Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Would it be all right to give me your dream address if you have made a dream version of your Island so I can explore without ruining it?

I'm not sure I have a dream version of my island; I'll need to check some time after I've closed my gate, since checking my phone can interfere with flights in and out.

EDIT:  I'm keeping my island open overnight.  I've de-listed my island from turnip.exchange, but you guys can still come if you like.

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

I'm not sure I have a dream version of my island; I'll need to check some time after I've closed my gate, since checking my phone can interfere with flights in and out.

Actually, I just read that while I was on your Island I could have pressed the minus button to see your passport. Or maybe it works if I was the host and you're visiting MY island. Either way, if you have made a dream version of your Island you would have the privacy settings to have your dream address printed on your passport, Map or not.

In any case, I got a nice profit on the turnips and thank you for that.

I don't think it's a good idea to use the turnip exchange site in terms of how many ppl are trying to enter the island for stalk market. I did see ppl use that site to advertise for celeste and meteor showers, but i don't think i can trust that site for turnips, celeste, and meteor showers.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I don't think it's a good idea to use the turnip exchange site in terms of how many ppl are trying to enter the island for stalk market. I did see ppl use that site to advertise for celeste and meteor showers, but i don't think i can trust that site for turnips, celeste, and meteor showers.

I've used it and never really had a problem before.  Last week I used it to find a place to sell my turnips (the tip requirement on the island had an option that let me get rid of about 50 star fragments that were cluttering up my storage), and yesterday I used it to get visitors to my island.  I made as much in tips as I made actually selling my turnips :)

I think part of the reason things went well was that, at the time I had my island listed, there were several other queues listed that had turnip prices in the 500-600 bell range, while my island was at 387 bells per turnip.  So I wasn't people's first choice.

Not only festivale and valentine's day events are coming up next month, but there's also groundhog's day as well.

Anyway my friend's sister has celeste visiting, but the showers are too light. If only we know how to use the MeteoNook like tom here did, then we may be able to find out when the meteor showers are and how frequent they're appearing at. All I know is that the toughest part is the seed.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, KirbyFluttershy said:

Anyway my friend's sister has celeste visiting, but the showers are too light. If only we know how to use the MeteoNook like tom here did, then we may be able to find out when the meteor showers are and how frequent they're appearing at. All I know is that the toughest part is the seed.

The seed number for my island was AGONIZING for me to get---I kept getting the wrong one, and kept having to erase earlier days until I finally got the right seed number.  I probably kept getting the wrong ones because I assumed incorrectly that, if there are any clouds in the sky at all, then the weather doesn't count as "clear".  That turned out not to be true; a few small clouds can count as "clear"; it's best to use the clear/sunny or sunny/cloudy options if there's any uncertainty.

The important thing is to narrow down which weather-pattern a given day is; that's what helps MeteoNook figure out your island's seed number once you get enough days' weather-patterns (correctly) figured out.

Anyhow, I have light meteors on my island tonight, too, but Celeste isn't here as far as I can tell.  I'm keeping my island open all night in case anyone wants to grab some star fragments.

Dodo code is 8FMHB

Here are the timings, all in USA Eastern time:

8:51pm

9:17pm, 9:53pm

10:07pm, 10:15pm, 10:31pm, 10:41pm

11:11pm, 11:15pm, 11:16pm, 11:20pm, 11:21pm, 11:49pm, 11:57pm, 11:58pm

12:11am, 12:47am, 12:55am

1:13am, 1:34am

2:56am

3:19am

So it's the weather patterns throughout the days that we need to find out the seed is then. That's not a bad idea to do that although it's tricky as you mentioned to me and my friends before.

I believe that the certain time frames for shooting stars should have the most so judging by the time you posted, that 11PM EST has the most shooting stars in terms of the time frame.

It would be nice if we can make stone pillar since we're holding a lot of stones and they would make a great decor in front of the museum.

oh and if any of you guys have redd visiting, lemme know which paintings and statues are genuine (or real) so i can come and buy one. if you can't tell which paintings and statues are genuine (or real), this will help you guys. I think redd has been eluding me throughout the week.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

What do we have here?

