

2:19am, 2:21am

3:00am, 3:05am, 3:06am, 3:11am

The dodo code is KTY0N

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well you're gonna have to plant more pumpkins though if you want some in different colors. i have a whole lot of pumpkins. I just didn't plant much of them since halloween.

Unfortunately the store doesn't sell any more pumpkin starts anymore so I can't grow anything at all

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Unfortunately the store doesn't sell any more pumpkin starts anymore so I can't grow anything at all

Some of us here that have the different colors can provide if you need them and that all depends on how many white and green pumpkins you need.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:
17 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Some of us here that have the different colors can provide if you need them and that all depends on how many white and green pumpkins you need.

I have pumpkins of different colors growing here and there on my island: 

White:  just northeast of my museum, right in front of the sign at Rod's house.  (A tree might obscure this pumpkin patch.)

Orange and Yellow:  Just northeast of Rod's house

Orange and Green:  To the east, across the bridge, by the purple pansies

More orange and green:  There's a bridge up the hill in the center-north part of my island; just west of the northern end of the bridge has another green pumpkin patch

One more green:  just up the first ramp---the ramp that connects the center-north hill to the cluster of three houses to the north.

I'm planning to open my island again this evening, since there'll be more meteors; you can grab some pumpkins of whichever color you need and plant and grow your own.  Once I open my island up, I'll tell you the dodo code.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I have pumpkins of different colors growing here and there on my island: 

White:  just northeast of my museum, right in front of the sign at Rod's house.  (A tree might obscure this pumpkin patch.)

Orange and Yellow:  Just northeast of Rod's house

Orange and Green:  To the east, across the bridge, by the purple pansies

More orange and green:  There's a bridge up the hill in the center-north part of my island; just west of the northern end of the bridge has another green pumpkin patch

One more green:  just up the first ramp---the ramp that connects the center-north hill to the cluster of three houses to the north.

I'm planning to open my island again this evening, since there'll be more meteors; you can grab some pumpkins of whichever color you need and plant and grow your own.  Once I open my island up, I'll tell you the dodo code.

That would be great.

4 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

expand your storage before reset

why do you make it sound like it needs to be done before you reset the game? Because that sounds backwards  The expansion comes after the update

well What i do mean by "before reset" is by before 6AM all time zones (or possibly before that time), the usual time that you have your house expanded. If you order the storage expansion at the day you ordered it on, you'll get the expansion on the next day. For this storage expansion, it's not a loan so you have to pay up at front whenever you have the money.

1 minute ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

well What i do mean by "before reset" is by before 6AM all time zones (or possibly before that time), the usual time that you have your house expanded. If you order the storage expansion at the day you ordered it on, you'll get the expansion on the next day. For this storage expansion, it's not a loan so you have to pay up at front whenever you have the money.

Yeah, I just paid for it 2 minutes ago and technically 5:00 a.m. is actually when the game refreshes itself for the new day. 6:00 is when the day officially turns over in New Leaf

• Brohoof 1

@Will Guide I'm doing a software update now; once it's updated, I'll open my gate.

EDIT:  The dodo code is 68LT0

Meteor times are (all USA Eastern time): 

10:08pm, 10:22pm, 10:33pm, 10:37pm

12:03am, 12:12am, 12:13am, 12:53am

1:33am, 1:44am

2:18am, 2:20am

3:04am, 3:05am, 3:10am

Edited by HereComesTom
new info

6 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

You can grab some pumpkins of whichever color you need and plant and grow your own.  

Look I can take your pumpkins. but I can't actually plant them once they've been plucked from the starting patch. So unless you actually have some pumpkin starts for me to take then you can't really help me that well

2 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Look I can take your pumpkins. but I can't actually plant them once they've been plucked from the starting patch. So unless you actually have some pumpkin starts for me to take then you can't really help me that well

Let me see how many I have in my storage...

EDIT:  50 green and 21 white.  I'm a packrat!

Edited by HereComesTom