Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

Here's an awesome tip for those looking for extra Bells. Something that don't think was possible in earlier games. Spoilers covered if you want to discover for yourself.

Spoiler

Instead of selling materials like weeds directly, CRAFT them into an item first for twice the amount!

In earlier games, selling an item, you usually only get a 1/4 of what you had to pay to get it if it was being sold in shops, but...

As I discovered, selling weeds directly seemed to be worth 10 bells a weed. I quickly got a DIY recipe for a leaf umbrella which requires 15 weeds. I crafted one and went to sell it expecting the selling price to be 1/4 of 150 bells which would be 37.5 bells but to my surprise, Timmy offered 300 bells instead. you can actually make a profit by crafting instead of just selling the materials raw!

Wow! If this was intentional then congratulations to the Animal Crossing team for giving some incentive for crafting. It actually pays you to take the extra step of crafting instead of just selling.

To all those who read this, may it be of help.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, Thuja said:

10 days to go!!!  Has anyone tried planning their islands with that island designer tool someone made?  Here's mine from what they have available.  I'd really like to make sections, like, one spot could be residential and another business, etc.  Ultimately, I'd like to do something like this if I can at some point in my playthrough...  A little suburb with the museum on it's own, stairs going up to the higher part, an orchard etc,.  The grey paths are going to be my paths going about and I left a section open to do whatever with.  idk just thinking about the possibilities.  I haven't really been watching any acnh news videos recently, trying to not build my expectations too high and would like to be a little surprised at this point.  Can't wait to play this game!!!  I think I'm going to try and make some freckles for my boy at the start if I can.

Possible town..JPG

Word of warning if you haven't already started. Be careful of which island starting layout you choose, there are absolutely no bridges at the start to cross the river. I personally started with an island that had two river ends into the ocean...

IMG_20200320_010422.thumb.jpg.44005de4af88194b685bff86f4cee10b.jpg

Because of this, I'm restricted to the part of the island with the airport and Nook Tent. already I grabbed every material that was on this part of the island but I can't explore the rest of the island until I build a bridge

You may be able to eventually change the island's landscape, but keep in mind how you shall start

Other than being unable to walk around the whole island due to lack of starting bridge, the only other regret I have is erasing my New Leaf on 3DS data too soon. I should have at least waited for a chance to look at this old CUSTOM DESIGN I made myself for my shirt. It's essentially made to look like my Cutie Mark

I was hoping I could painstakingly recreate the same design ASAP in New Horizons only to realize QR Codes only work with the 3DS due to its outer camera, which the Switch lacks, sigh

Even if I start a brand new file tonight in NEW LEAD, it'll take ten consecutive days of talking to Sable in the clothes shop to unlock the sewing machine where I can use a QR code to quickly get my design back. I still have of the QR code but in order to see the individual dots that make the Cutie Mark design, I would need to somehow get it back in New Leaf. at this rate I won't be able to get the design that way until the end of the month. Guess I'm going to have to be patient on this one

Still, this is just the beginning and time will eventually pay off

• Brohoof 1

So I've played the game for several hours already and am very pleased. I was worried that it would suffer from the New Leaf problem of having very little to do on the first day, but that's not true at all. I fear that maybe the Nook Mile incentives will be too front loaded and have little to offer in the long run, but do think that there are a lot of other things to aspire for the game later, so it's fine. I'm just glad they fixed the early game problem.

Oh the game is already out? Honestly, I lost complete track of the date. Anyways, I'll have to grab it the next time I go out. After all, I've been excited for this game ever since it got announced.

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’m hoping to get the game once I got out and buy a couple of eCards

They're not called eCards they're called amiibo cards. The e-reader only work with the original GameCube. The e-reader itself was a commercial failure back in the day. The Amiibo cards are the successor to the thing

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

They're not called eCards they're called amiibo cards. The e-reader only work with the original GameCube. The e-reader itself was a commercial failure back in the day. The Amiibo cards are the successor to the thing

An idea that should have never been revived, but here we are.

Anyway, I have a feeling they're referring to buying cards for credit on the eShop so they can buy the game, or that's the impression I got.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Word of warning if you haven't already started. Be careful of which island starting layout you choose, there are absolutely no bridges at the start to cross the river. I personally started with an island that had two river ends into the ocean...

Because of this, I'm restricted to the part of the island with the airport and Nook Tent. already I grabbed every material that was on this part of the island but I can't explore the rest of the island until I build a bridge

You may be able to eventually change the island's landscape, but keep in mind how you shall start

Yep, I already knew we would be isolated to one part of the island at the start of the game, this is ultimately an end goal for me

Alright took a break, about to start my second round of play.

Island Name: Everwell

Local fruit: Peaches

Starter Villagers: Reneé the Rhino and Mac the Dog

I got my house and Blathers’s tent coming in tomorrow.