This... looks kinda fun, but I love the tease at the end better

well while a certain anniversary special is going on, of course they'd want to feature some themed items from that franchise

• Brohoof 3

There's also Animal Crossing sanrio collaboration pack coming as well which it will release at march 26 2021 and sold exclusively at target. Now i do know these sanrio themed villagers and i have them in my pocket camp data. they can also be used in new leaf as well.

• Brohoof 1

@Will Guide @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @Eren Jaeger

I've got a light meteor shower again tonight, but no sign of Celeste.

The dodo code is DTHT8

The timings are:

8:49pm

9:15pm, 9:51pm

10:05pm, 10:13pm, 10:29pm, 10:39pm

11:09pm, 11:13pm, 11:14pm, 11:18pm, 11:19pm, 11:47pm, 11:55pm, 11:56pm

12:09am, 12:45am, 12:53am

1:11am, 1:32am

2:54am, 2:59am

3:17am, 3:59am

...That's actually the latest ANY meteors can spawn, I think!

I can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed with this update and how the recent updates have revolved around holidays and nothing more.

And the March update being Mario items? Ugh. The novelty of those items wore off with the original Animal Crossing. Seeing them in NL homes I Streetpassed (and Spotpassed? I forget how it all worked) always made me go meh, it just isn't an interesting theme, IMO.

New Horizons is super fun, but it has a major issue with lacking furniture from previous games. I wish Nintendo would fix that. I mean, yes, technically they are bringing back Mario items which are probably the ones from previous games, but those alone won't do much for the game.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Envy said:

I can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed with this update and how the recent updates have revolved around holidays and nothing more.

And the March update being Mario items? Ugh. The novelty of those items wore off with the original Animal Crossing. Seeing them in NL homes I Streetpassed (and Spotpassed? I forget how it all worked) always made me go meh, it just isn't an interesting theme, IMO.

New Horizons is super fun, but it has a major issue with lacking furniture from previous games. I wish Nintendo would fix that. I mean, yes, technically they are bringing back Mario items which are probably the ones from previous games, but those alone won't do much for the game.

you wanna give the lack of furnitures from previous games some time. We had a lot of stones saved up, but we need a stone pillar as a DIY to make use of these stones. As of mario items go, yeah. that's true, but they may be adding more from pocket camp which is the cappy hat that i know about. We just don't have Legend of Zelda and Pokemon related items from the previous animal crossing games.

The problem with lack of furnitures and others is that we need to get the DIYs from the villagers and it's random. We Just need to find out which villager is crafting what item and then we may be able to get come and get the DIY from them, but that all depends on which DIYs we have so far.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

you wanna give the lack of furnitures from previous games some time. We had a lot of stones saved up, but we need a stone pillar as a DIY to make use of these stones. As of mario items go, yeah. that's true, but they may be adding more from pocket camp which is the cappy hat that i know about. We just don't have Legend of Zelda and Pokemon related items from the previous animal crossing games.

The problem with lack of furnitures and others is that we need to get the DIYs from the villagers and it's random. We Just need to find out which villager is crafting what item and then we may be able to get come and get the DIY from them, but that all depends on which DIYs we have so far.

The game has been out almost a year now. I have given them time. They are not delivering.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno if they're willing to add more nintendo items aside from Mario items, nintendo switch systems, LoZ, and pokemon items. It would be nice to have them back. The other part we need is getting more DIYs as we pick up more resources like the stone pillar.

Just to let you guys know that the new reactions aren't available till next month (feburary).

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Envy said:

The game has been out almost a year now. I have given them time. They are not delivering.

it's only been 10 months. Can't you wait 2 more months BEFORE you start complaining?

Look, I know there are some features missing compared to the previous major game New Leaf, but people need to realize you can't have everything. Some things had to be cut in order to use the resources to bring some new stuff to the newer games. Not just in Animal Crossing but in all long running franchises. Take New Super Mario Bros for the original DS for example. It had the blue shell power-up that practically never returned in later games of the NSMB subseries. Some games have stuff exclusive to them within their series. Every game in a long-running series has its pros and cons. I myself would like to see some Nintendo themed items come to New Horizons but even if they don't bring back those items, I still appreciate all the effort put into the game to give a theme of moving to a deserted Island and making it into civilization from the ground up.