OMG, the game is so... CUTE. I love it so much!! <3

• Brohoof 1

I finally caught a tarantula!!!  The first time it showed up scared the crap out of me and bit me while I was catching a butterfly lol.  I was prepared this time! :mlp_maud:

2 hours ago, Thuja said:

I finally caught a tarantula!!!  The first time it showed up scared the crap out of me and bit me while I was catching a butterfly lol.  I was prepared this time! :mlp_maud:

Good job!

How is everyone doing with their Critterpedia? I’ve got 8 bug entries and 18 fish entries.

• Brohoof 1

Day One is coming to a close

Progress so far

Fellow Villagers: Hazel the Squirrel and Rudy the Cat

Native Fruit: Oranges

Critterpedia: 25

Blathers is coming tomorrow morning. I will be waking up to a new house and will hopefully be prepared to pay the loan off as soon as possible. That’s it! Good night

• Brohoof 1

Just got Blathers! He’s as hilarious and adorable as always. XD

”WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE PINK MAOMAO?”

EDIT: OMG, I went to my first mystery island and Beau was there! I love Beau, he’s one of my favorites!

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Ok. I was just shorting saying eShop cards but I guess I can see the confusion.

21 hours ago, Envy said:

An idea that should have never been revived, but here we are.

Anyway, I have a feeling they're referring to buying cards for credit on the eShop so they can buy the game, or that's the impression I got.

Yeah, that’s what I meant

Alright, that’s enough for now. Got to get to bed.

Everwell Isle daily progress:

[Spoilers maybe?]

Spoiler

• Got the vaulting pole and the shovel
  • Gave Bathers the needed number of critters to get his museum permit, will be unavailable tomorrow because of museum construction
  • Gathered the materials for the Nooklings to build their shop, should be ready tomorrow
  • Paid off house, took out loan for next upgrade
  • Found and helped Gulliver
  • Caught a tarantula, oarfish, and sturgeon
  • Visited three islands with Dodo Airlines and invited Beau, Fauna, and Audie to my island (I seriously lucked out) XD

Having so much fun! And playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 when there’s nothing to do in AC:NH.

• Brohoof 1

In regards to Blathers, I felt like I got him earlier than everyone else. I can only speculate what happened:

Seeing as Friday was not too long after my last morning shift, and I was anxious to play it, I got up really early to play the game. I got a lot done before the sun even rose in the game. I got Blathers and his tent on my first day of play. I have noticed that a lot of people have talked about having to wait until the next day to get his tent... That didn't happen for me. I thought this was the norm and other people were just confused on how to get his tent, but then I realized that maybe somehow the threshold for getting Nook to call him for me was passed before 5am, and thus when 5am came, the game counted it as a new day and thus allowed for me to get Blathers, even though I was still on the first day. o.o

As they say, the early bird gets the worm! =P

19 hours ago, Thuja said:

Lucky you

While it was still before Midnight on the West coast March 19 turning over into March 20, I kept getting attacked by one. 4 times on Opening and it still KO me. It's not scary. Just annoying

3 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Alright, that’s enough for now. Got to get to bed.

Everwell Isle daily progress:

[Spoilers maybe?]

Reveal hidden contents

• Got the vaulting pole and the shovel
  • Gave Bathers the needed number of critters to get his museum permit, will be unavailable tomorrow because of museum construction
  • Gathered the materials for the Nooklings to build their shop, should be ready tomorrow
  • Paid off house, took out loan for next upgrade
  • Found and helped Gulliver
  • Caught a tarantula, oarfish, and sturgeon
  • Visited three islands with Dodo Airlines and invited Beau, Fauna, and Audie to my island (I seriously lucked out) XD

Having so much fun! And playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 when there’s nothing to do in AC:NH.

Thank you for using the spoilers button

• Brohoof 1

I met Blathers today

Spoiler

His reaction to bugs is more priceless than ever. I guess the Museum will be construed tomorrow.

I also spoke with Timmy

Spoiler

He’s asking for contributions to building a store. So I pitched in. I gathered all three types of wood he asked for. While gathering wood on the other side of the river, I actually caught two wasps (previously these were the bees that attack if you shake a tree where they built their nest) but I still need some Iron Nuggets

I wanted to get my flag design on NH, but it seems it's not possible without the right colors or rather it would be difficult to work around with. I dunno if any of you guys are able to help and assist me with that matter and attempting to find the QR Code for it is not possible even though what I tried to look for the QR code isn't around anymore.

Day 2 is coming to a close

Progress on the Shop Material Gathering: 100% complete. Shop likely open on Day 3 or 4

House status: 98,000 Bell payment finalized. 2nd expansion underway

Museum Status: 20 total Fish/Bugs donated. Likely opening on Day 4