Bottom line: be patient and they might surprise you with something you wanted. And if they don't delivered, then at least be grateful for the stuff they already gave us. They worked very hard and long to make the new stuff in the game  To act demanding that the company does things like this can make the whole fandom seem entitled and like spoiled bratty children, even if the fans in questions are physically adults. There's a reason the trope "Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things" exist

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Bottom line: be patient and they might surprise you with something you wanted. And if they don't delivered, then at least be grateful for the stuff they already gave us. They worked very hard and long to make the new stuff in the game  To act demanding that the company does things like this can make the whole fandom seem entitled and like spoiled bratty children, even if the fans in questions are physically adults. There's a reason the trope "Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things" exist

Lets go to my post above that KirbyFluttershy quoted. I said "New Horizons is super fun, but it has a major issue with lacking furniture from previous games. I wish Nintendo would fix that." Note: I said "I wish". KirbyFluttershy then quoted me saying that I needed to be patient, and then I responded that I have been patient. I praised the first few updates, at the very least, and New Horizons is my game of the year from 2020, and is the strongest Switch exclusive game, IMO.

But the lack of furniture from previous games is a glaring flaw in a game where we finally have the ability to decorate the outdoors. What I've seen is people using the same few themes for their towns when there is a great wealth of items that are missing even versus NL/HHD that would alleviate this greatly (including furniture that is perfect for outdoors). And then throw in an Expansion Pack that includes Pocket Camp items and boom, the game becomes so much more diverse and so much more interesting to decorate our towns.

Besides, even if I was instead being a "spoiled bratty child", I still wouldn't have to feel too bad about it because Nintendo is a corporation. Animal Crossing New Horizons is a product. I paid money for it, I am allowed to be disappointed with the way things have been done.

While I have always had my criticisms, I have actually been rather forgiving of NH's flaws and have defended it a lot against a lot of people who hated on it in the beginning, saying that NL was vastly superior, and I disagreed with that. This should tell you something that even someone like me who has always defended the game is feeling rather down about the way they're handling it now.

• Brohoof 1

The thing is that every 1-3 months is that we get an update knowing that we will get new DIYs, new furnitures, new reactions, and new and returning events. Some items are on special offer for events as well regardless of the region and hemispheres.

Sometimes we have to keep an eye out for any news and/or data mines on the upcoming updates, contents, and news so we will know what's going on.

It's true that that's not much furniture set(s) choices going on, but once the upcoming updates keep coming in, we will have more choice to use.

Even though i'm not that picky on the furnitures, I just prefer to use what i got and place'em right even for feng shui. Everything is all about looks, but if you're in a HHA, it's all about your score and points.

• Brohoof 1

The special furniture are limited time only so buy what you need before they get removed. I just normally buy them when it's available.

If you missed the special furniture from the special goods, then don't worry about it. usually these things come back yearly (or every year as i could say)

Pocket camp items, well i only buy when new pocket camp items are available although I know some of you guys don't play pocket camp besides me, but i can still provide the items to you guys at no charge.

The following pocket camp items i have for NH are pocket camp phone case (which it can only be used once and can overwrite your current design on the phone case so think twice about using this, but will provide another if needed,) brake tapper (which it looks similar to slot machines), campsite sign, fortune-cookie cart (and no, you can't get fortune cookies off from this cart. sry), market place decoration, OK motors sign, cap, and jacket, camper tee, and pocket modern and vintage campers.

Celeste appears randomly regardless of the light or heavy meteor showers and isabelle's announcement so it's not guaranteed.

@HereComesTom- I accidentally shook your orange tree when the shooting star appeared. i think the island is a bit crowded for meteor showers in terms of trees and the villagers are getting nearby as well. normally we have to find a better space where we can't talk to villagers when they walk nearby.

• Brohoof 1

So, new Festivale themed items are being sold in the corner of Nook's Cranny in preparation of Festivale and a new set of reactions can be bought by looking in the cabinet

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

So, new Festivale themed items are being sold in the corner of Nook's Cranny in preparation of Festivale and a new set of reactions can be bought by looking in the cabinet

19,800 Bells is WAY overpriced for three reactions :yeahno:. Oh well, at least it counts towards the Nook Miles.